• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PC Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know why it's sexist but I'm bad at explaining things.

First, I fixed your typo and second, can you tell me why the part is sex?

Well you see when a mommy and a daddy love eachother very much...

I am talking about in universe the parents are which parents of the protagonists.

Norman: When either player is chosen, May/Sapphire (and Max) only in anime and Brendan/Ruby only in Adventures and Masters

Johanna: When either player is chosen, Dawn/Platinum only in anime and Lucas/Diamond only in Adventures and maybe Masters.

Grace: When either player is chosen, Serena/Y only in anime and Adventures and Calem/X only in maybe Masters.

Er, Bulbapedia has two seperate pages for Leaf (game) and Green (game). Leaf's page doesn't redirect to Green's.

But in the Fandom wikia, Green and Leaf are referred to the same.

But in the Fandom wikia, Green and Leaf are referred to the same.
That would be because the Fandom Wikia really, really sucks.

Anyway, I can put an end to this conversation, right here, right now:

Selene, Elio, Chase, Elaine, Victor, and Gloria are the names the fabdom uses to refer to the pcs in SM/USUM, LGPE, and SwSh. The names were in the promotional material and when the next game comes out we'll use the names in that promotional material too (unless they appear as NOCs in which case, we won't). This isn't changing any time soon so I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with it. End of discussion.

That would be because the Fandom Wikia really, really sucks.

Anyway, I can put an end to this conversation, right here, right now:

Selene, Elio, Chase, Elaine, Victor, and Gloria are the names the fandom uses to refer to the pcs in SM/USUM, LGPE, and SwSh. The names were in the promotional material and when the next game comes out we'll use the names in that promotional material too (unless they appear as NOCs in which case, we won't). This isn't changing any time soon so I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with it. End of discussion.

You can do what you want. All I'm saying we need to contact people to confirm this. And hey! Imagine if someone said THESE wikias sucked, how would you feel? I rarely do the Pkn Fandom wikia because it isn't updated. I do more of Annoying Orange or Let's Go! Luna.

Says you.

They also use Tom and Jane. Why can’t they be used in placeholders.

They are also used in SwSh promos like Nintendo Treehouse.

Before I discovered they were different characters, I thought they were Bede and Marnie.

Imagine if someone said THESE wikias sucked
I'm not a regular Bulbapedia Contributor. I only really check it occasionally otherwise I don't use wikis much (except for TV Tropes. It ruined my life.). It's not like it's a personal attack against me.

Also, the proper term is wiki, not wikia. Wikia is another name for Fandom (the website, not the term), wiki is the name of individual information repositories, whether they are part of Fandom/Wikia or not.

They also use Tom and Jane. Why can’t they be used in placeholders.
Because Victor and Gloria have already been ingrained in the Pokemon Fandom's collective consciousness.

Because Victor and Gloria have already been ingrained in the Pokemon Fandom's collective consciousness.

Can’t anyone be patient?

Can't you just get over it? We call them Victor and Gloria. You can't change that and you can't win this argument. Give up already, dude.
You're saying this as if people weren't calling them that almost since the start.

You win. But seriously, what about other non NPC players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom