• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paradox Battle! Sada VS Turo

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
If the two professors were to battle using all eight Paradox Pokémon of their group (Ancient/Past for Sada; Future for Turo), who would win based only on Type Match-Ups? Which group would win?

Originally I was going to say Future just because of how advantageous Iron Valiant is compared to the past paradoxes...
Until I realized that only 2 Future forms aren't hit super-effectively by Great tusk, and the remaining ones(Iron Jugulis and Valiant) are both taken out by Flutter Mane, which is really op. So i say Past wins.
I'll probably do a more detailed post of if the two professors actually had a battle with the teams they use(so no Donphan paradoxes)

Originally I was going to say Future just because of how advantageous Iron Valiant is compared to the past paradoxes...
Until I realized that only 2 Future forms aren't hit super-effectively by Great tusk, and the remaining ones(Iron Jugulis and Valiant) are both taken out by Flutter Mane, which is really op. So i say Past wins.
I'll probably do a more detailed post of if the two professors actually had a battle with the teams they use(so no Donphan paradoxes)
I suppose we could drop the number to the teams that the respective professors use. I wonder which team would win over the other?

if we were to assume that each professor were to face each other using the same team that we've encountered in the game... then idk, i'd imagine it'd probably be really close?

assuming they send out their pokemon in the same order....

• i don't forsee iron moth having issues with slither wing. i feel safe giving this to iron moth
  • scream tail vs iron moth could go either way, but scream tail's low offensive stats don't give me a lot of hope of it beating iron moth. but IM also has low physical defenses, so idk. tentative iron moth win, but i can see this easily going to scream tail depending how much damage sludge wave does.
  • brute bonnet beats iron moth who while it would ordinarily be a win for the latter, i can imagine scream tail doing some reasonable damage to it beforehand, and i don't think brute bonnet gets one-shot here, so earth power wins on its behalf. brute bonnet win, here
  • iron bundle vs brute bonnet goes to iron bundle for a similar reason. assuming bonnet is on low health, bonnet just needs to use an ice move to finish it off. iron bundle win, here
  • so now we get to flutter mane which i think changes things quite a bit. it destroys iron bundle, no contest. flutter mane win.
  • unfortunately, flutter mane's victory is short lived because it lacks a fairy move which to hit iron hands super-effectively, so instead it gets annihilated by iron head. iron hands win.
  • to make this next analysis easier, i'm going to give sandy shocks vs iron hands to sandy shocks for type matchup reasons. i'd imagine flutter mane would do some decent damage to hands before going down, so really sandy shocks is finishing it off. sandy shocks win.
  • sandy shocks also wins against iron jugulus for type matchup reasons. sandy shocks win.
  • while sandy shocks and iron thorns both have moves that hit each other super-effectively, it'd probably be reasonable to give this one to sandy shocks bc iron thorns has a 4x ground weakness. easy w for sandy shocks.
  • assuming sandy shocks hasn't taken any prior damage beforehand, probably reasonable to give it the win vs iron valiant. flash cannon is going to do A Lot.
  • i think... the only way turo can squeak out a victory here is that iron valiant outspeeds and destroys sandy shocks assuming it has taken some prior damage from previous pokemon. it then has to deal with roaring moon which has a 4x weakness to fairy so it'd be a simple win for iron valiant, here.

SOOOO yeah that's my analysis o:

Sada would win. She would only have to give Turo a seductive look and he would forfeit right there and then. :p

On a more serious note, I also think the Past team would win.

If the The Past Paradox Pokemon and the Future Paradox Pokemon came out at once. I think Turo and the Future Paradox Pokemon would win for multiple reasons:
  • Iron Treads has a type advantage against both Scream Tail and Flutter Mane.
  • Iron Bundle easily could beat Great Tusk because Iron Bundle has big type advantage against Great Tusk.
  • Great Tusk, Slither Wing, Roaring Moon, and Koraidon are weak to Iron Valiant's fairy type.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom