• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroic Sociopath

Gone forever.
Reaction score
lYClurz.png

It was 2 AM in Cedar Peak, Colorado. A medium-sized town in a valley amid the Rocky Mountains, most sane people were asleep at this time on a Tuesday night. So that left out Nick Cortez. The 13-year old sat, illuminated by his computer screen, engaged in the noble pursuit of arguing with strangers on the internet. He was on Paranatural Online, a forum for discussion of Paranaturalists. It was by chance that between posts, he looked out the window.

Nick lived on the second story of his house, which was itself on the foot of one of the mountains surrounding the town. It let him gaze upon much of the surrounding city. They were in the middle of a warm front, and much of the snow had melted, apart from a few white caps upon the highest mountains. Far from many other towns, the stars were quite beautiful. Like many Paranaturalists, Nick could name a few of them, such as Polaris and Sirius, and that green fireball falling towards the woods near his house.

Wait what.

Nick watched, mesemerized, as the falling star fell to the woods below, with a loud crash, nearly shaking the earth. He had shut off his internet connection and picked up the phone less than two seconds later.

"Will there was a meteor and it fell and I saw it and I know where it is and if we find it we can be famous Paranaturalists and we're going to the woods!" Nick said. A few minutes later, he had called every other member of the Paranatural Study Club, had gotten dressed, and stepped outside. It was a bit chilly, and Nick's breath misted in the air as he mounted his bike and headed for the forest to meet the others.

@Infinity Storm
@JakkuEbansu
Kanon Shirogane/mention]
Marius
@Flaze
@theacegamer
@SudoWooper

Jett yawned as he got dressed, rubbing his eyes as he carefully snuck out the front door of his house. While he wasn't too terribly happy that Nick had woken him up at 2 AM, at least the weather was pleasant. Or at least, pleasant to him. Hopping onto his skateboard quickly, he began making his way towards the forest.

Lilu was happy. This was not anything new. Lilu tended to always be happy when people wanted her. That was one of her more ingrained doggish characteristics.

For just a moment she loosened the tight harness she held around her wolf self, allowing her hands and feet to morph into paws and bending onto all fours, her pace lengthening and quickening. She sniffed the air to help her turn in the right direction and flinched away from the foul scent of burning ozone. Wow, that was strong.

A few minutes later, ears pricked and paws padding softly, she wandered into the woods.

Nick's bike pedaled along the gravel road as he neared the forest. It had been warming up lately, but he still saw fit to wear his favorite Dragon Ball Z hoodie. It had Poccolo on the back, staring down anyone who happened to be behind Leo. As he drove up to the forest, a bunch of police cars were parked on the road. He also saw Jett and Lilu.

"Dudes! I totally saw the meteor land in there!" Nick said, the red and blue lights flashing against the stray piles of snow on the ground. "They might give us a scholarship to the Tesla Institute." He was referring to the expensive academy for paranaturalists. They often have full-ride scholarships to young Paranaturalists who performed significant accomplishments, like defeating powerful Kaiju or discovering long lost treasures.

"You kids aren't scholarshipping anything tonight!" A voice said, as Nick felt a strong hand land on his head. Behind him was the local chief of police, Officer Mortimer. The man was very large. He towered over most other adults, and though he had quite the gut, he was also quite muscular. He took a bite of a glazed doughnut he had in his hands.

"It's 2 in the morning! On a school night. All the cool kids are in bed. And the cool dogs." Officer Mortimer said, the last bit directed at Lilu. His mouth was still full of doughnut, and he was getting crumbs on Nick's head. He reached into his pocket and took out some stickers.

"Here, if you go I'll give you a sticker." He said, peeling one off of the sheet and trying to put it on Lilu.

Last edited:
Lilu glared indignantly at Officer Mortimer, the bouncy happiness of a few moments ago quickly morphing into anger. Although she was plenty aware that she was doggish in a lot of ways, she was still a person and she hated when she was treated like an animal.

She let her teeth grow and lengthen and bit down on his hand as he held the sticker out to her. Hard.

"Oh come on I haven't even arrived and you guys are already being stopped," Ken whined with a loud groan as he made his way towards where Officer Mortimer and the rest of the PSC were standing. He didn't seem too tired thanks to actually having more energy at night and had his sword strapped to his back for self defense. "What's going on here now weren't going to see what was on that star," he asked curiously, ignoring the officer.

"Haven't you figured it out yet Ken? There's no such thing as a boring moment when two or more of us are within ten feet of each other" Jett commented as he walked up to the group, his entire body seemingly emitting a cold mist, not too different from the vapor produced from exhaling. His skateboard rested under one arm, the other resting idly by his side.

"Bad doggy! Bad! Get him off me!" The officer said. It seemed that he actually thought Lilu was a dog. "Alright, you kids can go on through! If I try to stop you you'll just sneak by anyway. But I should warn you." He had calmed down now, and was taking Lilu biting him very well.

"We're blocking off the forest because a suspect in a burglary got away." Clutching his doughnut in his mouth , he reached into his pocket with his I bitten hand, fishing out a photo. On it was a picture of a man with red hair. He had dark circles under his green eyes, and in the picture he was playing a guitar. "His name's Teddy. He's wanted for assault, burglary, public indecency, and stealing my doughnuts. I'll let you in so long as you promise to not fight him if you meet him."

"Pfft. The forest is huge. No way we'll run into him." Nick scoffed with a wave of his hand. With that, he headed into the forest, in the direction he had seen the meteor fall. "Oh, hi Ken." Nick said, greeting the young vampire.

Victoria knew what she had to do.
"Daddy, Me and my friends are going out to look at the meteor" she said, running outside.

When outside, she ran into a cop that forbade her from entering the woods. With a wave of the wand and the magic words "Bubble Gum in the Dish", she stuck the mans legs to the ground. After that inconvenience, she went on her way to meet the others.

Ray walked over to the others, looking blankly as an empty sheet of paper to the police chief as he rants about... something. They adjust their warm clothing, a force of habit, raising a small hand in greeting to the other members of the one society they deemed necessary to join. Ray follows them as they proceed into the dark 2AM depths of the forest, their eyes pale in the dim.

Upon receiving the message, they had emerged from the bundle of blankets they slept in, fully dressed, and ran to the edge of town to meet with the others. Although relatively mute, they were also excited for this opportunity. Probably.

Last edited:
Lilu laughed a bit to herself, which must have looked extremely strange because she was still half wolf. The man actually thought she was a dog. Okay, now she wasn't even offended. She just found it hilarious.

She padded after Nick into the forest, turning all the way into a wolf for the heck of it. Something about this place reeked of danger and unsettled her. She wanted to be ready for it when it came.

"Hey Nick," Ken greeted back, waving at his friend before smiling as he turned towards the direction of the light. "Looks like we're going to have some fun tonight," he added with confidence before cracking his knuckles. "Though next time it'd probably be best to let the others sleep a little more."

Will yawned, clearly irritable with the abrupt awakening caused by the Meteor.

"Finally, i found you all." He said, sauntering over to the group, "I see we already got gate kept by law enforcement. How irritating..." He looked around impatiently before he said. "So, what are we going to do to overcome this obstacle. Simply go home, or are we going to sneak in? I'd rather go for the latter option since i already went through all the trouble of getting here."

Nick nearly jumped out of his skin when he noticed Ray. Instead, he screamed like a little girl who was less brave than Lilu or Victoria

"Sorry buddy. Didn't see you there." Nick said. He often wondered about Ray. It was hard to read him. Apparently he could talk to ghosts, and while Nick liked him, he was also a little creeped out. And in spite of himself, he was a bit nervous. He tried to pretend he was fearless, but even hearing a scary story made it so he couldn't get out of bed to use the bathroom at night. If he weren't with his friends, he 'd be too scared of the dark forest to even consider going on this caper.

"You're not scared?" Nick asked Victoria. He wasn't trying to make her scared. It was just that when he was her age he'd be terrified. Shortly after saying that, he noticed a strange light up ahead.

"Hey, that's the meteor I think!" Nick said. He broke into a run, and sure enough, in the middle of the woods, there was a crater. Within it sat a huge crystal. It was a pale yellow-green, and glowed unnaturally. It was lucky the forest was still damp from the melted snow. The meteor seemed to have burnt the trees, but there were no fires.

"So...What now?" Nick asked.

"You're going to help me move this." A voice said. A figure climbed out of the crater, doughnut in one hand, guitar in the other. There was no mistaking it. This was the vile fiend who had stolen the doughnuts of the police chief. "My name's Teddy. Better watch out! I'm totally a wanted man! A desperado! A violent criminal! I stole the doughnuts right out from under the nose of the police chief! And I also stole this guitar! And this crazy meteor totally gave me magical powers, so I'm going to steal it and sell it to my boss."

Teddy finished his doughnut, licking his fingers clean of the delicious powdered sugar. He took the guitar's neck in one hand and placed his hand across the cords. He strummed on it, and clouds condensed in the sky.

"Wh..." Leo said, looking up as the clouds above him sparked. Then he was struck by lightning.

"See this?! The meteor' stop heavy for me. So help me move this to my truck or you're all totally toast!" Teddy said.

"1000 K!" Ken screamed instantly, jumping straight for the man as soon as the lightning had struck Nick. He unsheated the sword on his back, turning the switch dial around in order to increase his sword's weight to 1000 kilograms. As soon as he jumped into the air he began falling back, sword drawn as he fell towards the man. "How about a no!"

With the click of a loading mechanism, Will pulled out Algernon, his revolver and took aim at the guitar playing moron, a cold glare in his eyes. "I'd rather be struck by lighting then follow orders from someone as pathetic as you are." He said, his voice cold.

Lilu said nothing, being a wolf and all, but a low growl vibrated her throat and her claws presented themselves at their full length. She snarled in anger. People DIDN'T push her or her friends around like that.

She dashed forward, paws quickly eating up the space in between her and the stupid man who had tried to order her around.

The dimness around Ray's face grows as their gaze narrows. They watch the newfound threat, a soft rustling in their furs as they explore its depths for weaponry, checking the others are doing the same, then continuing their search.

Eventually, two small knives spring from hidden pockets, linked by a short chain. They pause, now in a fighting stance, waiting for the other's first move.

"...!"

"I'm okay!" A charred Nick said, pulling himself up from the ground. He was hurt, but were it not for the training he'd undergone to make himself more durable, he'd probably have been a goner. "Wait, officer Mortimer said we should run if we meet him!" As he spoke, Teddy Began strumming on his guitar. Sparks collected in the clouds overhead, and seconds later, lightning began to rain from the sky. Nick rolled out of the way of one of them, having predicted it hitting him from watching the clouds. Teddy waited until Liru had drawn near, then sidestepped, swinging his guitar at her.

"Ha! I told you! This meteor totally gave me powers! I'm the baddest dude in town now!" He said. As he began to strum his guitar again.

"No, you're some idiot who was pathetic enough that some higher power pitied him" Jett said coldly, running to Teddy and grabbing the neck of the man's guitar with a glowing hand. As he tried to freeze the guitar to keep the man from attacking again, Jett also tried to grab the man's arm with his other hand, intent on freezing the moisture both in it and on it to impair the attacker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom