• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pansage / Simisagei vs. Pansear / Simisear vs. Panpour / Simipour

Frenzy Plant

Grass-type fanatic
Reaction score
Yanappu / Yanakki
grass.png
VS. Baoppu / Baokki
fire.png
VS. Hiyappu / Hiyakki
water.png

Which of the elemental monkeys do you prefer, and why?
Do you think they're a good addition to the games?
Will you be using any of them on your team?

Personally, I love all three of the base forms; but I'm not too keen on the evolutions. Of the three I'd say my grass-type bias is leaning me towards Yanappu and Yanakki.

PS. I searched for a thread like this but couldn't find one; sorry if there's already one.

EDIT: I've accidentally voted for Hiyappu & Hiyakki. What a moron. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Yanappu / Yanakki vs. Baoppu / Baokki vs. Hiyappu / Hiyakki

Grass looks cool, Fire looks lazy and Water looks Retarted, I go for Grass.

All of the first stages are adorable, however I don't care for the evolutions though. Of them, i would say that the fire one is the best.

Baoppu's my favourite of the basic stages. I hate all the evolutions.
Voted Baoppu/Baokki.

To be honest, I hate all of their Stage 1 forms. Their basic forms though, are awesome.

Hiyap is my favourite =3. Boiling.Freakin'.Water.

Yanakki strikes me as a cool Pokemon. And that's rare for a monkey, LOL.

Yanappu/Yanakki for me.

I like Baoppu/Baokki the best. I prefer its design over the other two. Plus, my own Baokki has pulled through for me in my Black.

Baokki may look lazy, but it pulls you in thinking that and then strikes you off-guard! :O

Yannupu and Yanaaki. I like their typing, designs, and skill better.

Didn't we have a thread like this before? Regardless...
Yannupu and Yanaaki. I like their typing, designs, and skill better.
This for me too. When Yanappu was first shown, I thought "OMG BROCCOLI MONKEY THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!" I still think this. (And I'm sure I won't be the only one who is going to name their's Broccoli when they catch one.)

Then Baoppu and Hiyappu showed up. While they are both adorable, I thought adding them to the mix made them seem more gimmicky than Yanappu =/ Also don't like their stage 1 evos as much as Broccoli's.

I was gonna say Yanapuu, but its evolution looks dumb, so my vote goes to Baoppu and Baokki for flaming monkeys that arent part fighting type.

Yanappu has a cute voice, is the most cheerful, and would be the most fun to have. I choose you, Yanappu! Yanappu, Solar Beam!

I chose Baoppu, as his evolution is better than the others.

The grass monkey's.

Umm...Hiyaapu/Hiyakki I guess.

Yanakki for me even though i liked Baoppu but do NOT like Baokki at all Same wit hiyappu but yanappu was not as good as the others.But Yanakki just hits me.Check my public profile by the way + It is just awesome! But the best is just him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baoppu & Baokki are probably my favorites of the Monkeys. Probably because of the pose of the sprites and artwork.

Baoppu's evo is ugly. But I love Baoppu.

I choose the gay fire monkeys because the broccoli and feminine monkeys just don't appeal to me as much for obvious reasons.

YANNAKI!!! He's so awesome with his thumbs up and Marge-style bush hair!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom