• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

I like pretty many yaoi couples, but Ash and Gary are my favorite.
It is pretty funny/strange that there is so much evidence.

Quite honestly, I think yaoi is disgusting and strange, but thers's something about Ash and Gary. Besides, the amount of evidence for it is just shocking.

Can you specify what you mean by this?

Originally posted by Araragi Hakase:
Can you specify what you mean by this?
Um, I didn't mean it. I was just trying to introduce some life into this thread, because yaoi fangirls get angry when you criticize them.

Hey, do you think Iris could be a threat to Palletshipping?
Personall, I don't, and I think there is much more evidence for Palletshipping than Negaishipping, but I wonder if anyone has a different opinion.

Last edited:

Um, I didn't mean it. I was just trying to introduce some life into this thread, because yaoi fangirls get angry when you criticize them.

If that's the case, please don't do that. There's no reason to try to create drama to bring life to the thread. If you want the thread to be active, post a topic, or reply to other topics, etc, which I see you did with no problem. Just stick to supporting the ship.

Talk about a dead thread!!
Alright. for anyone who still cares about this surprisingly credible ship, I have a new topic.
Do you think there will be a Palletshipping hint in the upcoming movie?"
I see an easy link. The movie's title is, "Extremespeed Genesect and the Return of Mewtwo" (Or something very close. I always mix up a Kanji or two)
Of course, Mewtwo can give us a flashback to "The Battle of the Badge" and that sweet scene when Ash holds the weak Gary.(I'd love to be in Gary's place there)

Also, if anyone wants a great fanfic, not done by me but by the amazingly talented Annisoptera, click this link:
As Night Follows Day, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
It has perfectly in-character portrayals of Ash and Gary, perfectly compliments canon, has nothing explicit, although it does have references to alcohol, and impresses nearly everyone who reads it. Don't worry: It's fanfiction.net, so there are no viruses.

I love that fanfic! <3 And...I'd like to see Gary return to the series soon, or even in the upcoming movie.

My friend and I recently talked about this, and we see another link aside from Mewtwo. Genesect is a modified version of a pre-existing Pokemon - meaning it existed at one point without the modifications to it, like the cannon on its back. Perhaps this means it eventually became extinct. How were Team Plasma able to bring it back in order to experiment on it? Through a fossil. Now, who in the series have we seen who has experience with fossil revival? Gary, for one, from what we saw in that Pokemon Chronicles episode. Maybe we'll see him become involved - or even become dragged into being involved - with Genesect's revival. Or maybe this is just a grasping-at-straws theory. But it's fun to dream, right?

(Also I loved that Mewtwo episode to death. Just sayin <3)

Originally Posted by TheLadyYuki:
I love that fanfic! <3

Isn't it so amazing? I wish I could write like she can.

Originally Posted by TheLadyYuki:
My friend and I recently talked about this, and we see another link aside from Mewtwo. Genesect is a modified version of a pre-existing Pokemon - meaning it existed at one point without the modifications to it, like the cannon on its back. Perhaps this means it eventually became extinct. How were Team Plasma able to bring it back in order to experiment on it? Through a fossil. Now, who in the series have we seen who has experience with fossil revival? Gary, for one, from what we saw in that Pokemon Chronicles episode. Maybe we'll see him become involved - or even become dragged into being involved - with Genesect's revival. Or maybe this is just a grasping-at-straws theory. But it's fun to dream, right?

As much as I would love to see Gary in the movie, it's not happening. Have you seen "A Friend...His Name is N" yet? It's only in Japanese now, but I saw it and I know enough to understand that Team Plasma, under Colress(not our favorite rival) has revived the Genesect.

Gabe67 & Spectrum Achromatic.
Thanks for coming. It's nice to have new people on the thread(especially if one's themed after the best villain in pokemon).

Originally Posted by Gabe67:
We need to get this thread up and running again so here is topic, Favorite Palletshipping Moment, please share your favorite moments between these two (clearly in love) boys,
Hmmm... Clearly in love?
As much as I wish it were true... it's probably not. :(
Realizing that you're gay-that you love another guy- can be really confusing, and Ash definitely is not ready for it.
On the other hand, though, Ash will always do what he thinks is right, without really caring if anyone tries to stop him, so he might find this easy.

A great topic, by the way, better than mine, and here's my answer:
Either "A Claim to Flame" or "Can't Beat the Heat". Not because both titles reference hotness.
In the former, Ash can't get to sleep because he is thinking about Gary, then goes on a walk, meets Gary and they sit and talk under the stars, being really nice to one another.
In the latterm that whole Pokeball divided in two is great, but I really like the moment when they hold hands.

Random thought, but Ash will eventually reunite with Gary when his adventures are over, and he returns home to Pallet Town. There he will meet Gary, and then happily ever after :D

Random thought, but Ash will eventually reunite with Gary when his adventures are over, and he returns home to Pallet Town. There he will meet Gary, and then happily ever after :D

The truth behind the Pokemon anime: Its all just a long, drawn out epic where the star crossed lovers reunite in the end ;D

My 1800th post is dedicated to Palletshipping! :) I'm more of an Mangapalletshipper, just because its more acceptable for them to be doing the nasty at 18-ish than at 10 :p Even Originashipping is a bit better since they supposedly are 13-14 in Gen II.

The truth behind the Pokemon anime: Its all just a long, drawn out epic where the star crossed lovers reunite in the end ;D

My 1800th post is dedicated to Palletshipping! :) I'm more of an Mangapalletshipper, just because its more acceptable for them to be doing the nasty at 18-ish than at 10 :p Even Originashipping is a bit better since they supposedly are 13-14 in Gen II.

I don't think any Palletshipping fans believe that they will get together at ten: we believe that they have feelings for each other(which perhaps, in Satoshi's case at least, they don't understand themselves) and will eventually end up in a romantic relationship. We believe this despite the amount of homophobia in all countries but Japan(where it is very accepted).
Doing "the nasty"... Gay people would probably be offended by that, though at ten and thirteen it is sort of nasty...
FYI, they're not starcrossed. Nothing is really stopping them from getting together(except the writer's avoidance of gayness).

We believe this because we love this ship.

Last edited:
Haha ninfia, I know they're not really star crossed lovers :p I was makin' a joke. I'm a long time Palletshipper and I know how we roll :)

And I refer to sexual intercourse as "the nasty" all the time. I think its a pretty common euphemism for sex, at least where I'm from. It doesn't mean specifically homosexual intercourse, it just means sex. Like if we were talking about how Norman and Caroline made May and Max I'd say they "did the nasty" :p

So does anyone think we'll see Gary any time soon? I doubt it, but with the gang going back to Kanto you never know. Last time Gary was in Sinnoh, but he might be back home now too.

So does anyone think we'll see Gary any time soon? I doubt it, but with the gang going back to Kanto you never know. Last time Gary was in Sinnoh, but he might be back home now too.

You guys can talk about Gary coming back, as long as you relate it to Palletshipping. Otherwise, there is the whole Anime section to speculate on characters returning.

If you go off topic, Araragi Hakase will get you. She manages the thread much better than the past head, so we can't get away with going off-topic like they used to do all the time. Trust me, I know from experience. Also, the gang is going to Decolora, not Kanto.

A few points to note:

• Araragi Hakase is not the head of Shipper's Paradise. Insanish Danish is.
  • You can talk to either Gama or myself privately if you think a head isn't doing their job well enough. We are the Head Admins and we will listen to you. We won't however always see your opinions if they're posted inappropriately in threads such as this one.
  • And finally speaking about how the rules are applied has nothing to do with Palletshipping so you are once again going offtopic. I highly recommend you don't try and give people advice when you have yet to take it yourself.

You may now go back to discussing Palletshipping, and Palletshipping only.

Oh, um, wow... Ok so let me re-state my question. Does anyone think Gary AND ASH will reunite in the anime soon? Do you think they will have a tense battle as usual? Ash can never seem to beat Gary unless he's super serious about it (Johto league) after all. I always thought their battles had more than just rivalry after all.

Whats everyone's favorite Palletshipping hint? I really liked the episode where they meet in Johto (when Umbreon first appears) and Gary and Ash pull that pump think together (and Misty and Brock of course, but ya know.. ;D). It was one of the signs Gary was becoming not a jerk to Ash! And they're hands touuuuched ;D ;D ;D I think...

Hope this was on topic enough -___-

I'm often looking for AlmostStraightShipping fan fiction (which depending on who you ask, is effectively Palletshipping, but with Ash crossdressing as "Ashley" from the episode "Pokemon Scent-sation!"), but I have a hard time finding such stories. There are SOME out, but definitely not enough. Those I do find are often short, short-lived, or haven't been updated and continued in ages. This is a shame, because I truly think that regardless of how I feel about the ship personally, in the right hands, it has the potential to lead to some incredible, high-quality stories. And this prompt I found on tumblr a while back could very well be JUST the story I have been looking for.

The only problem is that as of this post, no one appears to have risen to the challenge so far. I've been extremely tempted, but several things are holding me back. One, I have barely any time to write fan fiction these days, and the little I do have, I put towards either a specific story I am in the middle of, or one of two one-shots that I have completely planned out in my head. Second, I do not have that much experience with writing Pokemon stories...yet. Third, I am not sure I have the skill or confidence to tackle this at the moment. And in order to completely bring out the potential I fully believe this prompt has and make it into the amazing tale I know it can be, I am going to need far more free time, experience with writing Pokemon stories in general, and confidence in my overall writing talents. But as much as I would love to tackle this myself eventually, if any one here finds this prompt just as fascinating as I do and wants to give it a shot, well...it was not my own idea to begin with, so I can't stop you. In fact, my main desire is to spread the word of this. I'd love for people to try this out. I mean, I can't exactly complain if someone (or several people) get to this before I do. Just means more stories for me to read and enjoy! I just want to see this story done, and see it done well. It doesn't matter to me who does it, be it myself, another, or several even.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom