• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

EVENT (OVER) Psychic Spectacular (Oct 5-Oct 14)

the future is not written
Reaction score
  • Staff
You may have noticed in the last couple of days that Psychic Pokémon are spawning more frequently in the wild! The Psychic Spectacular event started yesterday, Oct 5, 1PM PDT (GMT-7), and it will run through Oct 14, 1PM PDT (GMT-7). The features of this event are:
  • Increased Psychic-type Pokémon
  • Additional Field Research focusing on Psychic-type Pokémon
  • Shiny Drowzee has been spotted in the wild!
In addition, there is a concurrent event with Pikachu spawning that are wearing hats inspired by clothing from streetwear designer Hiroshi Fujiwara. These can be shiny as well, so keep an eye out!

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I'd definitely like a shiny Pikachu with the special hat and a Drowzee, seems like the shiny rate has been increased a little bit for those two? Not sure though.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I'd definitely like a shiny Pikachu with the special hat and a Drowzee, seems like the shiny rate has been increased a little bit for those two? Not sure though.
I'm sure I’ve seen over a hundred of those Pikachu and not single shiny so...

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Despite Ralts no longer being in 10km eggs, they're still rare even here in my Cloudy weather. Harder than hard since I need to get both Mega Gardevoir and Mega Gallade when Mega Evolution mechanic comes.

And oh, I found the first wild Beldum in GO. Still don't stop my hype to get into October's Community Day and, save up candies for Mega Metagross in the future.

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I'm hoping I can get a shiny Drowzee but I've been slow in playing the game lately :'(

Lovely
Reaction score
I was hoping for Ralts and Kirlias, but they are super rare where I am :/

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
I did not go really hardcore on this event as there was no major bonus (like double Stardust/Candy, reduced distance etc.)
However I did shiny hunt a little and got a single Drowzee which I evolved in the end, were on the lookout for Ralts (got enough Pinap'd catches and then trades etc. which got me a nice 98% I'm saving up for hopefully a CD, plus 300+ Candy I'm hoarding for CD/Gallade)
And the research was nice too! Especially the catch 10 Psychic types for 1000 Stardust (essentially made those 10 catches a double Stardust event's worth) and catch 5 Abra/Drowzee for Jynx (got me a handful of Jynx, all Pinap'd since it's research reward of course, of which one is 98% and the rest I'm planning to trade away. Already at 200+ Candy).
Finally, on the Abra department, I got a 100% and a few luckies while trading them around, so I can focus on powering up some nice Alakazam in the future, if need be.