• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paul vs Tobias, could Paul have done better?

Would Paul do better?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben 10

It's hero time!
Reaction score
I have always wondered if Paul could have done better then Ash had he battle Tobias instead. Both of them were 2 of the strongest Sinnoh League Trainers and outside their battles with Ash they were both untouchable. How do you think a battle between the two would turn out?

Last edited:
I think Paul might've been able to take down at least Darkrai, but I don't know about Darkrai and Latios unless he got lucky or maybe had a well thought-out strategy to take both down. But he wouldn't have known Tobias had a Latios unless he could research all of the competitors' Pokémon in the League's computers.

Most definitely Paul, because Tobias was nothing more than an ass-pull from the writers to get to Best Wishes faster and on time. I honestly think Paul would destroy Tobias in a battle, regardless of what Pokemon they use, they'd just be considered wimps to Paul.

There are too many variables to say for sure, but I think Shinji would have done comparatively well against Takuto. Shinji's major advantage, I suppose, is that he's a strategist, compared to Satoshi who is more of a tactician, so there's a chance that he could have thought up an effective strategy against Darkrai... but having a Latios was so universally unexpected, I doubt Shinji would have been prepared for him to have one. So my prediction is that Shinji managed to KO Darkrai, but Latios is a little less certain. My best guess is that he either fails to KO, pulls off the same result as Satoshi, or manages to KO, but at the expense of every Pokemon but one of them. Satoshi and Shinji proved, to me, that they are on the same level and, honestly, they should have fought in the final round, rather than in the quarter finals, so I can't really see there being a marked difference in their performance against Takuto.

While its true paul couldn't even faint a single regi brandon actually switched so I say he could take out darkrai and latios and lose to entei which I assume is the 3rd by the OP.

Unless Paul has the power of friendship I don't see his Pokemon breaking out of Dark Void and while Paul can prepare for Tobias who's to say Tobias wouldn't prepare for Paul.

I doubt it. No one else could take out Darkrai so Paul probably couldn't.

Lmao I botched and voted the wrong one.

Paul would have Thought of a Strategy to Beat Trollbias's Darkrai I Think and if he beat the Nightmare Pokemon, he would have had to Just Use whatever Pokemon he has on His Team and See what TrollBias's Second Pokemon would Be.

I don't know about Latios, but I'm sure at least Darkrai would've gone down.

Because unlike Ash, Paul chooses pokemon he thinks are worthy in terms of power and battle abilities. Either Electivire or Ursaring would've KO'd Darkrai.

I think Paul would definitely do at least as good as Ash. If he knows Tobias has a Latios and prepared for it, he would definitely do better. Ash kind of prepared to fight Tobias by leading with Heracross and while that didn't do him much good against Darkrai, I think the power of Paul's team would produce better results.

Unless Paul has the power of friendship I don't see his Pokemon breaking out of Dark Void and while Paul can prepare for Tobias who's to say Tobias wouldn't prepare for Paul.

What does Tobias need to prepare for? He can win battles through sheer power alone. He certainly didn't prepare for his battle with Ash.

Back
Top Bottom