• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

Hey everyone! I sort of registered on the bulbagarden community like ten minutes ago, and decided to first post on this thread, because Palletshipping has been like my OTP for as long as I can remember. I totally love the idea of Ash and Gary in a romantic relationship and I am sooo hoping for it to become true one day!
I am a totally obssessed palletshipper! But I also like some of the other pairings like contest, rocket, poke, wishful, respect and pika, and the Ash-Serena pairing (I don't know what it's called though).

Hum... is Gary, by any chance, still in the newer episodes of the anime? I haven't really been watching them. All I know is that he's in the last Black and White episode, in a flashback I think. He better be in X and Y... with Ash.

Hey guys; I'm new here and Palletshipping is largely part of why I joined this forum :p

I'm hoping Gary will be back in this season just so we can have more to work with, Palletshipping wise. Plus my eyes enjoy looking at him so there's that as well. Gary is specifically mentioned by some random person in a Pokemon Center in the X/Y games so it gives me hope that he may appear in the anime. I sure hope so :p

I'll admit that I've recently started shipping this, mainly because I started shipping Red and Green (is there a thread for that by the way? XD) and I'm a fan of rivalry/childhood friend/ love-hate relationships if they're handled right. Plus I find the way Gary calls him "Ashy-boy" to be cute for some reason XD

I'm hoping that Gary makes an appearance in XY. Snce Serena mentioned that she and Ash went to a summer camp I'm assuming that maybe Gary went as well. I mean why wouldn't he go to his grandfather's pokemon camp? And it would be nice if he showed Ash that he still had the half pokeball from before and vice versa :)

Hi! I am new over here. And you must have guessed from my username that I am a huge fan of Palletshipping. It's my pokemon OTP!
And I had been reading all the 183 pages of this thread and I totally loved it. You guys are really amazing Palletshippers.
I love writing Palletshippy fanfics but I've never posted them though. And I love all the shishi fanart on the net, but I don't draw anything myself, because, well, my drawing is sort of terrible lol.
I had posted on this thread a few days back (moments after joining Bulbagarden infact), but that post never showed up, so I am just posting again. Hope it's not counted as double posting or something.

I totally want to write a Palletshipping fic sometime, I just need an idea for a plot (or even a decent one-shot). It doesn't help that the first fic I came across is one I consider to be amazing and probably my favorite Palletshipping fic...hard to be motivated when there's stuff like that out there.

I'll admit that I've recently started shipping this, mainly because I started shipping Red and Green (is there a thread for that by the way? XD) and I'm a fan of rivalry/childhood friend/ love-hate relationships if they're handled right. Plus I find the way Gary calls him "Ashy-boy" to be cute for some reason XD

I'm hoping that Gary makes an appearance in XY. Snce Serena mentioned that she and Ash went to a summer camp I'm assuming that maybe Gary went as well. I mean why wouldn't he go to his grandfather's pokemon camp? And it would be nice if he showed Ash that he still had the half pokeball from before and vice versa :)
I don't believe Originalshipping has a thread; perhaps it should :naughty: Unless it's considered too similar to Palletshipping? I don't know, I just recently got into Palletshipping myself (a couple months ago, probably). I did like how there were some precious Red/Green moments in Pokemon: The Origin. And "Ashy-boy" is one of my favorite Palletshippy things xD

Oh so that's how Ash and Serena know each other? I only have seen the first two episodes of XY and don't remember that being mentioned but yes, I'd think that if he was there he'd at least be mentioned at some point which is...better than nothing. But I certainly hope he appears :awww:

Oh so that's how Ash and Serena know each other? I only have seen the first two episodes of XY and don't remember that being mentioned but yes, I'd think that if he was there he'd at least be mentioned at some point which is...better than nothing. But I certainly hope he appears :awww:

In the last episode (episode 6 I'm pretty sure) she mentioned that they went to Professor Oak's summer camp together, and I'm hoping that means that Gary went as well. I just really want Ash and Gary to meet up again. Maybe we could get more flashbacks with Ash and Gary (possibly Serena as well) as kids together. I could totally see him being like "Why did you even bother coming here Ash? You know I'm gonna become a better trainer than you anyway!" XD and it would be cuter since they were kids.

That reminds me of a weird dream I had once. It was before Ash left to go to Kalos. Gary met up with him again, showed him the half pokeball they both fished up and said "I haven't forgotten about you Ashy-boy." before walking off. It was cute/weird at the same time XD

In the last episode (episode 6 I'm pretty sure) she mentioned that they went to Professor Oak's summer camp together, and I'm hoping that means that Gary went as well. I just really want Ash and Gary to meet up again. Maybe we could get more flashbacks with Ash and Gary (possibly Serena as well) as kids together. I could totally see him being like "Why did you even bother coming here Ash? You know I'm gonna become a better trainer than you anyway!" XD and it would be cuter since they were kids.

That reminds me of a weird dream I had once. It was before Ash left to go to Kalos. Gary met up with him again, showed him the half pokeball they both fished up and said "I haven't forgotten about you Ashy-boy." before walking off. It was cute/weird at the same time XD

Have the episodes since episode 2 been aired in English or are people just watching the Japanese ones with subtitles? I'll have to catch up either way but yes, I can't imagine Gary NOT being there! I'd love to see an interaction between them as children since the only one we've seen before had little or no dialogue IIRC (when they were at the movies xD). There's definitely plenty of opportunity for him to appear (or at least be mentioned) so it better happen, or else I'll have all the more reason to be disappointed!

That dream isn't that weird from my point of view. Maybe that makes me weird :spin: But it sounds like something that could appear in a fic/probably has xD That said, I like it ^.^

Yeah, it would be really cool if Gary appears in kalos. And from Palletshipping point of view it would be interesting to see how he reacts upon finding out that Serena is apparently crushing on Ash. I think that he would just tease Ash a bit about it, but sulk when he's not looking. Maybe if we are lucky, we would get to see a dark shadow across Gary's face (a sure sign of jealousy in most animes).

But what I do know for sure is that, if/when he appears Ash would pay complete attention towards him and totally forget about all of his companions.

I do wonder how Ash will react to Serena in general but I do feel that you're right in that if Gary did appear, he'd forget about her and everyone else instantly in response to Gary. And that's what I'd like to see since I'd prefer seeing Ash with Gary than...anyone xD. I could also see Gary being jealous of Serena. These all seem likely to happen but now the suspense is just killing me xD

I do wonder how Ash will react to Serena in general but I do feel that you're right in that if Gary did appear, he'd forget about her and everyone else instantly in response to Gary. And that's what I'd like to see since I'd prefer seeing Ash with Gary than...anyone xD. I could also see Gary being jealous of Serena. These all seem likely to happen but now the suspense is just killing me xD

I totally agree with that!
And I had this really stupid idea the other day, that what if Ash catches a Eevee while he's in Kalos and it evolves into a Sylveon. And then probably Gary will make a cameo in an episode alongwith with his umbreon (I really miss it!). And maybe Umbreon and Sylveon will develop a crush on each other?
Yeah, I know it's a stupid idea, but I really like the Umbreon/Sylveon pairing, so I was trying to mix it up with my OTP. Besides, it's about time Ash catches an Eevee I guess.

I totally agree with that!
And I had this really stupid idea the other day, that what if Ash catches a Eevee while he's in Kalos and it evolves into a Sylveon. And then probably Gary will make a cameo in an episode alongwith with his umbreon (I really miss it!). And maybe Umbreon and Sylveon will develop a crush on each other?
Yeah, I know it's a stupid idea, but I really like the Umbreon/Sylveon pairing, so I was trying to mix it up with my OTP. Besides, it's about time Ash catches an Eevee I guess.

Oooh, I like that! And it's not inconceivable; Sylveon seems to be one of the more hyped Pokemon of Gen VI so it would make sense for Ash (or someone in his party but hey, why not Ash?) to have one. Then the Palletshippy potential from there is undeniable. Question would be how far the writers would go from there...

About that, it's pretty unlikely that Palletshipping would ever become canon but as far as I'm concerned, they're OTP xD

Maybe ash catches a zorua and it has a crush on umbreon they wanna see each ether more so they elwanna hook their trainers up(gary and ash)

Hmm, so I guess this thread needs a new topic? If you had to write something Palletshippy based on a fairy-tale, which fairy-tale would you choose and why? Eh, yeah you guessed it right, I actually needed the idea for a fanfic, but it's worth a topic right?

Oooh, good one! Goodness gracious, I can't decide. Maybe something like Sleeping Beauty, where Ash has been put to sleep by a Hypno's spell and only Gary's kiss would dispell the hypnosis. Bahahaha...or not xD

That is a good topic. I have no idea what I'd write about for a Pallet fic. If an idea ever hits me, I'll totally write one. The world needs more Palletshipping!

Sleeping Beauty? That's a good idea! I was actually thinking about Snow White, but your idea sounds better.
*looks around the forum* Where are the other Palletshippers though? Did we scared them away or something? This thread needs more love!

Seriously, we joined around the same time and..maybe we did scare people away! But it's also likely that since Gary hasn't been in the show for awhile, thre isn't as much for the once-active users to talk about. Sadness.

Here's a question for you and for any Palletshipper who may read this: What are some of your favorite Palletshipping fics?

Sorry, I totally forgot to reply to this one.
Favorite Palletshipping fics, well there is this one called 'Advice' on ff.net which is really the most cutest and fluffiest Palletshipping story ever!
Another one of my favorite fics is the one called as 'Helplessly in Love'.
I also loved a story called as 'Confessions', because apart from Palletshipping it had one-sided Amourshipping in it too. And the author had written it in an extremely beautiful and realistic manner.
I had also loved a really old Ash-Gary story called 'Golden Rivals Silver Friends', it wasn't exactly a romantic story, but it was really well-written and intense.
There is one more fanfic called as '50 Shades of Red' which really has the potential of turning into an excellent Palletshipping story, but unfortunately the author hasn't updated for quite some time.
These are the only ones I can remember right now though. But really, there are a lot of Palletshipping fics that I like, especially the cute one-shot type of stories.:blush:

Goodness, the crazy thing is I haven't read any of those! Gives me some ideas for the future though (ie how I can spend my free time in the future xD)

Some of my favorite Palletshipping Fics include "In Ruins" and "Footsoldiers". Both are long and more serious in nature but have some wonderful shippyness to them as well. Footsoldiers is still in progress so I always have the updates to look forward to, even though they may be few and far between lol

There's also one called "As Night Follows Day" which I feel is quite wonderful. It shows more of what Gary's doing during Ash's adventures, plus his point of view from some of their encounters. That doesn't really do it justice though, I found it quite wonderful.

I do enjoy my fluffy ones as well though; I can't remember specifically some of them but there was one called "50 Things you can do with your boyfriend" or something which was just too adorable!

...pretty much, if it's a Palletshipping fic, I'm guaranteed to like it xD

Back
Top Bottom