• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paldean Wooper Appreciation Thread

Another fun fact: if we look very deeply, P-Wooper’s typing has been “foreshadowed” since the very first GS games!

Look at the Dex entries of regular Wooper:

View attachment 162442

Regular Wooper coat themselves in a toxic and poisonous film. It seems that the Paldean version took a step further.
I'm starting to wonder if they didn't just invision Wooper to be water/poison instead of water/ground from the start. Considering proto-Wooper wasn't fully implemented in the 1999 demo and it still had Madame's typing and back sprite.

Now that I've had time to absorb this... Oh dear. The pre-evolved form of a Pokémon I once greatly disliked for being an obnoxious shit in battles has gotten a regional variant. Here's hoping this Paldean Quagsire or whatever doesn't repeat the cycle by actively pissing me off too...

I love this precious little baby. I love him so. I hope they make a plushie and I can find one.

I will however never call it that absurd nickname people have given it. Poor thing.
I agree. We gotta come up with an alternative nickname.

Looking forward to using one on my team though - he’s the closest I have to a lock so far - and pairing it with a Water type that can heal it with Surf.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom