• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pakistani jet crashes killing all 127 on board

Nicoleta01

Reaction score
A Pakistani airliner crashed just short of landing in Islamabad on Friday, killing all 127 people aboard, the country's Civil Aviation Authority told NBC on Friday.

The Boeing 737 operated by Bhoja Air was flying in from Karachi, the country’s biggest city and business hub, in heavy rain when it broke up, scattering wreckage and bodies across courtyards and roofs of a residential area near the airport, witnesses and authorities said.

"There were 122 passengers and five crew members," said Pervez George, a spokesman for government agency.

Bhoja Air had been closed down a decade ago after running into financial difficulties and being unable to make payments to civilian Pakistani aviation authorities. It resumed flying March 6, but Friday’s flight from Karachi to Islamabad was the first on that route since then.

The flight data recorder has been located, NBC’s Fakhar Rehman reported from Islamabad, and the so-called or "black box" was expected to reveal why the plane went down. But the apparent cause was that pilots were flying low under heavy clouds and hit high-tension wires as they approached Benazir Bhutto International Airport, he said.

Source

While this is a tragedy, I am glad that no one on the ground was killed. I hope the families related to those who died are able to find solace.

That's terrible, it's great that they didn't blame us Westerners.
While the west's diplomatic relations with Pakistan have regrettably suffered in the recent past, they're not crazy like Iran or Syria. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but we do have a common enemy in terrorist groups, and I really doubt they would ever jump the shark and accuse us of bringing down a passenger jet unless we officially started funding terrorist groups in the region.

What would the west gain out of taking down a passenger jet anyways? And what would the Pakistani government gain by falsely accusing the west?

Simply put, I don't see where this comment came from, and I'm hoping to answer it concisely to avoid a heated argument about the merits of West vs Middle East diplomacy. It's a topic that'll just turn ugly.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom