• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ken, they already attacked us without provocation. I don't think diplomacy is gonna work here" Jett remarked as he stepped back, his entire body clouded by a thick vapor. Seconds later, he paused, and the vapor froze to form an armor, not too unlike that from his sparring match against Nick. However, the armor was visibly improved since its last use. The armor was now more refined and flexible, and had menacing curved blades that extended from the arms.

He then held out one hand, and created a spear before he slammed it into the ground, sending an icy pulse along the ground towards the demons.

Sid had been keeping an eye on the auction building for some time. While he had discovered a couple of ways that he might be able to infiltrate the structure without being detected, Sid remembered something. Members of the Paranaturalist club are officially invited guests to the affair, so Sid or any of the others could technically walk right through the front doors without any trouble. Sid thoughtfully considers the various options..

((Ah, I really don't like saying no, but how are the club members invited? They're a bunch of middle school kids. I mean, if you can have a good reason, like having Sid steal some invitations, that would be great. Also, sorry I've not been on. Weekends tend to be very intense for me. On that note, is anyone interested in being co-GM? Duties mostly include just making stuff happen on the weekends, and inheriting the RP if I die.))

"Talk about a full-frontal assault." Nick said, throwing Ken a pair of jeans as he walked out of the shower. He held out his hand, and his Imagine Blade materialized in his hand. He began to cut through demons with mighty blows.

"Pardon me, some of our guests have complained about noise." The manager said. He was peeking in around the door frame at the carnage. "If you could keep it down, that would be lovely."

-----

"Okay, okay! I'll tell you everything!" The delinquent said while Rose broke his arm. "We figured we'd have free reign with Jett and Ken gone. We're meeting at the Chaos Theater. Just let me go!"

"Rose, it's against the rules to break other student's arms." Ms. Mauvais, Ellery's secretary, said. She was a tall woman, with platinum-blond hair and icy blue eyes. She was holding the anti-material rifle she had just used to execute the VP's goldfish.

The demons, though easily dismembered by the attacks, kept flooding the room in waves. It had seemed the more heavy-duty type of demonic soldiers had arrived, with larger wings, armed with actual weapons. "Lady Umbra is part of this little group, isn't she? Unleashing her upon them would be fun.. But, the mistress Lilith will not permit that.."

Rose smiled as she had successfully gotten information out of the delinquent and had stopped a typical bully situation. The smile soon disappeared when she heard the blonde teacher tell her off. She let go of her victim's arm and turned around to look at Ms. Mauvais, an unhappy expression on her face.

"But Mrs," She whined. "This guy was getting away with bullying while my guy friends are working with the GPS and it's not fair!" She protested. "Besides, he told me some valuable info that I will use to, erm...bring justice! You should be thanking me." She said, defiant and crossed her arms. After a moments pause she asked curiously, "Since when was breaking arms against the rules?"

how are the club members invited?
(OOC: Are you trying to say that the club members are not invited? Because if so then that would change everything. It would be incredibly irresponsible for Yae and the GPI to send middle school students on such a dangerous assignment without any actual cover. Not to mention that would mean the entire trip becomes rather suicidal for everyone involved.

So which is it?
I can keep going either way but it is kind of an important detail)

how are the club members invited?
(OOC: Are you trying to say that the club members are not invited? Because if so then that would change everything. It would be incredibly irresponsible for Yae and the GPI to send middle school students on such a dangerous assignment without any actual cover. Not to mention that would mean the entire trip becomes rather suicidal for everyone involved.

So which is it?
I can keep going either way but it is kind of an important detail)

((
f895bbb6.png

That's very astute. I should point out that it wasn't the GPI that sent the group. It was Yae. She's a member of the GPI, but while she's in good standing, she's not that high a rank.))

"Wait, Umbra? You mean Ra?" Nick asked. The room was getting very cramped. Mr. Phillips, the manager, looked on as the hotel room was decimated. He had taken out a notepad and was tallying the damage.

"This Lillith...I'll make sure to send her the bill once you're done." He said. Nick had one of the demons by the throat, pressing it against the wall as he used his sword to stab any that came close.

"Where's Ra?" He asked, his grip slowly tightening.

-----

"Since school started. And you guys are kids. You're not working for the GPI." Mrs. Mauvais said, rolling her eyes. "Just make sure you call an ambulance. Class is almost over anyway, so I guess that means it's not my job any more." The secretary shrugged.

"Yeah and what does she have to do with all of this!?" Ken yelled, holding his sword back before launching himself forward, he vanished, only to appeared in front a group of demons and slash forward, the strenght and speed of his movements enough to cut down multiple demons at the same itme as he vanished once more and appeared in front of the winged ones, thrusting down at them.

"It's sad to hear that you don't know who the mistress Lilith is," the demon replied to Nick, wielding a large sword that was set ablaze. He slashed at Jett, grinning wildly. "Perhaps you little middle school students have not done your research on the Big Ten. The mistress, her majesty, strives to make her daughter part of this army.. To embrace her inner demon, I suppose. Doesn't seem to be working too well, but alas; we get to rip you sorry specimens apart for our entertainment."

The lesser demon that Nick was strangling began to disintegrate into ashes, as were the ones Ken and Jett had been attacking. However, the winged demons weren't going down so easily.

"I'm glad we're not but I'll never work with them..." Rose muttered. "What kind of rule is that?" She asked in disbelief, staring at her rifle. "Oh! I forgot to mention - nice aim." She said, before taking out her phone and dialling triple 0.

"Hello? Is this the ambulance? Perfect, that's just great!...No I'm not being sarcastic, why would you- Yes, I'll tell you the situation." She quickly explained where she was and what the emergency was. She then listened further. "How'd he break his arm? He...look, it doesn't matter at the moment, the point is his arm is broken and it needs help! You need to come before it gets worse!...It's ok, buh-bye." She hung up and turned back to the goldfish assassin. "And they are coming in 5."

Sid had been racking his brain trying to decide how to proceed. After doing a thorough search of his pockets and belongings, Sid cannot find an invitation to the building anywhere! He could have sworn that he and the others had been given one but Sid is unable to locate anything. There is no way that Sid knows of to take part in the auction without an invite and he sure was not about to risk his life picking a fight with some of the most dangerous gangsters on the planet.

The mission is a bust. Maybe Nick and the others would realize this before trying to take the shard by force but then again Sid is not really sure about their whereabouts either. Unless someone is calling down some god mode like powers, a frontal assault was not a viable option. Sid had still not come across Ra but she was strong enough to take care of herself. After joining a quick tour of the town and getting some souvenirs Sid packs up.

Sid had not recovered the shard but at least he still had a nice suit. As the train that Sid had boarded starts leaving, Sid waves at the town. "So long, Las Vegas" I wonder what the others are doing now?

Jett's eyes noticed the flaming blade just in time, the teenager dropping his spear and leaping back to barely avoid the attack. As the flaming blade effortlessly cut through his weapon, he grabbed another blade from one of the fallen demons. His inexperience with a blade was very visible, but he wasn't going to let that effect him. After gripping the blade tightly, bright white energy began to flow from his fingers, traveling down the weapon to extend the cutting edge. It looked like there was a small blizzard condensed into the blade, and Jett gripped it tightly as he lept at the demon, the icy blade moving to strike its fiery one.

Nick threw the disintegrating body of the demon at one of the flying ones, then pulled the alarm clock out of the wall, tossing it. If it missed, it would end up embedded in the wall. If it hit, it would likely end up embedded in an unlucky demon. His blade appeared in his hand once more, and he leaped at a demon, a downward chop aimed at the creature.

"Ra wouldn't do th..." Then he stopped, registering a name. It was one spoken of on the news, when bad things happened. Really bad things. "Lillith." He said, pausing. One thought was going through his mind.

we'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadiewe'regonnadie Nick thought, as he battled the demons.

-----

Ms. Mauvais had already left.

"Hey, don't leave me with this maniac!" The bully said, his arm bent at a sickening angle. "I'll...I'll tell you anything." The man said. "We're gonna release all the animals from the zoo tonight. We're part of the Green Earth Movement. Oh god my arm. Our goal is to bring mankind closer to nature. I don't really believe it, but me and my friends were hired to help."

Rose turned around and glared at the bully. "Excuse me? What did you just call me? You're lucky that the secretary came otherwise I would've left you here instead of calling the ambulance. If you don't want your other arm the same way as this arm." She paused to prod his broken arm. "Then I suggest you tell me how I can get in without being detected."

On the train, Sid is sitting in a dining car just like earlier when he was traveling to Vegas. Suddenly a voice yells behind Sid, "YOU, FREEZE! ITS OVER!!" Sid spits out his mouthful of drink in shock and surprise!

Sid's sense of surprise grows, as seconds later some guy in a baseball cap says "Cut! Great job everyone!" Apparently a film was in production and it is only now that the camera crew and other assistants reveal themselves. A man dressed in black informs Sid that they had been working on this set up for a long time but did not tell most of the passengers what was happening because the director wanted to keep things "authentic".

Their crew is making an action movie about a massive government conspiracy that even involved the GPI. Amazingly Sid looked very similar to one of the heroes stunt doubles, so when they saw Sid, the decision was made to simply keep the cameras rolling. Supposedly the script is based on a true story or something but only if you believe in that sort of thing. When Sid asks about the criminals in Vegas, an actor tells him that the movie had nothing to do with Las Vegas nor did they shoot any scenes there.

Slightly confused but relieved, Sid eats some pastries that had been supplied by the director, as some of the crew members start watching a blooper reel of the film on a big screen.

Last edited:
The young man squirmed a little at Rose's touch.
"We have some other guys bringing in a weapon by train from Vegas. We don't really know them, so I guess you could sneak in with them? They're coming tonight." The bully said. Then some paramedics arrived.
"Holy crap, I knew this school had a bullying problem, but this is ridiculous!" One of them said, lifting the young man onto a stretcher.
"I hope whoever did this gets detention, at least!" The other one said, helping him.

"That's good enough for me to work with." Rose said, slinging her bag over shoulders. She was about to reply something snarky to the paramedics when she decided it was a good time to bounce. She got on her skateboard and made her way to the train station.

She soon arrived and stopped at the train timetable with her skateboard in one arm. "Let's see..." She muttered to herself, scanning through the timetable. "Vegas, Vegas, Vegas...where are you, Vegas?"

A loud whistle signals the approach of the train, Vegas route 0224! Aside from the locomotive, there are about 12 - 16 cars that each line up with a section of the station platform although the last few cars and the caboose do not enter the station area.

"This is my stop." Sid says good bye to the movie people. One of them gives Sid a business card, "Hey kid, if you ever want a job in Hollywood, give us a call." Sid wonders what the club members who did not go on the Vegas trip might be up to.

As other people enter and exit the train, Sid notices a familiar face some distance away. He recognized that curly brown hair anywhere! But before Sid can go say hi to Rose, he remembers that he is still dressed in the super slick looking suit. Sid heads for the train station wash rooms so he can switch into his normal clothes. The station platform swarms with activity, almost like the people are ants running around a pile of something sweet.

The train pulled in at sunset, and indeed, there were lots of people around. Still, the conductor was able to pick out Sid.

"You! You better not do anything funny again. The hole you blow in my train is still there!" He said, as Sid passed his car. Behind Sid were several men dressed in baggy clothes, hauling a huge crate. They were all dressed in green, too.

"Oh my god, this thing is heavy." One of them said. He wore a green hoodie, and had very pretty blue eyes. His bleached blond hair was cropped short.
"Hey, kid, you look pretty strong." Another one asked Rose. He had on a green basketball jersey that proclaimed he was number one, and had a sword sheathed on his back. "I'll give you five bucks if you help."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom