• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

P1 Grand Prix Fighting Tournament

TeamRocketDude

Reaction score
In the article for the P1 Grand Prix fighting tournament where Ash wins with his Primeape, the article says that the tournament takes place in Celadon City. The episode itself doesn't specify, but Ash seemed to have left Celadon after beating Erica, so if it is indeed Celadon, he must have doubled back. In liu of any other evidence, I'd think it would make more sense that the fighting tournament was somewhere on Route 16.

Pokemon.com states that the episode takes place on the outskirts of Fuschia, but that doesn't quite make sense either, as it is quite a few episodes of travelling before Ash challenges Koga.

The bulbapedia article states that Pokemon.com is incorrect, and the article has a poster with Hitmonlee throwing a kick. This poster is very interesting. It states that the Tournament is sponsored by Silph Co and does take place in Celadon. What is the origin of this poster? I can't find it anywhere else. A reverse image search only leads back to Bulbapedia. Supposedly it is from the Japanese Game Freak site in 2014, but I can't find any supporting evidence of this?

I'd love to know if this Hitmonlee poster is official Game Freak info, because for all I know it could be fan made?