• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PE02: The Eclipse

Lunala is my favorite Legendary Pokémon, if my signature didn't suggest so haha, so I was just elated to see that incredible battle sequence between it and Necrozma - I've replayed it several times; so much better than how the main anime handled it. In particular, I loved how Air Slash and Phantom Force were animated. And they really captured the brutish and visceral nature of Necrozma that Lusamine and Guzma were so terrified of; admittedly, I found it a bit off-putting - but I suppose that's a good thing the animation evoked such feelings? The whole thing brought to mind the fight between Mega Rayquaza and Deoxys from Generations, which was equally well done.

That aside, like others mentioned, this was more or less an animation retelling of in-game events, and didn't really contribute anything novel; so, that was a tad bit disappointing. Still, I really enjoyed it though, much more than the first episode. The visuals were stunning, Lillie's VA was eons better than whatever that was supposed to be in the main anime (and I really liked Lusamine's too), and one of my favorite gameplay narratives was done the justice it deserved when brought to the bigger screen.
That said, I would have liked it if they had revealed which Pokemon Selene was sending out to battle Necrozma: even just a fully evolved Alola Starter would have been nice though admittedly if I had to pick which starter I would have gone with Decidueye if only just to make up for the awful treatment it got in the main anime
Funny enough, she has a Decidueye in the manga, so it would have been doubly nice for that reason; triple if you consider it being my favorite Starter Pokémon, haha. But yes - it's always good to see a Starter Pokémon when we can, especially for lines that are underutilized within the main media.

In particular, I loved how Air Slash and Phantom Force were animated.
Fun fact: Nebby had the exact same moveset here as the Lunala in the main series anime had.
Funny enough, she has a Decidueye in the manga, so it would have been doubly nice for that reason; triple if you consider it being my favorite Starter Pokémon, haha. But yes - it's always good to see a Starter Pokémon when we can, especially for lines that are underutilized within the main media.
She actually uses one in Pokémon Masters EX too.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom