• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

@PalletshippingMaster ; Yes, you're free to post your amvs here!

Awesome! Thank you so much!

And I tried my best to be an adamant PalletShipper during April Fools' day '11 on Bulba, when we pretended everything was back in '97 (before Pokemon aired in the states). It was fun learning about the grassroots of Palletshipping :p I just have a penchant for rival shippings in general...even though I'm more of a Comashipper to be honest, but I can see the appeal in Pallet.

Haha, hey that is great! :D Nothing compares to the uniqueness and individuality of Palletshipping...it's simply the best, hands down. I truly cannot stand Paul...he is an arrogant jerk on purpose while Gary only playfully being a jerk to get his Ashy boy's attention ;)

I think that they had a good friendship together and it must have hurt a bit when Ash antagonized Gary as his journey began. I often wonder if Gary really wanted to be his rival or it was kinda forced upon through expectations from having such a successful grandfather. In my headcanon, Ash was always really excited to begin his pokemon journey and talked about battling all the time and Gary kinda just went along so that he would still have something in common with him. As their journeys went along, Gary realized that he wasn't battling for himself anymore...he was doing it just for Ash. I guess that scared him, so he went on his own path, to being a Pokemon researcher.

It really did upset Ash because they used to be so close as children. Not only was Ash upset, but angry as well. To be honest, this is my opinion as to why this rivalry was formed...Ash and Gary were very, very close friends as children. They saw eachother every day and were inseperable. They shared secrets, played outside, had sleepovers, played make-believe that they were Pokemon trainers, watched movies, etc...until one day, Gary began to develop feelings for Ash that he had never experienced before. They were warm and pleasant, but they were confusing to him being the age he was and this scared him. So the only solution he could think of at the time was to push Ash out of his life and form a rivalry to provoke him, knowing Ash would follow him, trying to mend was had been broken long ago...this way Gary could hide his true feelings behind the rivalry, but he would still get to see and talk to Ash..just on a different level. It's a bittersweet dilemma if you will.

Over the course of the seasons, we begin to see his cold, arrogant, egotistical shell begin to fall apart...revealing the boy Ash remembered growing up with. This happens due to Ash melting Gary's cold exterior away, pulling Gary back in and Gary could have stopped himself and resisted but apparently he just cannot fight it anymore. So they become friends again, putting their silly rivalry behind them.

Now, I think that Gary is just biding his time, waiting for the right moment to admit his true feelings to Ash...and unbeknownst to Gary, Ash feels the same way for him...he just hides it because he is insecure about that and also because he isn't sure how Gary would react...the same reason Gary also hasn't told Ash. Both are too scared, shy and embarrassed to admit to one another. Ash uses his friends and training as a distraction, while Gary used his rivalry and now, researching career as his excuse. It's all a matter of who will admit first...when, where, and how is still to be seen.

I PRAY that the writers will base it off Originalshipping, just as they have based almost everything else of Red and Green for Ash and Gary. I'm patiently awaiting to see their eyes meet, their arms holding one another, their lips merge and the heavens erupt into a glorious ovation unlike anything experienced before!

It's a bit of a sad headcanon, but a bit sweet at the same time XD Gary is probably upset that the bond between him and Ash isn't as "active" as it might have been during their rivalry, but it makes it that much more interesting, I think :3

It is sad but I still have faith...faith in that I know these two will be together because they belong with eachother. Nobody can deny the chemistry between them...I truly believe they are soul mates and no matter where they go and what they do...they will have a part of their heart missing, just like their pokeball half, which is a great symbol of true love and friendship!

Wow, that was long! Sorry!!! lol

Last edited:

Hello! Calling all Palletshippers! Is anyone still out there?

*sigh* Come on, guys! I refuse to let this thread die! Where are all of the amazing people that once commanded and frequented this thread almost everyday?

Where's the Palletshipping love??? I know there are still tons of fans out there.

Attachments

• GaryxAsh264.jpg
    GaryxAsh264.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5,355
  • Palletshipping15.jpg
    Palletshipping15.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,794
  • GaryxAsh123.gif
    GaryxAsh123.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,840
  • GaryxAsh139.jpg
    GaryxAsh139.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 8,335
  • GaryxAsh217.png
    GaryxAsh217.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 12,931

Well, I'm still out there. I don't come here as often as I used to because it's usually pretty dead here. It makes me really happy to see that there are still people who are actively supporting this pairing. n_n

Even though I have a little obsession with AshxGary, I doubt it that they'll ever make it canon. It still is and will always be a kid's show. There are hardly any boyxgirl pairings in the show (as far as I've seen), let alone a relationship between two guys. I'll keep hoping I suppose c:

I should watch a Gary-episode marathon that makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. <3
I really wonder if they're gonna give Gary a new episode soon. It'll surely give this thread a little boost!

Also, PalletshippingMaster, by looking at what you've written so far on here, you should definitely write some Palletshipping fanfiction. I think you could write some awesome stories.
...Reminds me to continue my own Pallet fanfic. ;-;

Well, I'm still out there. I don't come here as often as I used to because it's usually pretty dead here. It makes me really happy to see that there are still people who are actively supporting this pairing. n_n

I'm glad to see a few are still standing strong for the sake of Palletshipping. Thanks! I'm not going to give up, I am going to remain optimistic....at least we can live through our imagination, correct???

Even though I have a little obsession with AshxGary, I doubt it that they'll ever make it canon. It still is and will always be a kid's show. There are hardly any boyxgirl pairings in the show (as far as I've seen), let alone a relationship between two guys. I'll keep hoping I suppose c:

Hey, I'm with you there. GaryxAsh is my favorite yaoi pairing, it makes sense and I love each of their personalities. I see your point, I wish the creators would mature the show just a bit to let crushes evolve into innocent relationships. Nothing tacky, just kissing and cuddling...fluff basically. Things that make people say "Aww!". I dont see any harm in that. Children these days learn about sexual and romantic information in kindergarten for gosh sakes....Surely, the writers know this.

I should watch a Gary-episode marathon that makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside. <3
I really wonder if they're gonna give Gary a new episode soon. It'll surely give this thread a little boost!

A little inspiration can go a long way. It can help us create masterpieces and do extraordinary things! I hope Gary appears in the new series...though I'm sure they will murder his appearance, just like they have for every other character. This thread and every Palletshipping forum needs a big jumpstart and recharge!

Also, PalletshippingMaster, by looking at what you've written so far on here, you should definitely write some Palletshipping fanfiction. I think you could write some awesome stories.
...Reminds me to continue my own Pallet fanfic. ;-;

Thank you, I am flattered :) I am currently in the rough draft stages, but I am not going to rush it, I want it to sound great and make sense somewhat ;) I do however, have several Palletshipping AMVs.....just click my YouTube button to the left, below my avatar.

Woah there, no need to post three times in a row, multiple posting is not allowed on threads.

And you can NEVER be too late to discuss Palletshipping here, that's what this thread is about! All Palletshipping all the time XP

To help get back on topic, I'm going to share with you guys one of my favorite palletshipping fanfics...I really think this explains why Gary is so antagonistic towards Ash and how he became his rival.

Rival, a pokémon fanfic - FanFiction.Net

"As a friend, I was easily cast aside. As a rival, there was no way my presence could be forgotten."

dsfkjhsjdkfhksjdfh!!! <3 I read it years ago and I was SO HAPPY to finally find it again xDDD

Thank you for posting that wonderful fanfic, Gym Leader Burgh :)

Palletshippinger1212.....It's never too late to discuss Palletshipping :)

I don't have any fanfics to share but I do create Palletshipping(and soon to be other ships) AMVs as well, if you are interested. Just click the youtube link beneath my avatar and information.

Well, I am apalletshipper fan, and honsestly, I can see how Gary and Ash have some sort of chemistry. But I think the creators of pokemon are trying to kill Palletshipping, due to the fact that there is little chance Gary will make an appearence in the Best Wishes series... :(

They brought Dawn back for a few episodes, who's to say they won't bring back anyone else? I am still hopeful Gary will show up. Someday...soon....please, writers? :(

Really, they brought Dawn back? o-o *hasn't watched the show in ages*
For some reason I still doubt that they'll let Gary disappear completely. I think he'll show up in an episode or too, but nothing much.
But yeah, the ship really is dying... xc Makes me sad.

Well, for the dub it would be easy to get gary's VA, Jimmy Zoppi, because he voices James and meowth. but that's just it... The Japanese VA may be harder to find... Also, the past travel companion kind of, HAS to get an episode. But after that, the companion is cast aside. look at may and misty, for example.

Years later, I think Ash/Gary is my favorite Pokemon pairing. Ash really has no interest in anything besides Pokemon and competition, and Gary provided both! Plus its adorable and makes me laugh :)

Ah. Haven't been here for awhile. Hey guys!

I've been getting into Palletshipping a lot more lately, ever since I got out of it for awhile there.

Just here to say that I absolutely support Palletshipping. That episode where Gary and Ash reconciled under the moon and everything just clinched it. Come on Gary, just hurry up and confess.

Woo! I sure hope the fandom isn't dead! I totally support Palletshipping. It kinda sucks that the fandom isn't as active as it used to be, but it sure looks like it used to be full of some pretty cool people! Ummm... If anyone else shows up, that would be cool! Yeah! ^^

Woo! I sure hope the fandom isn't dead! I totally support Palletshipping. It kinda sucks that the fandom isn't as active as it used to be, but it sure looks like it used to be full of some pretty cool people! Ummm... If anyone else shows up, that would be cool! Yeah! ^^

Well, a good way to get the ball rolling and induce some activity in this thread, is with a topic. :>

Hey I'm new to this thread.
I recently became surprised by how convincing the evidence is for palletshipping by watching the late kanto episodes.
Here's the weird part: Satoshi is perfectly comfortable holding Shigeru but he never reslly touches Kasumi, Haruka, Hikari, or Airisu.
The only things he has held are his pokemon (which he often says he loves) and Shigeru.
Here's some screenshots:
View attachment 84652

And compare these:
View attachment 84669
View attachment 84670

Ahhhh.... The wonderful Battle of the Badge screenshot.... ^^
Seriously, that's been my favorite episode of the anime ever since I first discovered palletshipping. Well... That and Power Play. Power Play is pretty shippy too. :D

I registered to this forum just to talk about Palletshipping. I tootally support Palletshipping! The fandom is awesome aswell!

Back
Top Bottom