• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paranormal Activity ORAS Edition

Ohh... they better have a good explanation for this one, I hate it whenever random ghosts just appear for no reason and are never explained. (O-old Chateau... shudder...)

c1gT9v9.gif

Nice GIF, @Muur.

I like the theory posted by The Outrage.

Makes sense!

Damn, Phoebe, you be smiling but you're creepy as hell.

Guys, the ghost girl is most likely a reference to the manga, in the manga Phoeboe's sister died and watches over her in battle

This can be found in the comments under the video. That would be kinda cool. Still creepy, but cool.

What if she was one of the casualties?

Now I'm wondering how any other casualties there were...

Well, I'm sure there were quite a few off-screen casualties, but if I'm not mistaken, Phoebe's grandmother is the only character who permanently disappears afterwards. (Even the evil teams show up afterwards.)

New theory: Little girl on Phoebe's throne is her grandmother, who's spirit manifests as a young child.
Guys, the ghost girl is most likely a reference to the manga, in the manga Phoeboe's sister died and watches over her in battle

This can be found in the comments under the video. That would be kinda cool. Still creepy, but cool.

I like both of these theories, because it means that our loved ones never truly leave us (at least, in the Pokémon world!). It's very heartwarming if thought of in that way. Not at all creepy... But that is the sprite of a twin... It makes me wonder who the other twin is...

But that is the sprite of a twin... It makes me wonder who the other twin is...

They just needed a young girl's model. Hugh's sister (as far as we know) doesn't have a twin, but uses the BW Twin sprite. I wouldn't think too much into it~

True, but it's still plenty creepy. And they should definitely have at least 10-15 generic models that go unused except for once or twice. Like Norman's Wife (AKA Caroline in the anime). Her model looks generic as all hell, but no one else ever uses it aside from her (unlike her 3rd Gen. sprite).

I'm inclined to believe that the young girl is Phoebe's sister considering all the other references to other media, but I can't actually find any information on it on Bulbapedia. When is it mentioned?

No evidence towards this, but what if Phoebe's grandmother died trying to save her granddaughter (i.e., Phoebe's sister) during the disaster?

I'm inclined to believe that the young girl is Phoebe's sister considering all the other references to other media, but I can't actually find any information on it on Bulbapedia. When is it mentioned?

No evidence towards this, but what if Phoebe's grandmother died trying to save her granddaughter (i.e., Phoebe's sister) during the disaster?

Then Zinnia's a murderer and Phoebe should use Dusknoir to banish her to the Shadow Realm.

Then Zinnia's a murderer and Phoebe should use Dusknoir to banish her to the Shadow Realm.

[DRAMA INTENSIFIES]

btw, there's this old man in Verdanturf's Pokémon Center, standing in front of the map
am I just weird, is the fact he says something along the lines of 'pokémon contests were popular in verdanturf when i was still alive and kicking'
am i the only one who thinks it sounds a bit freaky?

You wanna know what's paranormal? Wallace's ass. I mean, how does an NPC in a Pokémon game pull that off that level of fabulousness without any repercussions? I'm tellin' y'all right now, that's just not normal.

You wanna know what's paranormal? Wallace's ass. I mean, how does an NPC in a Pokémon game pull that off that level of fabulousness without any repercussions? I'm tellin' y'all right now, that's just not normal.

Scenes like that won't have any repercussions. After all, they don't expose players to "evil" GAMBLING.

btw, there's this old man in Verdanturf's Pokémon Center, standing in front of the map
am I just weird, is the fact he says something along the lines of 'pokémon contests were popular in verdanturf when i was still alive and kicking'
am i the only one who thinks it sounds a bit freaky?

I think "alive and kicking" is more of an idiom for "when I was youthful and active."

To me personally, Hoopa using it's gigantic rings and multi-armed Unbound Forme (possibly) to be the most likely cause as to why a good 20 something Legendaries from outside of Hoenn appear in OR/AS through the use of golden rings with black holes within them is either Hoopa playing some sick joke by summoning catastrophic level Legendary Pokemon (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina), completely trying to screw over Unova's own plots (Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem), attempting to possibly invoke Darkrai (Cresselia), summoning the Birds of the Sea or Sky in a place above the water with a notorious history (Lugia or Ho-Oh), awakening massive gale storms of winds or thunder (Tornadus or Thundurus), or simply flat out displacing the natural order of maintaining peace in Sinnoh (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf), or simply trying to be an absolute jerk by forcefully dragging the nomad Legendaries into one spot (The Legendary Beasts and the Swords of Justice).

Again when you consider Hoopa Unbound is outright massive in height, and has all the manpower needed to pull off some of these tricks (It's BST is 680), and the fact it's already known to steal many things or simply screw a bunch of people over (Steals castles, and warps an entire criminal base into a barren desert). Hoopa is VERY much a dangerous Pokemon to come across if you just so happen to have something of important value in one way or another that'll cause Hoopa to drag you into a portal, and then toss you into some unknown location when you least expect it. I'm pretty sure all of the Legendaries who were teleported to Hoenn because of Hoopa were probably freaked out beyond all reasoning when Hoopa decided to forcefully drag them away from their natural habitats, and then place them all across Hoenn as some practical joke of extreme levels.

Scenes like that won't have any repercussions. After all, they don't expose players to "evil" GAMBLING.

I'm kind of ok with that level of fabulousness. Wallace may not be confirmed gay, but it's very likely and it's about time we got an LGBT character in Pokémon. I mean, it took five years (from R/G to C) to get female PC's and it took almost 15 (from R/G to B/W) to get black NPC's. Nice to know gay was their next step. Pokémon is about making sure everyone feels included, and while I'm not the level of flawless that Wallace is, I'm glad that I'm (somewhat) represented in the PokéWorld. And by a Champion, no less lol

I was told that at Mt. Pyre the ghost girl from XY is there. I can't check right now, is that true or just bollocks?

Sig quote material, right there.

I was told that at Mt. Pyre the ghost girl from XY is there. I can't check right now, is that true or just bollocks?

Well, there's a Hex Maniac (stationary) who says 'No... you're still not the one' (or a very close variation)
But nothing else really happens, she doesn't disappear or anything

What they need to do is come up with a new game that solves all these mysteries, and then some.

Pocket Monsters: WHO YOU GONNA CALL?? *cues theme music*

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom