• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Platinum is rushed and sucks in more ways than one, while DP was ravaged by making both the protagonists the chapter's named after be Platinum's sidekicks, mostly. I still managed to enjoy some parts, but DP (and Pt especially) were a letdown to me. Couldn't stay on par. At least the author had the decency to expand on the horrible magazine ending for that.

I've read the first book online, but stopped after that because I would MUCH rather buy actual copies and read them from a physical book. Otherwise the whole experience is just so diminished. I did buy one of the Gold/Silver/Crystal books (13?) at an anime convention, but I'm saving up money so I can just go ahead and buy every book in the series at once from Amazon or some other similar site. Besides, the author doesn't get anything in return if you read it for free.

I have heard only good things about the manga for years and years, and honestly this thread is the very first time I've heard negative things about it. This does not sway my opinion on it though. I really enjoyed reading the first book online, and will wait however long it takes for me to get all the manga books.

Yeah, I'm trying to catch up on all the volumes too, and I can't wait to read it and support the author/artist! I'd never heard anything negative until this thread either, actually, I think the art is cute and well-done, and the characters are likeable. Especially Pearl and Silver. Though I must agree that Platinum tends to hog the show in DP/Pt, which is a shame, since Diamond and Pearl are pretty entertaining alone. I just hope the R/S/E and Fr/Lg chapters get an official release overseas.

While Platinum does hog the focus, she is a pretty interesting character in that she's a rich girl experiencing the world for the first time and relishing it. At least so far. Though it'd be better if the focus was balanced well between her and her "bodyguards," Dia and Pearl.

Well, her origins regardless, it did kinda suck that Dia and Pearl didn't get parts of the story dedicated just to themselves 'til, like, the trio split up to defend the lakes, and Platinum does so at every gym (and the one contest she participated in). I liked it a lot better during the RS arc, where despite Ruby getting more limelight towards the end the focus was almost equal, barring the fact that Sapphire was based on the "rival" May and Ruby the protagonist Brendan.

The player has Norman for a father, and the rival is Birch's kid.

I dislike Special a lot.

It's my least favourite part of this entire franchise by far.

It's really not very funny, the characters are cliche, the art can get really low-quality at times during the second artist's run, and it gets so much attention (which it doesn't deserve) that none of the other, much-better, manga get any recognition.

I dislike Special a lot.

It's my least favourite part of this entire franchise by far.

It's really not very funny, the characters are cliche, the art can get really low-quality at times during the second artist's run, and it gets so much attention (which it doesn't deserve) that none of the other, much-better, manga get any recognition.

I respect your thoughts but if you think Pokemon Special is bad, then you probably hate the Pokemon Anime. It has cliches beyond cliches and they're barely done well. At least Special doesn't have a repetitive plot with bland CoTDs each story and an annoying trio of criminals that trail the Main Character(s) all the time.

Plus, people have legit reasons for liking the series.

I respect your thoughts but if you think Pokemon Special is bad, then you probably hate the Pokemon Anime. It has cliches beyond cliches and they're barely done well. At least Special doesn't have a repetitive plot with bland CoTDs each story and an annoying trio of criminals that trail the Main Character(s) all the time.

Plus, people have legit reasons for liking the series.

The anime does so much stuff better, though. Better battles, better teams, better fanbase, better humour, better Pokemon interactions (believe it or not, the franchise is about Pokemon), better art, better captures, better rivals, not to mention it can actually create original characters instead of ripping them off of Gamefreak like Kasuka and Yamamoto...I could go on for a while.

Last edited:
The anime does so much stuff better, though. Better battles, better teams, better fanbase, better humour, better Pokemon interactions (believe it or not, the franchise is about Pokemon), better art, better captures, better rivals, not to mention it can actually create original characters instead of ripping them off of Gamefreak like Kasuka and Yamamoto...I could go on for a while.

I sorta disagree to an extend but the Anime does entertain me oftenly. And yeah, I admit that the Pokemon are better portrayed in the Anime than in Special (though the games don't show them with real personalities like in the Anime so I see where Special got the idea) and the battles are cool, especially in later episodes of AG, DP and BW. However, it can get really repetitive and annoying to me. The characters are sometimes and often two-dimensional, it repeats story ideas to the point that they're ripping off themselves, Team Rocket is annoying before BW where they're just bland, the other evil teams are barely featured like in the games (which I HATE), Ash and his friends are never shown reaching their goals any time soon, Ash is still ten and hasn't won a single league and there's so much more wrong with the show that we'd be hear all year discussing it.

Also, Kusaka "rips off" from GameFreak because he's making a Pokemon Manga based on the main series games so naturally, they'd have the characters from GameFreak's Pokemon games. DUH! And I imagine Nintendo and GameFreak gives Kusaka permission to use their characters and concepts.

Also, Kusaka DOES make original characters like Green, Yellow, Emerald and other characters who don't appear in the games.

P.S. The fanbase for the Pokemon Anime are like any fanbase: Unpleaseable, demanding and more. Same with the Pokemon Manga fanbase and every other fanbase. No fanbase is perfect.

And it can shaft/ignore characters horribly. That's one thing I actually appreciate about Special that the anime severely lacks. Special actually respects continuity and doesn't shaft game characters (however small) in favour of COTD's.

It's a no brainer 90% of the fanbase would've rather see the likes of Brendan or Leaf in an episode than a COTD.

So you like original characters, do you? I'll bet you greatly enjoy the fact that the recreants of Ass's crew are all either based upon player characters or NPCs, that these so-called original characters, regardless of their origins or order and frequency of appearance, are all shallow as crap, the "humor" is dated beyond words to the point that some daresay that had it better the first 90 episodes than currently, and after over 700 episodes not one of Ass and his companions have reached any of their goals save the mission to change their wardrobe every time a "new" series comes up.

Oh, and better art? Yamamoto is far from the ideal manga artist in favor of godly figures like Miura, Urasawa, Katsura, Inoue, or Nihei (and hell, even Iwaaki and his super-awesome story that the art can't compete with), and despite favoring Mato I can't find real qualities in her that I can really label god-class, but the crappytastic, "meh" animation in a show my online anime buddies and I label pseudo-anime (either that or "disgrace to all that is animated") coming close to even their ability to detail out and distinguish characters from one another through actual features not found on the games can teach you your folly should you even glimpse at as far as volume three.

I'm sorry, but when you open your post with "I really, really dislike this" and list biased reasons such as these (the funniest of them complaining about game characters appearing in a game-based manga), you lose any points left to try and be taken seriously. Runner-up would be "better captures," quite the hypocritical post to make when after Ass's gone through 5 regions, one of which he traveled through twice, he hasn't caught a tenth of the known Pokemon up to this generation (even with his multiple starters and the fact that his show's been running for a teenager's lifespan), a feat which you're expected to achieve before even getting the National Pokedex on certain games. Also, Paul and Gary are the cheapest rivals yet, and the fact that they've even kept them from fighting in the finals of any league just shows how much Green has over them in any department. Also, wasn't being truthful to the games a good thing last I checked?

Seriously man, I mean no offense, but you make no sense. I don't even like, say, Super Effective, and can find no feasible reason as to why you'd be as harshly critical of it as you are, and yet prefer the anime of all things. If they even matured slightly through the hundreds upon hundreds of episodes they've wasted helping out CODs that pop out like worms lusting for damp soil, you might have a bit more of a point, but as you are now, a certain person on the first page has much to teach you in the realm of criticism.

Last edited:

Agreed on the Pokemon interactions and the original characters. There's really no excuse for them basically treating the reason the franchise exists as living plot devices to focus on the human characters who aren't even that interesting in their own right. And if I wanted to retread the exact same characters from the games I'd play the games again. The anime might have its share of flaws but at least it brings something new into the story the games started.

I sorta disagree to an extend but the Anime does entertain me oftenly. And yeah, I admit that the Pokemon are better portrayed in the Anime than in Special (though the games don't show them with real personalities like in the Anime so I see where Special got the idea) and the battles are cool, especially in later episodes of AG, DP and BW. However, it can get really repetitive and annoying to me. The characters are sometimes and often two-dimensional,
And Special's characters aren't? Please.

it repeats story ideas to the point that they're ripping off themselves, Team Rocket is annoying before BW where they're just bland, the other evil teams are barely featured like in the games (which I HATE), Ash and his friends are never shown reaching their goals any time soon, Ash is still ten and hasn't won a single league and there's so much more wrong with the show that we'd be hear all year discussing it.
Ash has won 2 leagues, thank you very much, and the same can clearly go for the manga.

Also, Kusaka "rips off" from GameFreak because he's making a Pokemon Manga based on the main series games so naturally, they'd have the characters from GameFreak's Pokemon games. DUH! And I imagine Nintendo and GameFreak gives Kusaka permission to use their characters and concepts.

There are plenty of Pokemon Manga that make up their own characters. For main series game adaptions, I give you Pokemon BW: Good Partners, and Pokemon Battle Frontier.

Also, Kusaka DOES make original characters like Green, Yellow, Emerald and other characters who don't appear in the games.

Oh boy, three characters! It's not like the anime hasn't made, I don't know, dozens of important original characters. Not to mention, Green was based off of concept art of a female player character during the RBG age.

P.S. The fanbase for the Pokemon Anime are like any fanbase: Unpleaseable, demanding and more. Same with the Pokemon Manga fanbase and every other fanbase. No fanbase is perfect.

The Pokemon Adventures fandom is the worst of the franchise, though.

Kameinu said:
And it can shaft/ignore characters horribly. That's one thing I actually appreciate about Special that the anime severely lacks. Special actually respects continuity and doesn't shaft game characters (however small) in favour of COTD's.

Yeah, they just make those characters evil.

So you like original characters, do you? I'll bet you greatly enjoy the fact that the recreants of Ass's crew are all either based upon player characters or NPCs, that these so-called original characters, regardless of their origins or order and frequency of appearance, are all shallow as crap, the "humor" is dated beyond words to the point that some daresay that had it better the first 90 episodes than currently, and after over 700 episodes not one of Ass and his companions have reached any of their goals save the mission to change their wardrobe every time a "new" series comes up.

What, and Special's characters aren't shallow? They're all generic cookie-cutters anyway; at least the anime had some guts to put out some OCs once in a while.
Mhm, and Special is just a comedy goldmine, ammirite?

Is Blue Oak a League Champion? Is Ruby a Contest champion? Are Diamond and Pearl famous comedians?

Oh, and better art? Yamamoto is far from the ideal manga artist in favor of godly figures like Miura, Urasawa, Katsura, Inoue, or Nihei (and hell, even Iwaaki and his super-awesome story that the art can't compete with), and despite favoring Mato I can't find real qualities in her that I can really label god-class, but the crappytastic, "meh" animation in a show my online anime buddies and I label pseudo-anime (either that or "disgrace to all that is animated") coming close to even their ability to detail out and distinguish characters from one another through actual features not found on the games can teach you your folly should you even glimpse at as far as volume three.

The thing about the anime's art is that, even though the animation might not be god-level, it's consistent. Yamamoto has the effect habit of changing what a character's face looks like every other panel. I must admit I did like Mato's art, though. It was cute.

I'm sorry, but when you open your post with "I really, really dislike this" and list biased reasons such as these (the funniest of them complaining about game characters appearing in a game-based manga), you lose any points left to try and be taken seriously. Runner-up would be "better captures," quite the hypocritical post to make when after Ass's gone through 5 regions, one of which he traveled through twice, he hasn't caught a tenth of the known Pokemon up to this generation (even with his multiple starters and the fact that his show's been running for a teenager's lifespan), a feat which you're expected to achieve before even getting the National Pokedex on certain games. Also, Paul and Gary are the cheapest rivals yet, and the fact that they've even kept them from fighting in the finals of any league just shows how much Green has over them in any department. Also, wasn't being truthful to the games a good thing?

Quality =/= quantity. I'm referring to cases like Chimchar, where we had an entire arc devoted to that one Pokemon, whereas you have filler-chapter captures like Red's Snorlax in Adventures.

Green is horribly generic. At least Paul has a complex over trying to prove himself that makes him an asshole. Green had no reasoning to be such a jerk, other than Anime Rival Syndrome.

There's a difference between being truthful and being overly dependant. The anime takes elements from the games, and puts its own spin on them, and sure it maybe leaves a thing out or two, but Special seems to follow the plot exactly at times. It can never put its own take on things. You're basically reading the game, and what's the fun in that?

Seriously man, I mean no offense, but you make no sense. I don't even like, say, Super Effective, and can find no feasible reason as to why you'd be as harshly critical of it as you are, and yet prefer the anime of all things. If they even matured slightly through the hundreds upon hundreds of episodes they've wasted helping out CODs, you might have a bit more of a point, but as you are now, a certain person on the first page has much to teach you in the realm of criticism

Are you actually going to bring up characters maturing as a point...?
Ash matured from an arrogant dickbag into a pretty polite dude who can just get a little excitable, but is still a competent battler and strategist.
For less-promient stuff, Dawn learned in the course of her run that she has to be able to deal with losses in her life, Paul learned some humility, and Brock decided to change his life goal.

Am I coming across as that guy? I really don't wanna be that guy. I want people to know that I love this franchise, which is why I'm so opinionated about it.

Ash has won 2 leagues, thank you very much, and the same can clearly go for the manga.

Correction. He's won one tournament they've only let him win because it was entirely an anime-exclusive filler, and the other one viewers that haven't fapped over 400 times to one of the most stale long-running series of the past 4 decades can't even remember. Real big a feat, considering there's Let's Plays where people beat the Kanto or Hoenn league with all their party Pokemon more or less in the 40s.

Also, I probably couldn't name the number of people, protagonists and the like included, that are less fleshed-out than Ass's Butterfree, so I'll just leave it there.

There are plenty of Pokemon Manga that make up their own characters. For main series game adaptions, I give you Pokemon BW: Good Partners, and Pokemon Battle Frontier.
And here you go amok again assuming just because Special tends to rely mostly on its interpretations of major game characters, it hasn't seen one "original" character you won't despise. It's harder for a long-running monthly manga to go around introducing as many CODs as weekly series for the pace it's set itself on, and not only are there major protagonists that weren't found in the games, multiple friends and acquaintances of theirs, as well as parents, were all exclusive to this manga. Plus, better have major NPCs appear than to treat them like anime!Bill or the majority of the Kanto gym leaders, no? (I won't add Orange leaders as they were all nuisances to deal with while Game Freak developed Gold and Silver; even I won't knock them for that one.)

Oh boy, three characters! It's not like the anime hasn't made, I don't know, dozens of important original characters. Not to mention, Green was based off of concept art of a female player character during the RBG age.

1. If you'd done proper research and, I dunno, maybe learned to catch what context is used in the middle of this outrageous debate, hint being "rival," you'd know

a. I'm obviously referring to a protagonist's rival, not someone he ended up befriending

b. My point with original characters was already made before I started talking about rivals

2. It also doesn't help that most of them are even more worthless than Aqua and Magma Grunts as far as importance goes, and they end up filling the shit out of gaps created by the slow as hell pace the anime's set itself on.

3. How are useless CODs better material for "important" characters than Gym Leaders appearing to help out (and not just completely vanish into a realm beyond once their badge is taken), the Pokemon Storage System being improved and expanded upon by Bill, Celio, Lanette, and the like? And that isn't even to go halfway in how Special's managed to make something out of important NPCs that the anime dumped like a smelly meatball sub a larva was feeding off of.

Sure, people who have little more to defend their favorite 3rd grader's show with other than ratings on a children-under-7-heavy block or keep insisting that because new viewers (if there are any that would subject themselves to that) have no f-ing clue what's going on on the show, they're entitled to make rip-off personalities of the past female Ass's traveled with despite old and antiquated-as-hell plot devices and Pokemon disposed of already appear in every league and occasionally a gym battle.

Whereas Special fans give actual decent reasons to why they like certain aspects of the manga and have yet to go even as adamant to display their hatred with some of the worst points I've ever heard or known to be possible. Also, they make useless ships less, and as you've experienced, they actually have good arguments to back up the series they like with. Yeah, there's sure as hell a comparison.

Why do you think half the people who play the games blames the anime for others' distaste by seemingly limiting the fanbase to 5-year old children? Because we've long learned the 5-year olds can't let the Pokiman anime die even when 4Kids was canned. AND THERE WAS BITCHING.

What, and Special's characters aren't shallow? They're all generic cookie-cutters anyway; at least the anime had some guts to put out some OCs once in a while.

The anime... pulling OCs... in a decent and satisfying manner? Sir, you be talkin' nonsense!

The only OCs I even remember are Dawn and May's contest rivals, and they end up in the garbage can as soon as they've had 5 episodes to be on (excepting that ridiculous Super Festival or whatever). Ruby's mom has a personality more well-fleshed out than theirs, and he himself has gone through a lot since childhood. Coming no short is Sapphire, who decided she'd hurt the best friend she's ever had and decided to become stronger.

Blue and Silver were kidnapped and forced to become tools subject only to their new master's biddings, and they had plenty more to deal with once they developed enough of a bond to escape together. They also ended up being major help in many times of aid, including the defeat of the Mask of Ice.

Crystal's had a dream to become the world's best professional capturer and overcame her depression after her defeat at Suicune's hands and rose with confidence anew.

Diamond's usually a big dope and Pearl more or less treated him as a sidekick unconsciously, but he developed the will to fight even against Cyrus' overwhelming strength, and all three of the arc's protagonists developed a bond between themselves to dare hand their symbols of unity in the form of their Pokedexes for the greater good.

And... I could go on for a while, but the only real cookie-cutters are Red, Green, and Gold. And even then, there's plenty of personality quirks and lovable attributes that make them both more developed and more suitable role models than the anime could dare to venture. The ones I've labeled above being anywhere near enough cookie cutters to be lamented upon by a fanboy of the anime is disparaging.

Is Blue Oak a League Champion?
Only because about the only Pokemon manga where one simply fights the Elite Four to win is Zensho. Look at Diamond and Pearl Adventure, for one.

Is Ruby a Contest champion?
He won all the contests of Hoenn and obviously had some good performances in Johto. Close enough.

Are Diamond and Pearl famous comedians?

If it hadn't been 3 months since they started out and gave up that dream for now to defend Sinnoh, it would've been within their grasp. IF anything, the fact that they put that aside for now is character development. So, fails like most of the stuff you've been coming up with, I daresay.

The thing about the anime's art is that, even though the animation might not be god-level, it's consistent. Yamamoto has the effect habit of changing what a character's face looks like every other panel. I must admit I did like Mato's art, though. It was cute.
It doesn't happen nearly as much as you say. He's done other manga, one of which can be found (only in cover form, though) even on the Netkun website. It looks exactly the same panel for panel to me, and even the cover, as I said, looks just like his take on Special. You're overexaggerating.

Quality =/= quantity. I'm referring to cases like Chimchar, where we had an entire arc devoted to that one Pokemon, whereas you have filler-chapter captures like Red's Snorlax in Adventures.
Snorlax was caught near one of its game locations, and it was pulled off rather humorously. Red also obviously bonded with each and every one of his Pokemon, if Pika's willingness to be hit by a FireBlast for Red's master plan in the Indigo League to work, and the entire Yellow arc for which he has nightmares of his repressed memories of Red's defeat, is of any indication.

o_0

All I see Chimchar doing is being a useless bitch that lost 4 out of every 5 battle before they pulled a "Wait, Ass has room to spare, he's caught jackshit! Should we let him keep him, should we, should we?"

Green is horribly generic. At least Paul has a complex over trying to prove himself that makes him an asshole. Green had no reasoning to be such a jerk, other than Anime Rival Syndrome.
Green actually had a reason for his cockiness; he'd trained since early childhood with Chuck and had been gritting his teeth to prove himself as a great not for being Oak's grandson, but by attaining things no other trainer has. Of course when he returns to Pallet he'd look down upon a country hick like Red. But hey, they absorbed each other's wits and talents and finally squared off in the Pokemon League, that's something.

There's a difference between being truthful and being overly dependant. The anime takes elements from the games, and puts its own spin on them, and sure it maybe leaves a thing out or two, but Special seems to follow the plot exactly at times. It can never put its own take on things. You're basically reading the game, and what's the fun in that?
So the game!Red fought Giovanni in the ruins of Viridian Gym and squared off with Mewtwo before that? And where exactly was the Yellow arc in all of this in the games? You're being opinionated again. Even the GSC arc had is discrepancies with its counterpart games. Better that than Ass never coming across Giovanni save in a special or something and ending up completely ineffectual in the process. Was the super-exciting Silph Co. battle ever featured in the show? Your argument can easily backfire there, boyo.

Ash matured from an arrogant dickbag into a pretty polite dude who can just get a little excitable, but is still a competent battler and strategist.
For less-promient stuff, Dawn learned in the course of her run that she has to be able to deal with losses in her life, Paul learned some humility, and Brock decided to change his life goal.
Red entered the series as an overconfident kid who thought because he knew no defeat in Pallet, nobody ever could. He's even lost his share of battles himself, and learned much more in 3 volumes than Ass has in 3 series. Also, you ever see him being reset and rehashed every "New Beginning" and ending up no farther than he was last? That's progress. He's even had a severe depression and being left for the dead in a cage of ice to deal with. Ass's exploits, by comparison, is kitty fluffy paradise.

Am I coming across as that guy? I really don't wanna be that guy. I want people to know that I love this franchise, which is why I'm so opinionated about it.
Love for one aspect of a franchise is no reason to go around posting fallacious criticisms nobody's taken seriously in the last thread. People will like what they like, so while I may ridicule the show's immature fanbase for fun, I certainly don't resort to the same in an argument I start.

What Leagues? The Orange League? The Orange League isn't even close to the level of the real pros of the sport in the anime. I don't really take that victory of his seriously.

Now the Battle Frontier, that is closer to the level of what comes after winning a regional league tournament.

And they've lasted how long? Why bother creating complete OC's where there's material that can be worked with and imrpoved upon? I play the games, I see events through the eyes of Hilbert, Lucas, Lyra. Not through the eyes of a random made up Joe.

I see it through their eyes, but with my feelings. I want to see how they feel.
If this wasn't the case, why hasn't Game Freak bothered implementing a customization option for the player?

Making up characters isn't the problem. It's making a story based on the games entirely of original characters. Why do that and leave the canon ones unexplored?

And Blue being based on Leaf's original concept is wrong how? I see that as a good thing. You're making the best out of something and paying homage to the original.

I somewhat agree.

Yeah, they just make those characters evil.
They tend to make everything evil..

I somewhat agree.

Is Blue Oak a League Champion? Is Ruby a Contest champion? Are Diamond and Pearl famous comedians?
Is Ash a Pokemon Master?
Atleast this characters grow and develope. Ash is stuck in limbo.

Consistent? Look at the first few episodes of Best Wishes and compare them to now. Ash and Giovanni are two good examples of inconsitency.
I tend not to complain about the type of "inconsitence" you see in Yamamoto's art. Being an artist myself I understand his job is a rather daunting one. So I hate to see people complain without giving that a thought.

Quality =/= quantity.
The anime is all quantity>quality. Why is it so horrible in handling it's characters? Why can't they come up with a valid reason to explain Ash no progressing?

I'm referring to cases like Chimchar, where we had an entire arc devoted to that one Pokemon, whereas you have filler-chapter captures like Red's Snorlax in Adventures.
Rare cases.
Also take into account the time this two stories where written. Hideroni wrote this in the early days of Special. Chimchar's arc came forth a decade later,.

Didn't Green have a rather tough up upbringing? I'd probly be a jerk too if I had a tough childhood and was only 11.
But I agree on Paul. Best rival the anime ever delivered. Actually well thought out and developed.

That is why I love the anime. It opens so many possibilities. But instead of taking advantage of this, they settle for mediocre or not expanding upon what they have at all.
Team Rocket in Unova comes to mind. They already had a solid set of characters to choose from, Domino, Tyson, Bashou, Buson, Proffersor Sebastian. All to keep continuity within the series. They could even bring in the Executives from HGSS.
Now throw in the idea of Team Plasma.
Wow..epic material to work with. They had the building blocks for an amazing story arc.
Where the hell has all that gone?
Let's forget about that! Let's continue with Satoshi-tachi helping COTD with their problem!

And Ash's growth was flushed down the toilet come Best Wishes. Brock spent over 400 episodes wishing to become a breeder, and nearing his final 20 suddenly decides to change goals, and we'll most likely never see him again.
I'm not saying the anime can't handle good character development, on the contrary. But they prefer quantity over quality and won't hesitate to ruin a character in order to attain that.
While in Special, despite some characters not really being deep, the people working with them actually seem to care about them.

Look, something else we can agree with.

Yeah, when I thought that Spidey kid was back again, I literally yelled, "Damn!". Guess it's either we drop it now or get infracted later.

Anyways, my opinions on Special have been long well-expounded upon in my past posts, so I'll just let this thread get back to business. :3

You know, on Serebii, I posted this same thread there but more people liked it than the people disliking it. Here, it's the opposite. Weird. Guess it's the difference in communities.

Back
Top Bottom