• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Path to the Peak Webseries

SammyW27

Reaction score

Looks like it could be cute. Arceus knows it'll be interesting seeing a protag with the Oddish line as their partner! And it's amusing to hear Zemo again. :LOL:

Though Yugi's ears are burning...

The downside is I just KNOW it'll be about 10 minutes long. Let's just hope they make the most of it like most PokeShorts do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why no bigger discussion? Is it cause it doesn't look like a regular anime production?

The direct explicitly said it was a series so even if the format is short there will be many episodes to look forward to.

The animation looks very cute and it fits Pokemon very well, feels like a refined version of the one in the Bidoof short. It's nice to have a woman protagonist too. Also this is the second animated production after the Chinese short where the Pokemon are fictional and it takes place in the real world, it makes me wonder if that's the direction the franchise will take eventually.

Also this is the second animated production after the Chinese short where the Pokemon are fictional and it takes place in the real world, it makes me wonder if that's the direction the franchise will take eventually.

I wouldn't read into it too deeply. There's a number of manga with that exact same premise.

Episode 1 is up.

Cast -

Ava - Nyara Afshar
Joshua - A.J. Beckles
Celestine/Pokémon Club Member #1 - Abby Espiritu
Dad - Mick Lauer
Mom - Nazia Chaudhry

Additional Voices -

A.J. Beckles
Nazia Chauhdry
Abby Espiritu
Mick Lauer
Kevin Andrew Rivera

Recorded at Bang-Zoom Entertainment and voice directed by Kathy Pilon.

That was cute. A little on the silly side (every student is a member of one of FOUR clubs? And who the heck is into archery and beekeeping in the first place?), but still amusing, mainly thanks to Ava being so adorkable.

Though I'm VERY intrigued at the prospect of her working her way up the ladder. ESPECIALLY since the poster makes it look like Groudon is the final boss, and there ain't NO way she's defeating it with a Vileplume. That would be worse when ANY time Pikachu took out a Legendary/Mythical :eek:. I just hope a villain doesn't seal her dad's soul in a card...<.<

Though say...what IS the release schedule for episodes anyway? Are they doing it weekly (or even monthly) like most PokeShorts, or is it an episode a day to coincide with the PWC? :unsure:

I'm already hooked. The animation was very nice and I loved Ava and Joshua's personalities. Full disclosure: I never played the TCG, so I have no idea if it was depicted accurately, but I thought the explanation of the basics was nice and made things easy to understand.

every student is a member of one of FOUR clubs? And who the heck is into archery and beekeeping in the first place?
It's possible that there are more clubs besides the ones shown. With how short the episode was it makes sense that there wasn't time to show them all. Also, while beekeeping definitely seems like a stretch for a school club, I have seen at least a few schools that have archery, so it's not that farfetch'd.

Cast -

Ava - Nyara Afshar
Joshua - A.J. Beckles
Celestine/Pokémon Club Member #1 - Abby Espiritu
Dad/Announcer - Mick Lauer
Mom - Nazia Chaudhry
Tonio - Kevin Andrew Rivera

Additional Voices -

A.J. Beckles
Nazia Chauhdry
Abby Espiritu
Mick Lauer
Kevin Andrew Rivera

So...does this mean Ava's Oddish is fully evolved now? :unsure:

Episode 2 was nice, though they already played all anime tournament tropes that exist so I wonder how they are going to make the Nationals and the World Championships look fresh.

So...does this mean Ava's Oddish is fully evolved now? :unsure:
In the TCG you start every match with Basic stage Pokemon and you evolve it as the match progresses. I think we could see it evolving into Bellosom in some future match.

Episode 2 was nice, though they already played all anime tournament tropes that exist so I wonder how they are going to make the Nationals and the World Championships look fresh.

The poster shows a team of players in hoodies and Groudon, so there are those.

...and just hope the final battle isn't against Mewtwo A*BEEP*GAIN.

In the TCG you start every match with Basic stage Pokemon and you evolve it as the match progresses. I think we could see it evolving into Bellosom in some future match.
Ah. I was wondering how that works. Thank you :)

Again. The pokemon company likely owns all the 4kids songs, and they don't use the Jason Paige rendition of the first opening because they've been in legal issues with them before.

Who else was singing along.

WE ALL LIVE... IN A POKEMON WORLD!!!

I love how the kids were embarresed with the dad, but then eventually sang louder than him.

Its the same thing that happened to me and my friends when we were watching the PWC finals and when Ash won, someone started singing the theme song and we all went along with it... because why not. But we changed something as well... instead of singing I want to be the greatest master of them all... we all sang: HE IS THE GREATEST MASTER OF THEM ALL!.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom