• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO (OVER) The Hatchathon!

hurristat

the future is not written
Reaction score
Starting now (November 14, 2018 1:00 PM PST), and running through November 27, 2018 1:00 PM PST, we have a new event: the Hatchathon!

Pokémon that have new evolutions that first appeared in Sinnoh will be hatching from 2k eggs! Furthermore, some Pokémon can now evolve further, namely: Electabuzz to Electivire, Magmar to Magmortar, Togetic to Togekiss, Misdreavus to Mismagius, Murkrow to Honchkrow, Sneasel to Weavile, Dusclops to Dusknoir, Roselia to Roserade, Gligar to Gliscor, and Porygon2 to Porygon-Z. All of these Pokémon require 100 candy and a new evolution item, the Sinnoh Stone, to evolve.

Finally, shiny Elekid has been added to eggs! Good luck hatching and hopefully you can do some new evolutions!

Honestly, I'm not going to try too hard with this event.

Considering how burnt out I feel from the flurry of more worthwhile events we had for a while, such as Halloween -> Pinsir Weekend (and Gengar Day) -> Cubone/Ponyta Days -> Stardust Blast (and Cyndaquil CD) plus running around all over town for EX Raids/Windy WB Giratina some days in between, this event feels underwhelming in comparison :( No major bonus like double Stardust/Candy, no boosted shiny chance on any wild Pokemon...

So basically this event is more geared towards players who don't have enough Candies or good IV specimen of the Pokemon with Gen IV evolutions, which is welcome of course, just not really suiting me at this point. The Shiny hunting's also focused on the Eggs, with the new Elekid plus Togepi/Magby hatching frequently. Being a player who does not invest much Coins in Incubators (I prefer Raid Passes) and not having any luck so far with Shinies from Eggs, I'd rather chill out and enjoy the game with a slower pace than I did the past half month. Just the daily Giratina Raid here and there, a few catches/spins/research tasks, and call it a day.

Of course I"ll still hatch as many 2km Eggs I can manage in my infinite incubator at the time, just not going to push it much.

Even the way the Sinnoh Stone is obtained makes me not feel like playing too much. If it was a rare drop from PokeStops or a rare Research Task reward I'd probably hunt it down to get my Pokedex completed faster, but if it's pretty much gated to one per week, then I'll just claim the daily stamp and wait it out. A lot. Because the dex will take a while anyway and fear of evolving is a major thing nowadays.

I'm not a huge fan of this event, I've hatched a few eggs so and have gotten a Rhyhorn and Sneasel out of them woooo.

This is definitely a step down from when they would put all the 10k pokemon in 2k eggs, it doesn't do enough for me here.

Ι got a couple of Rhyhorn and Misdreavus, an Elekid (not shiny), a Magby, a Sneasel, nothing too high IV. It wasn't even a guranteed 2km Egg drop from stops unlike previous events. So yeah, underwhelming, although it was supposed to go along with the Let's GO event.

I got some Rhydons (mediocre IVs), a 98% Sneasel and a 100% Gligar, plus junk like misdreavus, murkrow and such.

Oh, Snorlax, Lapras, Tyrogue, Chansey have been added to the 7km pool I've read. Just the Pokemon I'm no longer interested in.

This event was pretty disappointing. In the like 3 or 4 2k eggs that I hatched I only got Rhyhorn and Sneasel. I wouldn't have been excited if these came out of 5k eggs so them coming from 2k eggs doesn't mean much to me either :p

Half the time I didn't even get 2k eggs from stops which was a bummer too.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom