• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palkia or Dialga?

I personally prefer Palkia. Easier and more destructive to use than Dialga from the battling standpoint, aesthetically, it deserves more admiration and certainly looked a lot cooler in movie 10.

Space > time

Probably Dialga. The most people I met so far have bought Diamond and not Pearl so...

I prefer Palkia because I think he looks like a pink Mecha Godzilla! Apparently, Scott at VGCATS thought the same too! Hehe.

I'm split by this; on the one hand I prefer Palkia's aesthetics (minus the colour, which dialga wins) but conversly I prefer Dialga's powers (with regards to general power over time as opposed to ingame moves).

Hell, I can be Dull!

I prefer Palkia, which is why I got Pearl. It just looks cooler than Diagla, and I love it's PMD2 sprite.

Dialgas i Ko on revo by using super fang from my 'S' pachirisu then Palkia's Spacial rend. Always works...as long as opponens aren't Darkrai's xD
Dialga i like more but Palkia i use more cause he's awesome :p, Spacial rend not having to recharge is a bonus aswell even if weaker

I'd say Dialga, only for the typing, and the fact that I'm currently training him. I love Flamethrower :D It kills everything *BWHAHAHAHAH!*

I like Dialga`s design more. And after I played the Prince of Persia games I tend to like more creatures related to time. I also like Dialga`s gemstone and he`s bone-like wings. And blue is one of my favourite colours.

Reasons Dialga is better:
  • A completely unique type combination (Steel/Dragon)
  • Primal Dialga (this thing is simply bad ass)
  • The ability to manipulate time, which I think is better than the space manipulation.
  • Dialga has an astounding eleven resistances and one immunity, making it one of the most resistant Pokémon in existence.
  • Diamonds are forever and worth quite a bit more than pearls.
  • Since Dialga has been confirmed to be in the 12th movie, Dialga is the first legendary Pokémon to have 3 major roles in the movies. Dialga also has the most major movie appearances of any Pokémon besides Pikachu and Meowth.
  • I prefer the looks of Dialga over those of Palkia.

Rooler

Arceus. Arceus pwns.

Yes I know. Arceus wasn't a choice. But Arceus pwns.

For a real choice, I say Dialga

Last edited:
Palkia, as it has a better cry, Water is my favourite type, and its signature move is actually useful, unlike Dialga's Roar of Time, which is just a Dragon-type Hyper Beam.

Why are all these threads from like 2008 getting necro'd?

But I always preferred the fish-dragon Palkia over the dinosaur of time. And its cry oddly feels right.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom