• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilu was knocked backwards by the impact of the guitar, but she was honestly in better shape than it was. Guitars generally aren't meant to be used as weaponry and they're not terribly durable.

She decided to rethink her approach, pacing quietly around behind the man as Jett occupied him in front. Despite her impeccable hearing, her ears were ringing a bit from the impact the guitar and she didn't hear Nick's shouted warning.

"You twerp! Now I can't play my jammin' tunes!" Teddy said. It was true. His hand was encased in I've as he pulled away. Then he stumbled over Lilu, tripping over her.

"I'm not done yet!" He said. The guitar had fallen on the ground, and he strummed it. Sparks collected over his head. Clearly he had not thought this through, because while he was trying to hit Lilu, it was close enough that it hit him too. And Lilu would probably be able to dodge.

"Does...Does anyone else want his guitar?" Nick asked. Teddy coughed, a nimbus of spot coming from his mouth.

Lilu winced slightly as Teddy tripped over her, but it was gone as quickly as it came when she heard Nick talk.

Does anyone else want his guitar?

Lilu would have smiled if she had a human face to smile with. She leapt forward and fixed her jaws firmly around the neck of the guitar. She immediately took off, quickly dragging the instrument after her like a dog with a bone.

Victoria pouted. "I wanted to be the one to finish him."

Jett smirked as he stood up, moving one arm to his side idly as a staff of ice began to appear, slowly extending into a spear as Jett froze more of the moisture from the air. Once the weapon had finished forming, he walked over to where Teddy was laying on the ground, stabbing the weapon into the ground next to his face before speaking.

"Listen to me carefully. You are going to surrender the meteor and turn yourself in. If you try to do anything, and I mean anything else, I will personally see to it that you suffer slowly and painfully from the worst case of pneumonia that this realm has ever seen. Do I make myself clear?"

"Maybe you could kick him a little?" Nick said to Victoria Ashe watched Jet threaten Teddy.

"Okay! I'll give back the doughnuts..." Teddy said. Footsteps resounded through the forest, as Officer Morton arrived on the scene, along with most of his men.

"I told you kids not to fight him! And now look what you've done!" The police officer said. He pointed to the remains of a charred doughnut box. Apparently it had been hit by lightning. "I'm holding you kids personally responsible! As punishment you have to not tell anyone I let you enter a forest with a dangerous criminal and also tell everyone that I took Teddy down." He began to handcuff Teddy. Officer Morton's deputy, Officer CJ spoke to the kids. He was shorter and thinner than his boss, though neither of those was difficult. Also he had a katana instead of a gun.

"You guys did good. We're going to take the meteor to the ranking Paranaturalist in town. You guys can probably meet him if you want. I hear you're interested in that sort of thing." He said. "Do you want a ride back home?"

Lilu turned herself back into human form, still holding the somewhat battered guitar, and wandered over to where Nick and Officer CJ were talking.

"A real paranaturalist?" she asked curiously. "That sounds pretty great."

Ray nods slowly, the weapons having dissipated back into the undergrowth of their coverings as soon as anyone other than the Society or the strange guitar-wielding lunatic drew near. The blades are neatly scorched from having to be used as a makeshift lightning rod, but undamaged.

Ray ruffles their hair mechanically, adjusting the tufts of white almost imperceptively. They nod with some semblance of enthusiasm as Lilu speaks.
"...Yes..."

Taking Nick's advice to heart, Jett "accidentally" stepped on Teddy's leg as he pulled his spear out of the ground. Smirking to himself, he turned to face Officer CJ, smiling as he said "Sure. We did come here to see this meteor after all, so it only makes sense that we tag along. There is one last bit of business to attend to though...."

At that, he hit Teddy's head with the blunt end of the spear, muttering "That's for threatening me and my friends."

"And I'm keeping your guitar," Lilu added to Teddy, smirking at him. She straightened her wild purple hair back into a bushy ponytail and grinned broadly, showing off her slightly pointed teeth.

The night had gone better than she had expected. When she'd first received the call from Nick, she was sure it wasn't legitimate, but not only was it a real meteor but they'd actually gotten to fight a crazy dude. They'd also handled it pretty well, considering none of them had much experience. She glanced uneasily at Ray out of the corner of her eye. Well, one of them had experience with the supernatural, but they didn't turn out great for it.

Shortly after, CJ drive them at home. They stopped at Burger King for breakfast, though. Nick exited the car, glad that he didn't need to explain to mom why he was being driven home in a police car. He yawned, took off his pants and jacket, then jumped into bed.

Then his alarm went off.

9kjAaA6.png

Despite having recievdd almost no sleep, Nick was fairly alert when he arrived on his bike at the school. Part of it was getting struck by lightning, but they had also helped capture a wanted criminal the previous night. And Paranatural Study Club was meeting today. Still, he didn't notice the giant paper airplane anchored to the roof of the school. He instead headed to first period history.

((So do what you want. I figured we'd have a short breather after the action to do a little character building. Have your dude beat up some bullies. Or kill a teacher. Or talk to the vice principal's horse.))

Victoria started talking to HER horse.

"It's been a good day, Blinky," she said. "We stopped not one, but two bad guys! I even got to finish off the first one with my BubbleGum in the Dish technique"
The horse neighed in apathy.

Ray is sat in the library, sitting mutely at one of the small windowseats. Every few minutes there is a dimming of the small light around them as they blink, seemingly on the verge of sleep.

An old ghost case study, one of few paranatural artifacts donated to the school, is carefully balanced across their lap.

Ken meanwhile was in the school's footbal field training himself. He was weakned due to the fact that the sun had already come out but that didn't stop him from letting out all the energy he had stored from the night before. He threw punches and kicks into the air before spinning around and jumping upward, flipping in mid air before sliding onto the grass once more. He wiped some sweat off his forehead before turning to the football team members that had been staring at him in shock. This caused him to grin to himself and flash them a victory sign, always looking for a chance to show off. He then turned back around and start to do his rounds once more. "Next time I'll get more a chance to show off my skills."

Lilu was sitting in the stables with Victoria, trying to tune her new guitar. It was much harder than she had thought it would be. She paused in her struggles when the horse neighed.

"He says he doesn't care, Vicky." There was a pause and then: "He also wants to eat your hat."

Jett was training in his own way, having skipped his morning classes to go find another fight to win. Even after the events in the forest, he was still itching for more. So, in his mind, it was completely justified to bait a group of bullies into following him to one of the restrooms. To anyone who didn't know any better, he probably would have seemed to be an ideal target, given his extremely pale complexion and seeming lack of fashion sense. However, as one of the last bullies to enter the room closed the door and turned on the faucets, presumably to cover up any sounds of pain, a wicked grin crept across Jett's face. The second he turned around, ice appeared around the edges of the closed door, holding it in place as Jett turned around to face them.

About ten minutes later, the iced-over door opened, with Jett emerging with a baseball bat made of ice held over his shoulder. As the door closed behind him, one could have caught a glimpse of the wreckage of the room, with the faucets having seemingly imploded in an icy burst. All of the bullies were unconscious, scattered around the debris of the room as Jett grabbed the door handle, gripping it until it froze solid and shattered.

Last edited:
A voice resounded over the PA. It was the voice of the school's most feared disciplinarian, Vice Principal Ellery. A powerfully built Hispanic man, his appearance alone was intimidating. He had broad shoulders, strong arms, and a glare that would put Medusa to shame. He had in his hands the microphone for the PA, and next to him an empty box that had once held doughnuts.

"Ray and Ken, please report to the vice principal's office immediately." The announcement echoed in the halls. Nick heard it in class. He hoped that perhaps it was a different Ray and Ken.

"Yes, I do mean that Ray and Ken. There's only one Ray and one Ken in this school." Nick bit his lower lip.

Lilu, having grown bored of talking to Victoria's horse and first hidden the guitar away, then begun doing laps on the track-and-field circuit. One of Lilu's blessings was her speed, and she'd much rather run in massive circles than be in math class, which is where she was supposed to be.

Lilu was unaware of it, but her fondness for running in circles was actually her chasing her tail. Not that anyone dared to tell her that.

She skidded to a halt when she heard the announcement over the intercom, booming out of loud speakers into the sports fields. Uh oh.

Ken stopped his training for a moment as he heard the announcement on the intercom, causing him to raise his head and eyebrow in curiosity. "I hope thisdoesn't mean they found out about me breaking the bendin machine on the second floor," he groaned with annoyance, he hated that bending machine, always making the snacks he asked for get stuck and requiring him to kick it around. He noticed the people in the field looking at him once more after his name was announced so he decided he should move on. He simply walkd towards the entrance of the field and grabbed onto his jacket, putting it on as he allowed his healing mechanism to recuperate his sore muscles and clean his body of the sweat he had built up.

After a few minutes of walking around Ken came in front of the door to the vice principal's office, a nervous and confused expression still on his face as he scratched the back of his head. "Well, might as well," he sighed before knocking on the door.

Ray steps up behind Ken, looking over at him as he knocks.

From the intercom announcement, Ray had calmly replaced their book on the shelves, noting down their page in a journal which is then situated back in their furs. They follow the corridors up to the higher floors, where the vice principal resides.

Suddenly a little concerned, they adjusted their small curls of magically- and unwillingly- bleached white hair into what they hoped was a neather arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom