• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

270_010.jpg

Awww... :XD2:

Just ONE of the many reasons why the Silver Conference episodes are my absolute favorite episodes in the anime! :yahoo:

270_010.jpg

Awww... :XD2:

Just ONE of the many reasons why the Silver Conference episodes are my absolute favorite episodes in the anime! :yahoo:

...>.<* gaaah...i feel like such a bad fan for not seeing that episode...i MUST find it...*goes off to get money for DVDs*

...>.<* gaaah...i feel like such a bad fan for not seeing that episode...i MUST find it...*goes off to get money for DVDs*

Hah, believe me, I'm going to have to dig up some money myself soon and buy some DVDs with the Silver Conference episodes - I don't know how much more my poor VHS tape can take! :bawling:

In case you need further incentive to gather up some money for the DVDs (yeah right ;-) ), I'll leave you with this picture:

3ed3fde4.jpg

*Clears throat* Yeah... uh, no comment. :sweatlol: :-D

*giggles* aw, thanks! ^^ 's okay, everyone feels the same way about that screenshot...i think... #^^#

...anyway, we gotta discuss ShiShi, right? so! *claps hands* someone bring up an aspect!

...'cause i've got nothin... -.-;;;

...anyway, we gotta discuss ShiShi, right? so! *claps hands* someone bring up an aspect!

Well... I don't know how interesting/stimulating this question will be, so if someone comes up with something better, feel free to post it!

We all know Ash and Gary were friends before they became rivals, right (I don't think they'd go to the movies and sit next to each other if they hated each other)? So, what do *you* think happened between them that led up to their rivalry and Gary's sneering attitude toward Ash?

I suspect as a young kid, Gary spent a lot of his time studying Pokémon (his grandfather is a professor after all) and in some of the Kanto episodes he appeared in, he had several facts memorized that Ash obviously had no clue about. Come to think of it, much of the Kanto season was dedicated to demonstrating how little Ash knew about Pokémon - at least in terms of types and battling. So, while Gary likely spent most of his time studying, Ash was probably out chasing Pidgey or getting chased by something larger after petting it too hard/pulling its tail/annoying it in some way. Maybe Gary grew annoyed/tired of Ash's "childish" or "clueless" behavior and considered him not worth his time (in which case, Ash would end up spending much of his time in Kanto/Johto attempting to "prove" himself to Gary - this of course did happen in the anime, so it's not speculation).

Admittedly, what I just came up with isn't nearly as "deep" as some of the Palletshipping fanfiction out there, but what I was attempting to do was fill in the pieces of history we don't know in a way it would make sense with what later played out in the anime.

no, it's a good attempt, really! honestly, no one knows, so until the writers in Japan come up with some explination, we'll be in the dark...

actually, a lot of fanfics base the rivalry on this: Ash and Gary were best friends when they were little, but then...dun dun dun...Gary gt a crush on Ash. of course, he never told Ash, and being at a young age, what else could he do but tease and push away the friend he valued because of these confusing feelings?

hm...i think i read that on a couple palletshipping sites, too. it's a popular theory, but it's not the definite truth.

no, it's a good attempt, really! honestly, no one knows, so until the writers in Japan come up with some explination, we'll be in the dark...

actually, a lot of fanfics base the rivalry on this: Ash and Gary were best friends when they were little, but then...dun dun dun...Gary gt a crush on Ash. of course, he never told Ash, and being at a young age, what else could he do but tease and push away the friend he valued because of these confusing feelings?

hm...i think i read that on a couple palletshipping sites, too. it's a popular theory, but it's not the definite truth.

Thanks! Yeah... that's the typical "blueprint" for a Palletshipping story alright. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when it's used time and again in stories, it all becomes a little too predictable. There's one story on fanfiction.net that is really good (partially because it deviates from the aforementioned blueprint) and if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2333033/1/. It's titled "Golden Rivals, Silver Friends".

Like I said though, I was attempting to come up with an explanation for their rivalry while sticking with what's established on the show. Unfortunately, we have no real evidence of a crush on either side (of course, there's no real evidence against it either :p ), so Palletshippers (at least in my opinion) should remember to keep fanfiction and website theories separate from logical speculation and reasoning (supported by the anime itself). :)

eh, true. *shrugs* i'm a fanfic writer, it's where it stems from. i'll take a look, though; thanks! ^^

so yeah, based on the anime...we've got no idea. T_T;;;

You're welcome! :)

And hey, we can always hold out hope that when Ash runs into Gary in Sinnoh, more of their past will be revealed. *Crosses fingers*

Until that happens though, how about some fanart?

12a6.jpg

Now doesn't that look comfortable? :naughty:

f3bb.jpg

I adore the background coloring in this picture, but I also like how it depicts how "distant" Ash and Gary sometimes were because of their rivalry and the heated words they would exchange, despite of how they may have felt on the inside.

b945.jpg

One of those "feel good" pictures in my opinion. Just looking at it puts me at peace as I imagine Ash and Gary just lying on the grassy ground on a warm and sunny summer day and staring up at a blue sky or being whisked off to sleep by a gentle breeze somewhere out in the open plains of Pallet.

I'll post some more of my favorites later...

I think that's a definite about Sinnoh; it'd be interesting to see how that pans out...

anyway...ShigeSato...*huggles* so cuuute...such cute art...i'd post some stuff i've found, but i'm not sure how to post pics...^^;;

For anyone who truly loves Palletshipping, listen up!

Has anyone read the thread discussing the revival of OPS? if you haven't heard of it (which I doubt), OPS is for Official PokeShippers. They wanna start OPS up again! It's one of the oldest shipping clubs/ shippings in the history of Pokemon, and, well...i'm a little concerned. things sounded iffy in there, but...

i dunno...you guys go read; anyone else feel a little vulnerable? They're probably amazing debators, and I know i'm a total n00b...maybe it's just me...

feel free to hit me with something if i sound like an idiot...

Hey... sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days, but I've been busy. I'm glad you like the fan art I posted, and if you want to post some of your own, all you have to do is use this code:

[IMG*]Web Address[/IMG*]

Just remove the "*" and replace the web address text with the actual URL. :)

As for the OPS revival, I say good for them. :) They have their ship, and we have ours, and that's how it is in shipping. There's no need to feel vulnerable or desire debate... let people believe in what they want to believe and let them enjoy it. The old Poke vs. Pallet debates of years ago took all the fun out of shipping and all it did was create a lot of needless drama and led to people abandoning both sides. Whether the OPS revival is successful or not (and I hope it is for Pokeshippers), it doesn't impact supporters of Palletshipping in any way.

So relax, and just remember the only rivals we're concerned with are the two that are destined to be together - Ash and Gary. ;-)

Hm...okay, i will. no arguing, no mean debates. You're totally right...I've just been researching shipping history a little too much...*sigh* enjoy the ship...I can do that! yay for Pallet! ^^ and thanks for the pic tip; i'll keep it in mind. where'd you find those, anyway? and do you know any other good sites?

anyway...

displayimage.php

...I'm hoping this works...it's one of my favorite pics...

Phew, it's about time!! Sorry for falling off of the face of the Earth there for awhile. Something (and yeah, that's about as descriptive I can be) happened to my DSL modem and it suddenly became very particular over what sites I visited. Some days it didn't want to take me to *any* websites and instead preferred to sleep. And once again, I'm assured that "Tech Support" is indeed an oxymoron. How *do* these people get their jobs? Are they all relatives/friends of the people that own these large ISP companies or are these companies so desperate for workers that they'll just hire anybody? Enough of my complaining though... my DSL modem might hear me and go on strike again....

Onto something totally more important and certainly very exciting, I read in the Anime forum that Shigeru is going to be in an upcoming episode! With Pokemon Hunter J nonetheless! J appeared in quite possibly one of the best episodes of not just the D/P season, but all of Pokemon! Having Shigeru in that episode too is almost too good to be true! Why oh why can't it be a two-parter? :bawling:

Here's hoping that the writers don't pass up the opportunity to deliver some shishi goodness! Shigeru has rescued Satoshi from danger at least two times before, I want to see him do it again! I personally think Shigeru secretly enjoys being Satoshi's "knight in shining armor" and Satoshi better give him the chance to do it again! And hey, maybe if one of them gets hurt, we'll get to see one of them hold the other again, like in the "Battle of the Badge" episode! :XD2:

When does the episode air, by the way? I don't think I caught that... then again I didn't catch much after I saw Shigeru's name. :lol:

It already aired; it's on youtube, if yah wanna look it up. i must say, a pretty sweet episode, too short for my liking, though. the english dub should be interesting...i hopoe Ash's voice actress pulls it together to make the episode that more enjoyable.

I wish i could find more screenshots...a pic of them clinging to the underside of the van would definitely make my day! ^^

Too short is right! :bawling: I suppose we should be grateful though Gary finally showed up in D/P. Although I like Paul and I enjoy the tension between Ash and him, I wish the writers would bring Gary back more often... even if it means one or two fewer episodes with Paul. Speaking of tension, there sure was enough of it between Ash and Gary in this episode! Ash wanted to take the fight directly to J and he seemed a great deal more rash and dominated by emotion in this episode (which reminded me of his pre-AG character, as opposed to his AG/DP character). One thing I noticed is, Gary seems to be able to keep Ash in check during the episode. Ash generally ignores Misty, Dawn, Brock, or anyone else when they warn him not to do something dangerous or act so impulsively, but with Gary, Ash seems to back off and listen. Once the episode airs in English, I'll be able to give better examples, but this was my impression while watching the episode.

I know this is going to sound strange... but does anyone think Gary's hair looks a lot less... natural now? It's really distracting... especially since his new outfit is so incredibly sharp. He's never looked better... except for his hair. :eek:hdear:

*nods* i really don't like Paul very much; his training methods don't agree with me. although character-wise, he's a breath of fresh air; we need some hardcore jerks. ^^

anyway, yes, Gary needs to come back some more; AG didn't do him nearly enough justice. And there WAS a lot of tension in that episode! they way you put it, it seems like Ash is acting a lot like his old self, which really isn't so bad in some respects. and Gary seems to be the only one he listens to, ever, in this whole episode.

...and yes, Gary's new hair really, really sucks, especially at certain angles. sometimes, it's tolerable, but others...bleah...i think they'll bring his originaly spikes back, though; those were the best. ^^ it looked like his hair had grown a bit from when he appeared in the last AG episode, so maybe the animators understand how much they messed up. ^^;;; but the new outfit...DA-YUM. Same for Ash. #^^#

I am sooooo sorry for not posting here in a while dutchess, school has been keeping me busy. *kills assignments* But was bored one day, and i searched the web for palletshipping and i HAD to post this banner i found:

palletshipping.jpg

and for the OPS, they have their ship, and we have ours. Other people who like both Palletshipping and Poke can do so. But can't be a hypocrite and say that one's better than the other. But if they do - then get stuffed. This is for people who enjoy Pallet and that's ONLY what we're all about. So I don't think the OPS is such an issue. And what episode are you talking about that aired on youtube? Coz if i'm allowed to, could i please have the URL to watch it?
~~~~~~
lol sry i reread your comments i know what epi ur talking about. OMG! I wonder how Gary's voice will be like! I'm mean Drew's went SSOOOOOOOOO down the drain! What will they do to Gary! Aahahahaahhhhhh! no! *Nightmares!*

Last edited:
You do know that Gary's VA is still with the show, right? I'm betting he'll sound exactly the same as he always does :D

Back
Top Bottom