• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Owned in the most ridiculous way!

Blodsho

PKMN Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't seen a topic for this yet, so I thought it'd be fun to start this up. This is a thread for posting your own hilarious losses. Many of us has had at least one, right?

So. My story: I was playing through Round 1 Gym Leader Castle in Stadium 2 just a while ago. I was in Cianwood Gym and up against Black Belt Nick.

If you've played Stadium 2, you may recall that this guy likes the One-Hit-KO moves.

I picked my pokèmon and looked at his team, thinking: "It would be funny if...."

The Battle Starts.

I send out Fearow.

His first move? Horn Drill, of course.

Delivered by Seaking.*

It connected.

The rest of the battle went downhill from there.

He swept me.

HE. SWEPT. ME.

WITH SEAKING'S HORN DRILL!!!

Despite losing, I almost died laughing.

*Don't get it? Know your memes.

Anyways, have you got any stories of being horribly owned? Willing to admit it? Do share!

Dosent Horn Drill have like 30% accuracy? wow.

Well when I played silver again just recently, I was up against that Dragon Gym leader (the really hard one) and she had just a Dratini left. I only had my Poliwhirl on 3 Hp or something and my HM whore Delibird. i use Body Slam on my Poliwirl and get the paralysis, leaving the Dratini with around 10 HP. poliwhirl faints the next turn and I was thinking 'oh, sweet Delibird Sweep Fo Sho!'. ow Wrong I was.

Delibird uses present and HEALS the Dratini. It actually HEALED it. I laughed so hard. Obviously the Dratini swept the floor with my Delibird

when i was first playing Diamond, i somehow lost to the trainer with the six magikarps...

Dosent Horn Drill have like 30% accuracy? wow.

Yeah, no kidding. But it was awesome, so I didn't mind.

Well when I played silver again just recently, I was up against that Dragon Gym leader (the really hard one) and she had just a Dratini left.

Clair? I hated her as a kid. Also, I think you mean Dragonair rather than Dratini.

I only had my Poliwhirl on 3 Hp or something and my HM whore Delibird. i use Body Slam on my Poliwirl and get the paralysis, leaving the Dratini with around 10 HP. poliwhirl faints the next turn and I was thinking 'oh, sweet Delibird Sweep Fo Sho!'. ow Wrong I was.

Delibird uses present and HEALS the Dratini. It actually HEALED it. I laughed so hard. Obviously the Dratini swept the floor with my Delibird

Aw, poor Delibird. He was only trying to help. The enemy.

when i was first playing Diamond, i somehow lost to the trainer with the six magikarps...

Wait, what? They knew Tackle? o_O

I was battling my brother once and he used Sheer cold a took out two of my pokes with it. I was like WTF

i was trying to beat a guy's articuno on wifi once.I used about 2-3 double team's on him and he got a sheer cold to hit.He could have been using a wide lense but god, wtf?

I was swept by a Acupressure Shuckle. it boosted its defenses first, and i couldnt roar it out because it was the last pokemon. it boosted EVERY stat +6

Battle Revolution pissed me off so hard once. XD; This Vaporeon used ONE Double Team.
For the entire rest of the battle, NOTHING WOULD HIT IT.
Of course, when MY Dusknoir used Double Team 3 times, nothing ever missed it. >__>;

I was swept by one lucky sonuvabitch Vaporeon.

On battle 85 of the 100 battle thingy. ;__;

- Tyros

That annoying Crawdaunt in the Battle Tower has beaten me several times. The worst was probably when Quick Claw activated 3 times in a row. Each time, it used Guillotine, and... it hit all 3 times! I lost without even getting to attack.

That annoying Crawdaunt in the Battle Tower has beaten me several times. The worst was probably when Quick Claw activated 3 times in a row. Each time, it used Guillotine, and... it hit all 3 times! I lost without even getting to attack.

Funny, the same thing happened to me a while back. I think I have a video of it on my YouTube, but I'm too lazy to check. :p

In Diamond I got swept by Maylene and her Lucario, THREE times in a row. The hax gods were just laughing at me that day :sweat:

I had 4 of my team swept by Diryn's Bibarel. It's not that ridiculous since it's what it was built to do, but a fucking Bibarel? Come on.

Here's another of mine.

I was raising up some of my weaker pokèmon (in Pearl) on the route just below Floraroma but after that cave (too lazy to check for the names). Anyway, I used the vs seeker and challenged the Bug Catcher there. I sent out my Ralts (at the time level 12).

Apparantly I had forgotten that I had already rematched this guy once or twice before, and so he sent out a level 40-ish Kricketune. You can imagine my reaction.
:[

Anyway, due to some mad luck hax and potion-usage, I still managed to beat the guy with my last remaining pokèmon. My level 23 Umbreon. He got some a couple of levels out of it, though.

I know he was the one getting owned in that one, but it still could have turned out bad for me.

I was once going around with a party full of eggs and a level 100 Gardevoir, when I ran into a trainer I hadn't fought before. He sent out a level 20-something Stunky. I had only Psychic moves on the Gardevoir. Now, you'd think I could've just waited to Struggle, but the Stunky knew Toxic.

Grrr.

I will be honest and say I got taken out by a wild psyduck once. All six of my guys I was training, and they lost to a psyduck.

Got owned by the hearthome gym, my pokemon only knew moves that are immune to ghost types. And i kept trying wondering what went wrong.

Can't name a particular time, but a lot of times I let the Elite Four beat me as a training method. It actually works pretty well when it comes to leveling up.

In Emerald when I challenged the battle tent in Slateport, my opponent had Kirlia and I had a Cacnea out, and it was my only pokemon that could attack Kirlia, so I used ingrain, then it used confusion, but then after that it kept using double team, calm mind, and growl, so my poison sting did little damage or missed, then it just swept my Cacnea in one hit.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom