• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TCG Paradox Rift

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow • previously PokefanKIV
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
A place where we can talk about the new Paradox Rift TCG expansion and speculate on how the cards will do and some strategies with the cards! Anything Paradox Rift, really!

Technical Machines are back! Technical Machines are back!

[Insert Sonic Movie 2 "He's Back!" gif here]

So that's why Tool was dubbed its own card type for Scarlet and Violet! (It would be weird to have a subtype of a subtype.) And they are going to be a doozy. TM Evolution is already making the Kirlia engine more efficient in setting up. Cramorant's Lost Provisions spells a bit of gloom on the horizon, as the official rule is that Lost Provisions allows Cram to skip the Energy costs of its attacks, including those from TMs. Lost Box has already proven rather dominant, so having sets give Cramorant new options to toss out might make it too powerful. Personally, I'm happy because I love Pokemon Tools, and TMs returning in this set means there will be more of them in the future. And as Tools that self discard, they'll go great in my old Roto Motor deck, which can use the same ruling as Cramorant to cheat on their Energy costs.

They do seem pretty good. And Evolution will be perfect for my current deck (a Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX that I hand-crafted out of the cards available to me)

Back
Top Bottom