• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diego's blog

Reaction score
(UPDATE JAN 2, 2023: I changed my username again, and I also use the pseudonym "Diego" instead of "Ozoboro" now. I changed the thread title accordingly.)

Bulbagarden was a home to me when I was in middle school. I miss it sometimes, it was such an active time for me. Nowadays, I'm pretty isolated, so I'm just trying things I used to do when I was younger to mend that, so this place seems as good as any to dump energy into.

I've thought a lot about starting a blog, actually. I have tried a few, but I end up thinking they are stupid and delete them. The only one that has survived is my art blog (which I DON'T hand out like candy haha). I want to use a blog to express myself, particularly in how I engage with media. I always enjoyed rhetoric, and was even taking some communications classes when I dropped out. I therefore find all sorts of stuff completely fascinating.

Well, please give me a moment to reorient myself with the user interface of the forum, but I hope to share more soon! Cause believe me, there's quite a bit :whistle:

Also, I changed my user again, but you can just call me Diego, too.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me so far!

Lately, I've been wanting to expand my video game hobby(s) and start collecting physical memorabilia, particularly consoles and cartridges (since Nintendo didn't really do discs back in the day, lol). I am in a weird spot financially, where I need to be prepared to replace my car but also have enough that it isn't urgent. I am probably being reckless with my money lately anyways; I've bought a lot of Yugioh cards recently, including two copies of the newly released structure deck (cause its cards are THAT good!).

I like to think I'm anything but materialistic; I wouldn't really care too much of all my "stuff" just disappeared, like in a fire or something. I am spiritually prepared to lose it all. At the same time though, I find a lot of comfort in nostalgia-- like anyone else, I suppose. Video games, in addition to the rest of the media that influenced me growing up, all made me who I am. I at least want those Nintendo products that I had when I was younger, like a Gameboy Advance SP, especially, cause it can play GB, GBC, and GBA games. A purple see-through GameBoy Color would match the one I had as a kid. I already have a Pokemon Gold cartridge, too, just need to replace the internal battery. I also used to own an NES, and I also want a SNES and N64 just because I played them a ton at cousins' places and stuff. I have several Wii systems, several are the first models that can play Gamecube games, so I think I can skip that one.

Do you consider the Gamecube retro?

Anyways, here's some games I've been working on beating/reaplying:

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Deluxe
  • Digimon Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory
  • Paper Mario
  • Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist
  • Pokemon Blue
  • Pokemon Legends Arceus (5 pokemon missing)
  • Pokemon Platinum post story
  • The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
  • Star Tropics (got stuck in the graveyard area)

On the Backburner:
  • Earthbound (two cities in)
  • Pokemon Black (gonna start it up new soon, really miss Unova)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (lent to my niece)
  • Naruto Ninja Storm 2 (recently finished watching Shippuden)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 (didn't even play the first, maybe I should do that first)
  • Bravely Default (auf deutsch)

With this long list, one would think I either have no life or no time to check everything off. I only work weekends, part-time technically, so I can enjoy a lot of free time (and I can usually even play video games on the clock). Anyways, I am headed to bed and probably won't be back until at least Monday cause of work.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

- ozoboro

P.S.

Several years ago, I guess about a decade now around 2010 or so, there was a website I used to find other nintendo people to play online with. It was mostly Pokemon fans, but still, there was a hub for almost every online DS and Wii game. The website was simply called "friendcodes.com". Then, years ago, they switched to "nintendoplus". I can't seem to find it anymore, it would be cool to be on there again, whatever its successor is.

Well, here I am again, about 8 months later, lol

I grew my collection of both video games and trading cards substantially in 2022. It might even be a little too much. Part of me wants to get rid of most of it, which would be at a profit because I was able to find so many incredible deals. I don't necessarily need the money, but I sometimes feel like I am drowning in material possessions. That also might just be because I am living in my old bedroom at my parents again, though. Now there is an adult amount of objects stuffed in here with me.

I had a fallout with some "friends" in 2022. Truth be told, I was trying to distance myself from them as much as I could for a few years now. It is unfortunate that my inability to communicate under the circumstances ended up hurting a specific one of those "friends", but I am glad the opportunity to completely let each other go finally came. That "friend" was very toxic, and in terms of social psychology, there is some truth to the notion that one adopts the habits of those with which one associates. I absolutely hated it. I've always relied on self-discipline to get me through life, and these folks had no self-control whatsoever. Still, that's not to say I am ungrateful for some of the time we did spend together. As much as I wish I didn't need a social life, it is nice from time to time to get out of my head. And after all, it is because of this friend that I became willing to carry so much of my video game history with me into my future.

In 2022, I obtained one of every mainstream Nintendo systems. I managed to penetrate the Denver retro gaming subculture and found lots of great deals. I got so many iconic games from every system, but I think my favorite are on the Nintendo 64. I got Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, I got the Transfer Paks, and I even found my copies of Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold! I can't believe the save batteries lasted so long, but I did finally replace them myself. In fact, I took the opportunity to equip myself with a nice, comprehensive set of tools for electronic repair, including an iFixIt set of screwdrivers and my first soldering iron. Anyways, those Pokemon Stadium games have a storage and trade feature. With two Transfer Paks, that means that for the first time in my life, I can get my hands on several of the version exclusives like the Kanto legendries and even link cable evolutions like Gengar in my favorite game of all time-- Pokemon Gold!

I didn't finish all the games I mentioned I was playing in my previous post. The closest is probably the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. My WiiU hard drive actually ended up failing, so I had to restart the game after obtaining a Nintendo Wii copy. It was a lot easier going through the second time. Now I am getting ready to finish, having collected all the mirror pieces, but I haven't found the time to take care of business. Truth be told, Pokemon Violet has taken most of my attention. Since my winter break began, I have logged about 90 hours of gameplay on that game! Plus, I started Ace Attorney Chronicles as well, and I insist on completing full sections of its stories each time I play, which usually take me about 3 hours at the least. I made a bit of progress in Bravely Default (auf Deutsch) as well, but the level grinding can be tedious. Maybe I should just cave and reduce the difficulty.

Oh, I don't think I completely clarified, but I actually went back to school to finish my undergrad. As I distanced myself further from those "friends" I mentioned, I took the opportunity to make other big changes in my life. Well, there was that and the extremely helpful financial aid incentive as motivation. I had quit my job as a security officer as I saw the company was going under, so the financial aid helped a lot. In fact, midway through the semester, I was notified that I would be receiving an additional grant. I've never really stressed too much about money since becoming an adult. I leave it to God and then really convenient things like this end up happening! Still crossing my fingers for that student loan relief program to pass the supreme court... Honestly, I am not too hopeful about it, but at least it is a sign that pushes for relief are gaining momentum. Frankly, I had no plan or intention of paying those loans back. I just planned on making the minimum payments required so I could at least enjoy life until I died, but we'll see now. The financial aid office also let me know I might have additional repayment options due to my disability.

Speaking of boring adult finances, I had to replace my car. A snowstorm shortly after my last blog post left the roads slick, and I slid off the interstate at six in the morning. There was nobody else involved, thankfully. I had just enough control of the vehicle to have some choice in WHERE I was going to hit, and I managed to narrowly avoid some metal stakes, so I was okay. Still, I decided to take that as a cue to finally replace my old boy, and now I am financing a much better car. I qualified because I submitted all the application stuff right before I quite my job, haha.

Yeah, so that's what I've got going on. I'm gonna keep giving 100% in 2023 as I always have. I want to work on my writing, I want to get a part time job as a research assistant or in humanitarian work, and I want to make new friends.

So let's goooooooo \('o')/ Happy New Year, Bulbagarden, and I hope y'all are enjoying the opening of Generation 9!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom