• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Which do you prefer?

• Pancakes

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Waffles

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
I grew up in France where we would eat sweet crepes at restaurants and they'd usually be served with powdered sugar, chocolate, fruits, jams or other toppings! I personally realy enjoyed them with powdered sugar, strawberries and cream! We also had waffles where I grew up but I wasn't initially crazy about the ones I had in Paris. The crazy thing is unlike in America, it's not considered a breakfast food. I would also eat it for dessert normally, not as a main dish. It actually baffles me that so many people eat dessert food for breakfast?

But yeah I always really liked waffles, but it wasn't until I had a big belgian waffle at a diner in New York with butter and maple syrup that I really became a "waffle person". I think it's the exterior crispiness and the holes that hold and absorb the flavorings. I also like them with nutella or cookie butter, and I realllllly love cookie butter. I use it in my coffee too, and as a dip with apple slices.

Waffles are overrated as f*ck but every once in a while I'll have me chocolate chip waffles. I just don't think they stack up to pancakes or even french toast.

I've always preferred pancakes but within the last like 2 or 3 years I've become more of a waffle person.

i used to prefer waffles. i am now a proud member of the pancake supremacy gang.

...but to be honest, i'm not really big on either. they're just a bit too plain for me without syrup, but WITH syrup they're simply too sweet. sigh.

Used to be a waffles guy, but recently they've felt hit or miss honestly. Pancake gang rise up ^^

but if we're being honest french toast solos both imo

Waffles 100%. Love the crispy edges with a soft interior, and I like how jam and syrup stay in the squares nice and neatly.

Pancakes are good too, but I don't like how syrup runs off the edges and soaks into the pancake so fast.

Back
Top Bottom