• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Paldea Integration Speculation

Reaction score
I might be jumping the gun a bit but I'm curious to hear what others are looking forward to when Scarlet and Violet characters get to interact with characters from other regions. With all the issues the games have their cast is incredibly strong imo and I'm particularly curious to see how they'll adjust to the change in art style (though it's not too noticeable apart from the player characters for me).

I’m excited to hear the characters’ voices as that was something we definitely needed to see in the main game.

As you sort of mentioned, the characters have so much potential in this game. I’m also excited to see how they’ll interact with past characters.

The player characters will be interesting to see how they deal with it as the two don’t really have many totally obvious differences in clothing or design like past protags

I'm going to guess Rika will interact with Lyra since they both have a Kansai dialect in the Japanese version.

I think it would be interesting if Arven from Violet met his mother from the Scarlet universe. Maybe they could even use Sada to include the Hisuian forms if they don't want to add PLA characters. Masters is all about trying to redeem the villians, perhaps Sada can use her professor skills for good this time and actually bring back some Pokémon that are extinct for real. I like to imagine this event involves Dawn and Cynthia as a reference to the Amazon anime specials.

Maybe some cute interactions with Wally and Penny? Wally always seemed like he might have been bullied in the past (his body language is kind of submissive).

If the professors are involved there are three possible outcomes and Arven isn't going to like any of them.
Either they're both from the timeline where they're the one who walked out when Arven was a baby, one of them is from that timeline and the other should be dead but somehow isn't, or they both should be dead but somehow aren't
And either way, Arven is going to be having a crisis in the corner. And then you can make a team with all three of them and force them to at least pretend to be a happy family.

Sorry for necroposting, but…
If the professors are involved there are three possible outcomes and Arven isn't going to like any of them.
Either they're both from the timeline where they're the one who walked out when Arven was a baby, one of them is from that timeline and the other should be dead but somehow isn't, or they both should be dead but somehow aren't
And either way, Arven is going to be having a crisis in the corner. And then you can make a team with all three of them and force them to at least pretend to be a happy family.
They most likely gonna do the same thing they did with the SM twins and have both be in the game

Also, what sync pairs would everyone have? For Sada and Turo, already set:
  • Sada: Koraidon
  • Turo: Miraidon
  • One of Nemona’s sync pairs: Pawmi
As for the others, I probably pair them up with the Paldea exclusive Pokémon that don’t Tera but can Tera
  • Iono with Bellibolt
  • Brassius with Smoliv
  • Katy with Nymble or Tarountula
  • Grusha with Cetitan
  • Kofu with Veluza or Wugtrio
  • Larry with Dudunsparce (Normal sync) and Flamigo (Flying sync; the biggest bird)
  • Ryme with Houndstone
  • Tulip with Espathra
Penny can sync with whatever Eeveelution she has in the game, no clue about the protags or Arven lol

As for interactions, I can see Wally and Penny get along (possibly generating a new ship) and Rika and Lyra also getting along
Meanwhile, I can also see Iono and Elesa get along well as they’re famous Electric girls (Iono a streamer/influencer and Elesa a model), and maybe the same for Valerie, Elesa, Nessa and Tulip, and Tulip and Bede

Arven has to have Mabostiff that dog is his reason for being.
Yes of course lol
And by "both professors" do you mean THEM or their "assistants"?
I mean THEM (also, what “assistants”?)
I’ve played through a lot of SV but I have heard nothing about these “assistants” or smthn lol
Edit: Oh, you mean the protags, right?

Also, since the SwSh people had British accents (due to being from Galar) in Masters, who thinks the SV ones will have Spanish accents (Paldea’s based off Spain) (except Penny since she’s from Galar)? Sorry if this comes off as racist.

Yes of course lol

I mean THEM (also, what “assistants”?)
I’ve played through a lot of SV but I have heard nothing about these “assistants” or smthn lol
Edit: Oh, you mean the protags, right?
Ohhhhh dear in order to tell you about the assistants I have to spoil the game for you but
the AIs made in their image

Yeah was kinda hoping you knew that already...but standard operating procedure for spoilers is six months, after all.
I haven’t played since after I got my fourth Gym badge (Larry) and made it to a town where I had bought a bunch of Sandwich things and failed to make a perfect sandwich lol
What sync pairs would the protags have, and which one would be more relevant? (Like how Selene was more relevant to SM, Dawn was more relevant to DP, and May was more relevant to ORAS)

About the protags I have no idea who's more "relevant" considering that's not anything that really comes from the core games themselves.
The reason I said relevant was because lack of a better term. I guess what I mean to say is which would do the main story and be the true protag?
(If this doesn’t make much sense, I apologize)
For example, Dawn being the true protag of DP according to Pokémas since she has Turtwig and Barry has Piplup.
Edit: Oh wait, that’s right. If she has Turtwig and is the true protag, Barry would’ve had a Chimchar. So Lucas is the true protag.
I guess a better example would be Gloria, who starts with a Sobble, and Hop has Scorbunny, making her the true protag of SwSh according to Pokémas-

Eh? The starter they pick doesn't influence if they're the protag or not. And again, who Masters picks as the protag doesn't really come from the original game.
My bad- I misunderstand stuff too much lol.
What sync pairs would the protags have?
For my take, I would probably pair Juliana with Sprigatito since that seems to suit her the most and Florian with Fuecoco for the same reason
Then again, idk

Team Star sync pairs (poor Team Star, they got bullied…)
  • Giacomo: Kingambit (as Mabostiff is taken by Arven)
  • Mela: Armarouge Coalossal (some taken by other Fire Trainers and as Armarouge is possibly taken by Sada)
  • Atticus: Revavroom
  • Ortega: Dachsbun
  • Eri: Annihilape
Extra: Teachers and Elite Four
  • Clavell: Whatever (ex. if Florian or Juliana gets Sprigatito, Clavell gets Fuecoco)
  • Jacq: Farigiraf
  • Tyme: Garganacl
  • Raifort: Gengar
  • Dendra: Tauros (Blaze/Aqua)
  • Hassel: Baxcalibur
  • Salvatore: Honchkrow
  • Miriam: Toxapex
  • Larry: Flamigo (I just said)
  • Rika: Clodsire
  • Poppy: Copperajah
  • Geeta: Glimmora

Last edited:
Also, since the SwSh people had British accents (due to being from Galar) in Masters, who thinks the SV ones will have Spanish accents (Paldea’s based off Spain) (except Penny since she’s from Galar)? Sorry if this comes off as racist.
I don’t think they’ll have the accents. I think that’s because for one, Kalos characters don’t have accents in the game. For two, fans weren’t largely depicting Paldea characters with Spanish accents. For three, I don’t think people in Spain speak in Spanish accents and the French and Japanese don’t mostly speak in English with their respective accents. (I apologize if any of this information happens to be incorrect as I have not visited any of these countries.)

I don’t think they’ll have the accents. I think that’s because for one, Kalos characters don’t have accents in the game. For two, fans weren’t largely depicting Paldea characters with Spanish accents. For three, I don’t think people in Spain speak in Spanish accents and the French and Japanese don’t mostly speak in English with their respective accents. (I apologize if any of this information happens to be incorrect as I have not visited any of these countries.)
That’s okay. I just thought they would have the accents because the Galarian characters have accents (like Gloria and Bea). Also, don’t forget Viola who has a French one (I don’t really see her have a French accent normally, likely due to how I’ve watched the anime).

I forgot to mention: Fantina has Mismagius so I guess that main sync pair for Iono is Bellibolt (I guess she can have a Mismagius and Wattrel as an extra, forgot what her last Pokémon is)
Meanwhile:
  • Instead of Nymble/Tarountala (who can be extra sync pairs), Katy and Teddiursa for the main sync pair
  • Instead of Smoliv, Brassius can be main sync pairs with Sudowoodu
  • Don’t know about the others

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom