• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was thirsty, okay?" Nick said to Rose. His memory was jogged, and now he remembered tripping balls. He also remembered Ra was carrying him. Not that he minded a lot, but he felt kinda lazy.

"Um. Ra, you can put me down now." He said, squirming within her grip. At least they wouldn't have to listen to Coolidge anymore.

-----

Later that day, they had boarded the train back home. Nick had a long time to ask the others about what happened. And he had learned he was a lot more effective. That led him to wonder why. He was aware that he was less powerful than the others. And he had come to the conclusion that it was because he was afraid. Every enemy they had faced this far had terrified him. And Nick felt like that had been holding him back. Day had turned to night, and they were nearing home when Nick worked up the courage to approach Ra.

"Thanks for carrying me." He said. Awkward as usual. "Um. I hope I wasn't too heavy." He fidgeted in the seat across from her. Then he finally blurted out his question.

"Ra, I need to become fearless." He said to her. "Can you help me?"

Rose had sat down next to Ken with the bottle in her hand. "I wonder if this'll come in handy at some point." She muttered to her self. She remembered the shard in her bag and took it out.

"He said that this shard could help him rule an army...to dominate the world with this shard? Imagine when they're put together..." She sajd, glancing at Ken.

"I am glad that you asked Rose but no need to worry. These mouth watering twinkie snack cakes are much safer to eat than those freaky soda's from the amusement park." Sid declares as he straps the container in so it will not move around during the trip.

Sid glances at Nick, "Bro, you are plenty brave already as far as I know." But on the other hand Sid was not sure just how fearless Nick wanted to be.

"Speaking of scary things, why are we trying gather up meteor shards again?"

Lilu glanced at Sid. "I'm pretty sure it's because otherwise, crazy people get ahold of them and bad stuff happens. When Coolige said he was going to rule the world, he wasn't exaggerating."

Ray was sprawled out, sleeping off a usage of so much power.
They were on their side, taking up an entire bench-seat, breathing quietly.
They'd used up a lot of energy trying to surpress the summon, unfamiliar with their power, then actually summoning the Batter.
mm... the meteor shards contain a lot of power...

Ra gave a laugh. "You're asking that to a demon with powers to give you nightmares? That's pretty fearless if you ask me." Leaning back, she thought for a moment.

"I create nightmares, I can't help you prevent them. However, I'll tell you this; if you strengthen your mind and acknowledge your fears, you should face them head-on. There's nothing to fear but fear itself."

Jett listened to the others, doing his best to ignore his headache while they spoke. It was still pretty clear that he was recovering from his actions during the fight, but being out of the hot weather was helping a bit. After hearing Ken's remark, he shook his head, saying "I don't think that'll be an issue. From what we've seen, the people who are susceptible to the shards are extremely selfish and deranged, meaning that once the shard gives them powers, they become obsessively set on getting whatever it is they want. I wouldn't expect those kinds of people to work well under a group dynamic."

"Still it does make you wonder since Coolidge was so serious when he had said it...but I can't wait to tell the paras how he gave me the shard and our victory." Rose said, handing the shard over to Ken.

"I'm like glad everyones all right. That victory was like awesome! And I'm totally happy that the animals are happy now." Riley said, standing up and thinking back to the bunny who had told him. "I wonder if the bunny's alright..." he muttered to himself.

Axel had been quietly sitting next to Lulu on his phone, searching up for new headphones and was now on camera, using it to see if his cuts were visible - nope, he was fine.

He glanced at the shard, and heard them speak. grab It, Axel take it - you can take over the world. At first it started off as annoying pleas in the form of whispers, annoying Axel like a fly would no go away he thought. Then they started screaming at him in a chant, TAKE IT, TAKE IT NOW!The chant plagued his brain, taking over his thoughts and actions. Axel had to resist the urge to grab the share.

He started to sweat and tried to distract himself by looking at headphones but the urge was too powerful - he needee help. He turned to Lulu, trying not to look in pain. "Lulu, please electrocute me - not a small one a big one. Don't ask any questions - just do it." He said, pleading with her.

"Normally I'm scared out of my mind. But when I was tripping back there, apparently I was a better fighter." Nick said to Sid. He thought about what Ra said, brow furrowed as they entered the tunnel. Lights lined the top, dimly lighting the inside of the train.

"That's why I'm asking you, Ra. If the only thing to fear is fear itself...Well, um. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are fear itself." Nick wondered if he had just put his foot in his mouth. "What would happen if you used your powers on me, but I decided to face whatever it threw at me?" He asked her.

Lilu glanced at Axel, worry clouding her features. It seemed he was struggling with something invisible. Not only that, but he was begging, almost like he was afraid of whatever the alternative to being shocked might be.

Lilu dug out the remote that the girl had pressed into her hand, and thumbed down the switch to set intensity, glancing at the instructions. She felt bad about shocking her new friend, but what was she supposed to do when he begged to be electrocuted? She tapped the button.

Ra stared at him for a minute, then rubbed the back of her head while giving a nervous chuckle. "Eheh.. I do suppose that's true.. uh.."

"I..still, don't want to...risk it. W-well, you see..." She tried to figure out how to explain it.

"You..um, you.. sort of... die, if you don't...wake up...? Y-yeah, so... I don't... want to...hurt.. or kill.. you...."

Nick was a bit shocked to see Ra like this. Normally she seemed calm and confident, and generally together. He felt like he was seeing a side of her not many had seen before.

"You've tried it before?" He asked. Exiting the cave, the train was surrounded by the coniferous forest that Cedar Peak was named for. Dusk had fallen, and the lights in the train flicked on, bathing the car in a stark white glow. His dark eyes met hers. He was sort of touched she was worried.

"I..did. A long.. time ago." She answered, staring out the window.

Axel yelped in pain as he got elotrecuted, his hair standing up on its ends as he sank into his chair and relaxed, the voices going away. Once it had stopped, Axel smiled dopely.

"Thank you, I feel both thankful and in pain from your actions." Axel told her, before trying to flatten down his hair and cringed. Smoke could be seen coming from the top of his head and his skin was scorched.

Rose overheard Ra and Nick's conversation, and walked over to them. "Sorry to intrude in this conversation, but Ra why don't you go into the nightmare? I could go in with him, keep him company. I also heard rumors that the school's making a fear simulator like the one from divergent but without the needles. All you have to do is walk into a holographic door like thingie and you'll go through it and if you want to get out, all you have to do is say so." Rose suggested.

Ra had gone silent as Rose had wandered over to the pair. After what felt like an eternity, she spoke up, albeit in a mutter.

"It..doesn't work that way. I am unable to enter the nightmare."

"...You can't? I'll go in with him." Rose replied, wondering on her demon friend's limits.

"No two people can experience the same nightmare. As such, the creator of the nightmare cannot control the nightmare. It depends on one's fears. As such.. I am immune to my own power. And it's completely ironic.. Because I fear my own power." She replied, her voice quiet. The scenery outside had apparently been much more interesting than their conversation.

"It's okay. I understand." Nick said. He wasn't good with this sort of thing. He had the impression that Ra was very reserved by nature. For her to even say this much was her putting forth a great deal of trust. He bit his lip. The train's whistle sounded as it ground to a halt. He wanted to comfort her, but he hadn't met her very long ago. So he got up from his seat, looking back at her as he did.

"I don't think you're scary." He said. It was true. He had when he first met her. The horns and claws and teeth were unnerving. But it was funny. It's hard to be nervous around someone after they carry you through the desert and then open up to you like that. Nick turned to the others.

"I'm beat." He said. "I think I'm just going to head home." Through the window, he could see that Officer Mortimer and Officer CJ were outside, ready to arrest Coolidge.

((In other words we're going to the next episode unless you guys want to have your characters do something else.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom