• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Which do you prefer?

• Pancakes

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Waffles

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
Pancakes-vs-Waffles-compressor.png
Pancakes and waffles always seemed sorta like breakfast rivals to me so I was curious to see which people prefer. You can base your opinions off of any kind, I know there's quite a lot of types of pancakes and waffles.

I've always been more of a waffle person myself. While it is easier to make pancakes as they just need a frying pan, and not some special maker like waffles (unless it's just frozen ones, which is also fine) I prefer how waffles are overall.

The fact that they are nice and crispy, and hold syrup with ease are certainly a big plus to me. I love chicken and waffles, and feel it's a great combination.

Also waffle cones. I don't see the convenience of a pancake being able to hold my ice cream while I'm walking around like a waffle can.

It's mainly up to 2 problems with both of these dishes.

Waffles:
Waffles are always hit or miss. It's either bland and tastes like cardboard, or is comparable to the taste and texture of God's door mat.

Pancakes:
Pancakes are always consistent in taste and texture, but they lack the complexity that Waffles have.

I'll give it to waffles.

Waffles have the little holes on them that you can put fruits or syrup in. It's fun to eat them square by square, too. I find that pancakes get soggy really easily, so I dislike putting too much toppings on them.

But I think crepes are better than both

Aren’t they a type of pancake though? Wikipedia seems to list them as such.
Ehhh

When I think pancake, I think smaller and fluffier, whereas with crepes, they're thin and large enough to put things into. Maybe the crepes I eat are just too distinct from pancakes I've eaten for me to consider them the same thing :unsure:

I love both! It ultimately depends on my mood. I'll go through phases where I prefer pancakes for a while, then I'll switch to preferring waffles. But in the end they're both great.

I'm a classic pancake girl. They're so soft and fun to flip, and it's easier to spread butter and sugar on them.

Both. I don't have a preference, both are good on the rare occasion I do have one or the other for breakfast. Though if I were to pick which one to make, then pancakes since they are so easy.

French Toast and/or Crepes is the grown man's answer

Crepes with the homemade whip cream & powder sugar is
20200528_002249.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom