• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pause Menu and the Bottom Screen.

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
CnNYxocVIAA7s-I.jpg:small

As we can see here, this is the pause menu, or at least it should be. The reason for this thread is to discuss how it might work, as there are 3 interesting things to note.
-No settings button. All the traditional options are there bar the settings menu.
-What should be there is the Pokemon Amie option. Something that was previously a bottom screen feature that was always there is now in the pause menu.
-Secondly, there is an arrow in the top right corner of the screen and what is obviously a page indicator confirming that there is a second page of options. That should include the settings. But what else?
-Lastly, we know the room Dex is an always on feature if you choose. However it does not have the six button shortcut feature that gen 6 had.
Does does that mean there is no shortcut feature, or is there a new main screen for the bottom screen? OR does the pause menu always stay on, with the 12 or less options popping up as always on features before going into further options? Like do we have an always on Pokemon screen which goes dial screen for the status page, or perhaps an instant bag menu? Gonna be interesting to see how they structured it.

there's actually an (X) button visible in the lower left if you look through the trailer again. clearly this is the menu brought up by X and RotomDex likely occupies the bottom screen when closed; the Treehouse footage confirms this anyways since they said something like "we don't have the RotomDex right now so that's why the bottom screen is just black."

Right. Which is weird cause then that would mean you have to pause gameplay and select a different option to view the proper Dex.

When I was looking at the screenshot from the Japanese trailer. The bottom left option doesn't say Trainer card but Trainer pass. I'm not sure if that's significantly different or not. The other option on the bottom right says Poke Rifure(?). I think that might be an upgraded Pokémon Amie.

When I was looking at the screenshot from the Japanese trailer. The bottom left option doesn't say Trainer card but Trainer pass. I'm not sure if that's significantly different or not. The other option on the bottom right says Poke Rifure(?). I think that might be an upgraded Pokémon Amie.
Rifure is the Japanese word for reflation. Not sure what to make of that. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet something similar to Super Training is on the next menu. At least I hope something like it is there, but since Pokemon-Amie is back, something like it will be there.

Ct8VWtrWIAEn0hr.jpg

Ct8VczlXEAE9cIM.jpg
Nothing groundbreaking or major in terms of news, but hey, we finally have a look at the menus! Like suspected, its two whole pages, and it seems to update as more features pour in. Also offers notifications for stuff as seen with that ! Icon. If anyone is wondering-

First Page:
Pokemon
Pokedex
Bag
Save
Online Communications
Festival Plaza

Second Page:
Trainer Pass
Poke Pelago
Pokemon Comfort
QR Codes
Battle Vids
Settings

Seeing how some of these options are looking like quick buttons, I wonder if its in any form customizable. Also, it indeed is a stamp over the trainer pass, so I wonder if it gets filled in with trial stamps to npte completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two pages...didn't expect that but that is pretty neat in my opinion. Guess they needed room for the extra things on the menu.

Ct8VWtrWIAEn0hr.jpg

Ct8VczlXEAE9cIM.jpg
Nothing groundbreaking or major in terms of news, but hey, we finally have a look at the menus! Like suspected, its two whole pages, and it seems to update as more features pour in. Also offers notifications for stuff as seen with that ! Icon. If anyone is wondering-

First Page:
Pokemon
Pokedex
Bag
Save
Online Communications
Festival Plaza

Second Page:
Trainer Pass
Poke Pelago
Pokemon Comfort
QR Codes
Battle Vids
Settings

Seeing how some of these options are looking like quick buttons, I wonder if its in any form customizable. Also, it indeed is a stamp over the trainer pass, so I wonder if it gets filled in with trial stamps to completion.

Nice.

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought the design had changed from the first time we saw it, but no, it's still the same, it's just that there's new buttons, which makes sense, as the menu has always added buttons as features are unlocked. It makes sense for the wifi features to not be immediately active since they would be useless until you can get pokemon for yourself anyway. Though it's odd that the Refresh is a default button when you need pokemon for that, too. Maybe they've changed the rules since the minigames aren't a part of Refresh anymore, so you don't need 3 pokemon, you could theoretically only have one. (that would make me happy, it's a pain to have to catch random pokemon just to use the Amie) However, the way the 6th gen did it, it made it easier to transition to trading on the fly, as you could do it as soon as you had pokemon. Perhaps it's only a small amount of time in which the buttons are not available during the tutorial, and it's possible to not encounter trainers or wild pokemon on the way. (other than the rival or whatever it is we're fighting for the tutorial) I'm not too sure what the threshold for that should be or even if there needs to be one since we can trade any time now.

We don't know if the footage from the ad had more than 1 pokemon or not though.

For all we know the test footage or demo they used could have had all three starters (if an internal demo separate from the special public demo) or maybe even all 6 slots filled (if a test). "Footage not final" can mean a lot of things.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom