• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pawmot to be distributed in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet from March 13th to commemorate the physical CD & LP release of YOASOBI's Biri-Biri in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
YOASOBI x Pokémon Biri Biri Pawmot announcement graphic
A special distribution of Pawmot has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. This Pawmot, which is based on Nemona's Pawmot as seen in the music video of the YOASOBI song Biri-Biri, is being released to celebrate the song's physical CD & LP release in Japan. The Mystery Gift code for this Pokémon will be released on the Japanese official Pokémon Website around Midday (JST) / 3:00am (UTC) on March 13th, with this distribution remaining available to redeem until February 28th next year.

YOASOBI's Pawmot
This Pawmot will always be female, with the Electric Tera Type. Its Ability, IVs and OT are not yet known. Given there exists an official English version of Biri-Biri, it is possible the OT of the Pokémon will vary depending on the language set in the player's game when the Pokémon is received.

YOASOBI's Ayase said:
パーモットは、僕が『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』をプレイした際に1番最初の「旅パーティ」に入れていたくらい思い入れのあるポケモンです。今回書き下ろしをした「Biri-Biri」という楽曲は、原作小説にも登場するパモが進化したパーモットを中心に作りました。
Pawmot is a Pokémon that I am so attached to, I put it into my first party for my journey when I played Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The song "Biri-Biri," which I wrote for this project, is centered around a Pawmot which is the evolved version of the Pawmi that appears in the original novel.

『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』や『ゼロの秘宝』をプレイしている方も、これからプレイする方も、楽曲や原作小説の世界観を感じながら、パーモットをぜひ旅のお供にして可愛がってくれたらなと思います。
For those who have played Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and the Treasures of Area Zero, as well as those who will play them in the future, I hope that you will cherish Pawmot as your travelling companion while feeling the world of the music and the original novel.

Biri-Biri was directly inspired by After the Rain With You (きみと雨上がりを Kimi to Ameagari o), the original short novel based on the games that was released as a free-to-read web novel in Japan last year, with physical booklets being distributed for a limited time at Pokémon Center stores across Japan. After the Rain With You was written by Ayano Takeda, best known as the author of the Sound! Euphonium novel series.

YOASOBI is a partnership betweeen musican, composer and producer Ayase, and singer-songwriter ikura. Their slogan is "novel into music" (小説を音楽にする, shōsetsu o ongaku ni suru), with the pair having gotten their start together releasing music based on short stories from the Monogatary.com creative writing website. Biri-Biri marks the first time that they have collaborated with a video game to produce a song, but given the connection with After the Rain With You, this latest collaboration is very much in line with the band's history. YOASOBI is best known internationally for their hit song Idol, which earlier this year became highest charted Japanese act of all time on the Billboard Global 200, as well the first J-pop song to top the Billboard Global Excl. US.

The timing of this announcement is quite interesting, given that the final song of the Project VOLTAGE special art and music collaboration project between Pokémon and the popular Volcaloid character Hatsune Miku is due to be released today, March 9th, at 6:30pm (JST) / 9:30am (UTC) / 1:30am (PST). YOASOBI's Ayase is a noted Vocaloid producer, releasing their debut song with Hatsune Miku, Sentensei Assault Girl (先天性アサルトガール), on Christmas Eve in 2018. Their most recent Vocaloid release was HERO, which premiered on June 30th last year on the Ayase / YOASOBI YouTube channel.

Sources
Archaic

Archaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom