• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paul's Family?!?

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
(I hate calling him Paul...dang, why couldn't they choose something more-suiting?)

When we get to Veilstone, will we end up meeting them?

What will their opinion on Ash be?

Will we discover a bad influence for Paul/Shinji?

An interesting plot would be giving Paul a sister who obsesses over Ash in my opinion. XD

And his parents counting on Ash to teach him the true value of Pokémon is almost a given if they turn out to be good people.

But giving Paul a backstory in which his family treated him like garbage and/or abandoned him as a baby/small child, thus giving him a bad outlook on life, may be interesting too...

What do you guys think?

I definately want to see how Paul turned out like he did.

Maybe he is related to Maylene since everybody in this show seems to be in a Gym Leader family. *Looks at Bulbapedia article* Her father is a gambler and Maylene doesn't see how she became the leader.... Wow, that could be one messed up family. Now I'll just make his mother J to finish it off.

The characters in the Pokemon anime never seem to have that, really, detailed backstories.

But from the looks of what we've seen so far in the Japanese episodes, Paul is gonna have more revealed history then Ash may ever will.

Or perhaps the anime will disregard Paul when they get to Veilstone?

Since he's already a Silver clone, they should just go the whole way imo and either make him Giovanni's child, or Akagi's child.

That would be quite interesting though.

"My father's a Frontier Brain, so I had every right to be an ass towards you."

Last edited:
The characters in the Pokemon anime never seem to have that, really, detailed backstories.
Backstories don't tend to be that much detailed (though we do get to see the important parts, such as the reason for Misty's fear of Gyarados and why May disliked Pokémon at first) but many of the characters do have interesting families.

Probably, as pretty much every Pokemon Parent sucks.

Can't wait to see how Byron treats Roark. :[

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom