• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Parasect vs. Breloom vs. Amoonguss

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
047.png
vs.
Spr_5b_286.png
vs.
Spr_5b_591.png

Battle of the Fungi!

Who is stronger?
Who is cooler?
Who is more useful?

Discuss and vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Parasect vs. Breloom vs. Morobareru

This one isn't even a contest. Breloom is a beast! Parasect is just too weak, and the other one is a gimmick. Breloom not only has good typing (imo), but even in Gen 3 he had an awesome movepool. I love the way he looks too.

Breloom hands down. Spore + Focus Punch FTW!

I'm a fan of Breloom, everything about it is good, IMO, and he looks hella better than the others.

All three of the mushroom Pokemon does have a few things in common. Besides the Grass type, they all have the ability to learn Spore, which is already a great privilege itself.

Alright, let's start with Parasect. He is a strange Grass-type, because he absolutely hates Sun, which is not the case of the other Grass-types, thanks to his Dry Skin ability and his extreme weakness to Fire-types in general. He is also very slow, and even Agility is not enough to aid his speed that much. I heard that he had quite a niche in the Ubers metagame due to how much he benefits from rain and Water (and his extreme resistance to Ground helps too), so I guess he has some uses. To me, he's a Pokemon with a niche.

Next, Breloom. He is a very powerful attacker, thanks to the high base Attack. He also gets Poison Heal and Technician, which are great defensive and offensive abilities respectively, which he can use. When a Pokemon gets to sleep, he can proceed to do certain things to give trouble to the opponent, like initiate a Focus Punch, set up a Substitute or even use Swords Dance, so Spore really helps him become one of the most dangerous Pokemon around.

Morobareru is next. Of all the Spore Pokemon, he has the best defensive typing, and even his stats support his defensive type. He may be slow, but at least he can take hits. He not only have Spore, but also Anger Powder to help him. Parasect gets this too, but he can make use of it better than him/her. Unlike Breloom, he's also a more defensive-minded Pokemon, since he has the tools to go defensive and support, like Regeneration, Anger Powder, Clear Smog, Ingrain and Synthesis. Like Parasect, he's slow, so his speed shouldn't be his concern.

It a tie between Breloom and Morobareru, because they have useful niches to explore. However, I go for the newer mushroom Morobareru because he looks to have potential, and not to mention that funny cry of his.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Pokemon Mushroom ftw.

Breloom. It makes it safe to use grass types.

No contest whatsoever. Breloom is awesome! It has a good movepool, and it looks way cooler than the other ones do.

Breloom; no competition there. It's cute, can use Spore + Focus Punch to its advantage, and overall very useful.

Morobareru looks like a penis.

Breloom pisses me off when it fricking spores me and then focus punches my shit.

Parasect is actually one of my favorite Pokemon, it's so unappreciated it makes me sad. Look at how cute it is!

I believe my Breloom is awesome, so I vote for Breloom. Plus half fighting adds to it's cool factor. :ksmile:

I prefer Breloom. It looks cute and it's actually quite powerful.
I kinda like Parasect but not too much, and Morobareru annoys me...

Breloom. One of the few Grass types that has seen its day in my Emerald team.
As for looks, however, I like Parasect better. To bad he just faints...to everything.
@Morobareru: I dont know anything about this mon.

I don't know much abou the new Mushroom so I can't say anything about it... However between Parasect and Breloom. Breloom is far more useful. Way better Typing (Minuys the 4x's weakness to Flying is better then a 5x's weakness to Fire.)

Plus Breloom get's Access to Stone-Edge, Rock-Slide and Rock-Tomb to take care of Flying and Fire types and Fling for Psychic types... SO all in all he is by far the winner. Plus he resists six types to Parasects 5 (Though two are 1/4th damage)

I really dont give a crap that Breloom is stronger. Parasect is awesome.

Who is stronger?
Fighting 'Shroom.
Who is cooler?
Elasti-shroom.
Who is more useful?
Fighting Elasti-shroom.

Breloom wins hands down. For these reasons:
I prefer Breloom. It looks cute and it's actually quite powerful.
As for looks, however, I like Parasect better. To bad he just faints...to everything.
Breloom is far more useful. Way better Typing (Minuys the 4x's weakness to Flying is better then a 5x's weakness to Fire.)

Who is stronger?
Fighting 'Shroom.
Who is cooler?
Elasti-shroom.
Who is more useful?
Fighting Elasti-shroom.

Breloom wins hands down. For these reasons:

Plus Breloom has several moves to take out his weakness (He gets' Stone Edge and Rock-Slide to take out Flying and Fire which is his key weakness' plus he can have fling to take out Psychic types)

Edit Hell... Rock types take out Ice types as well... SO STone-Edge/Rock-slide can take out THREE of it's Five weakness...

Parasect utteraly fails in that respect as it doesn't really get anything to help it outwith it's weakness... plus 409bst?

Last edited:

Breloom is by far one of the greatest pokemon of all time

spore+Stab focas punch+subistut

while the foe is asleep posion heal will heal it up from the subsitut

Breloom is the clear winner here. Better typing (that, until Gen V, was unique, I think. Even now, it's only shared by a legendary Pokemon), better offensive stats, a crazy extreme synergy between his ability, his movepool, his stats and the Toxic/Life Orb. He's the very definition of a niche Pokemon (Spore Punching with Poison Healing Breloom is pretty much all you'll see) but damn if he doesn't fill that niche to an extremely effective degree.

Parasect, on the other hand, has two 4x weaknesses (which cancel out his two 4x resists), horrible speed, a really low BST and a mediocre niche in Ubers.

Morobareru has an overly used type combo and is outclassed by plenty of those others. Namely, Venusaur, Roserade and Vileplume.

Breloom is the clear winner here. Better typing (that, until Gen V, was unique, I think. Even now, it's only shared by a legendary Pokemon), better offensive stats, a crazy extreme synergy between his ability, his movepool, his stats and the Toxic/Life Orb. He's the very definition of a niche Pokemon (Spore Punching with Poison Healing Breloom is pretty much all you'll see) but damn if he doesn't fill that niche to an extremely effective degree.

Parasect, on the other hand, has two 4x weaknesses (which cancel out his two 4x resists), horrible speed, a really low BST and a mediocre niche in Ubers.

Morobareru has an overly used type combo and is outclassed by plenty of those others. Namely, Venusaur, Roserade and Vileplume.

... WOW we actually agree on something. You forgotthat one of his weakness to Fire can be a 5x's weakness... Plus Breloom can at least take out 3 of his weakness (Flying/Ice/Fire) with Stone-Edge and Rock-Slide while Parasect can't do anything of note against his many weakness

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom