• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paldean Wooper Appreciation Thread

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
AKA Pooper

pokemon-paldean_wooper-2x.png

It's the first ground/poison type we've had since Nidoking and Nidoqueen. It retains all of of the charms of the original Wooper with cuter gills. It's perfect.

Give Pooper your words of affirmation below.

It's the first ground/poison type we've had since Nidoking and Nidoqueen. It retains all of of the charms of the original Wooper with cuter gills. It's perfect.

Give Pooper your words of affirmation below.

I'm getting a skeleton vibe from the design. The gills kind of look like bones and the mark on its chest kind of looks like a spine.

I wonder if we'll end up with some kind of Quagsire skeleton-like mon as it's evolution?

• Staff
I'm getting a skeleton vibe from the design. The gills kind of look like bones and the mark on its chest kind of looks like a spine.

I wonder if we'll end up with some kind of Quagsire skeleton-like mon as it's evolution?
Could be interesting for sure! Bones are historically associated with the ground type in Pokémon, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

Okay so....I just realized something...Paldeian Wooper retroactively explains Koffing and Weezing's oddly shaped markings.

It's definitely not intentional...but the skull and crossbones motif and Wooper's mouth does look like it if you just move the crossbones down.

Screenshot_20220803-075008_Chrome.png

I barely registered its appearance in the trailer because it was on-screen so briefly, but its gills look like crossbones, and that's amazing. Also, I wonder if it's based on those PokéDex entries that say Wooper is covered in a poisonous film?

I'm glad it's still happy as can be in this form too. Though I expect Paldean Quagsire to look more different compared to its regular form.

So are there going to be regional variants for every region now? That's four regions with variants in a row, and one of them was Ancient Sinnoh despite the Sinnoh remakes not having variants.

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I don't care what anyone else says, Pwooper is my new favorite thing and I need three of them pronto.

Also super interested to see what it will look like when it evolves. I think it could be cool if it went the Obstagoon route and had another evolution after Quagsire.

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I don't care what anyone else says, Pwooper is my new favorite thing and I need three of them pronto.

Also super interested to see what it will look like when it evolves. I think it could be cool if it went the Obstagoon route and had another evolution after Quagsire.
Oh I'd love that. Quagsire is great, but it's always been a bit on the underwhelming side in battle so an evolution would be great.

So, when I was playing Diamond as a kid, one of my team members was a Wooper, later a Quagsire, who was quite creatively named Woopy. The Wooper line is definitely one of my favorites, and the Paldean version will probably end up on my team in SV. In light of the nickname Paldean Wooper has earned, and in honor of my Diamond companion, there’s only one name that I could possibly give this little guy.

Poopy.

Okay so....I just realized something...Paldeian Wooper retroactively explains Koffing and Weezing's oddly shaped markings.

It's definitely not intentional...but the skull and crossbones motif and Wooper's mouth does look like it if you just move the crossbones down.

Another fun fact: if we look very deeply, P-Wooper’s typing has been “foreshadowed” since the very first GS games!

Look at the Dex entries of regular Wooper:

4928A375-46A5-43F6-A75D-3A0C50552378.jpeg

Regular Wooper coat themselves in a toxic and poisonous film. It seems that the Paldean version took a step further.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom