Version 1.2.0 will also be adding some new functionality to players Pokémon Boxes, include making it easier to change various elements of a Pokémon from their summary pages, and to quickly swap out held items when in the Held Items view.
The most awaited changes with this update however relate to bug fixes, addressing a variety of the issues that have plagued the games since their release. A full list of these can be found in the official changelog below, but some of the highlights include:
- Fixes to Tera Raid Battles, including where an opposing Tera Pokémon's HP gauge may not properly reflect damage, and where players temporarily are unable to enter any input when a Tera Pokémon takes certain actions while the player is selecting their target.
- Fixes to an issue that was preventing some players from participating in Ranked Battles following Ranked Battles Season 1.
- Pokémon originally caught by the trainer, that are traded back via Link Trade after having originally been traded away, will now properly listen to players commands based on the level they were originally caught at.
- Additional entries for Pokémon species that were registered in the Pokédex (e.g entries for Shiny Pokémon and Pokémon from other languages) will now properly display.
Once the update becomes available, players can follow these steps to download the update:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- From the HOME Menu, select the icon for the software you wish to update without starting the game or application.
- Press the + or - Button on your controller, then select Software Update followed by Via the Internet.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Official changelog said:Ver. 1.2.0 (Scheduled for end of February 2023)
Thank you for playing the Pokémon series.
Below are some details regarding the version 1.2.0 update planned for release in late February 2023 for the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games.
With this update, we are planning to add features to Pokémon Boxes and fix bugs that affect game progress, among other updates. We will continue to take your feedback very seriously and take measures to improve your gameplay experience.
- Additional functionality will be added for Pokémon Boxes:
- From a Pokémon’s summary, players will be able to change Pokémon’s nicknames, markings, held items, and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves, have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.
- Players will be able to swap out held items by pressing the Y Button when in the Held Items view.
- Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokémon or items in the Party and Boxes view and Held Items view.
- When in the Battle Team view, Pokémon in your Boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons displayed in a darker hue if those Pokémon are members of the Battle Team that is currently being displayed.
- The News screen will be displayed when you connect to the internet from the main menu, just as it is when connecting to the internet from the Poké Portal.
Tera Raid Battles
- A bug that can prevent an opposing Tera Pokémon’s HP gauge from properly reflecting damage done by certain moves (such as Play Rough) or certain status conditions may occur in Tera Raid Battles, resulting in the Tera Pokémon’s HP gauge fluctuating in an unusual manner. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes all Pokémon on your side to faint at once despite their HP gauges indicating that they still have HP may occur in black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark. This will be fixed.
- A bug that can temporarily prevent a player from entering any input into the game may occur if a Tera Pokémon takes certain actions while the player is choosing the target of their move. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes a communication error may occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen than what the host sees. This will be fixed.
- A bug may occur that causes players joining a Tera Raid Battle from the Tera Raid Battles search screen to be brought to a Tera Raid Battle against a Pokémon different from the one they saw displayed. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to not appear for a set amount of time may occur under certain circumstances. This will be fixed.
- Type matchups against Pokémon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
- A Zoroark that has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark by using the Check Target option. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- When a Zoroark has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability, the type matchups of moves are displayed based on the type of the Pokémon that Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark’s Tera Type. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- The stats of a Dondozo with a Tatsugiri in its mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Order Up, even when the move should have been negated (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is a bug and will be fixed.
- If a Pokémon Terastallizes after using Destiny Bond and then faints, the effects of Destiny Bond will fail to activate. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.
- When a Pokémon that is not a part of the Paldea Pokédex is obtained through a Link Trade, it is displayed as being registered to the Paldea Pokédex. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- Certain actions can cause the main character’s expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will be fixed.
- A bug occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, wherein visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately after the season’s results had been calculated caused a communication error right after these players received their rewards. Following this error, players were unable to participate in any further Ranked Battles. This will be fixed.
- If a player has created several Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles, they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning Ranked Battles in the Master Ball Tier. This will be fixed.
- When a Pokémon you caught comes back to you from another player through Link Trade, it may not listen to your commands in accordance with what is written in the profile app (“Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to your commands”). This will be fixed.
- A bug is preventing the Pokédex from displaying additional entries (such as entries for Shiny Pokémon or Pokémon that were received through Surprise Trade from players that play in a different language) for Pokémon species that were already registered in the Pokédex. This will be fixed.
- Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed.
- Passersby will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story.
- Other select bug fixes will be implemented.
- We are planning further features and bug fixes not listed in these patch notes. Please check back here for full details when the update data is distributed.
- Update contents and details are subject to change.