• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PE04: The Plan

Cast -

Ghetsis - Armen Taylor
N - Chris Hackney
Alder - Andrew Eales
Antha/Young N - Brittany Lauda
Concordia - Dani Artaud

Wow, that episode felt long.

It was alright. I think the most interesting thing was the Alder fight as N loses his composure from Alder's words and it's Zekrom that pulls through to win via brute force despite Ghetis' narration calling N the ultimate Trainer. Leaves some hint that N can still be reasoned with and whatnot.

My favorite one so far. Plus I like the bits it gets Alder, did he have those lines in the game?

(Checks)

As far as I can tell it was an expansion on one single line

"I beg you! Separating people from Pokémon... Do anything but that!"

Probably my favourite of the Evolutions episode as of now.

Shame Chris Hackney only has one whole line as N though because I could see him being a good fit with more dialogue.

Japanese cast (from YouTube description) -

Ghetsis - Takehito Koyasu
N - Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Alder - Yasuhiro Mamiya
Young N - Chiyuki Miura
Anthea - Yukiko Motoyoshi
Concordia - Miyari Nemoto
Hilda - Hina Natsume
Citizen A - Kohsuke Tanabe
Citizen B - Tatsuki Kobe

Unfortunately, none of the Pokémon voices are matched in either version this time, but here they are for thoroughness' sake:

Yasuhiro Mamiya
Hina Natsume
Shogo Sakata
Yukiko Motoyoshi
Miyari Nemoto
Tatsuki Kobe

Well, what do you know?

An Evolutions episode I can say is my favourite as of now and an Evolutions episode that isn't too bad with the VA for once aside from Anthea and Concordia who sound really stiff.

Shame Chris Hackney only has one whole line as N because I could see him being a good fit with more dialogue.

Fun tiny little detail I noticed right during my first watch: in the scene where Anthea and Concordia are talking with N, some Rare Candies can be seen on his skateboard ramp. In Black and White, the player can find a Rare Candy on this same ramp. Attention to detail if I ever saw it.

Last edited:
I am so ecstatic to see Hilda animated for I believe the very first time.

I do have to say that I am very pleased with this series focusing more on the female protagonists. I called out the last generations series for only using the male protagonists - that rubbed me in the wrong way.

I notice there may be a trend of focusing on the female protagonists every odd generation. If that holds that means that the Gen I episode will feature Leaf instead of Red. That would be the best thing ever, and I hope that they do it.

I notice there may be a trend of focusing on the female protagonists every odd generation. If that holds that means that the Gen I episode will feature Leaf instead of Red. That would be the best thing ever, and I hope that they do it.
We'll be getting Green in Kanto. So my suspicion is the Kanto episode protagonist will be from Let's Go.

This episode was by far the best one yet. Every frame was absolutely gorgeous and it covered so many of the epic moments of N and breathed new life into them. My only complaint is that this episode was so good that it left me wanting an entire movie of N's journey in this format.

10/10 - Everything I had hoped for and more.

I thought Armen Taylor's acting as Ghetsis was great, but I didn't expect the character's voice to be so... smooth? I always expected something a bit more gravelly from him.
Andrew Eales' Alder was also pretty good from the little that there was of it, although again I was expecting an older-sounding voice.
Chris Hackney as N is a very impressive choice casting-wise, although it's hard to judge his performance based on only one full line as RetroPokeFan said.

Not much to say about the episode itself, but I guess if nothing stuck out negatively then that's a pretty good thing. My one nitpick is the conspicuous anti-seizure darkening during the Alder battle. I feel like that could have easily been avoided if it was animated with that in mind instead of seemingly only caught in post-production.

I thought Armen Taylor's acting as Ghetsis was great, but I didn't expect the character's voice to be so... smooth? I always expected something a bit more gravelly from him.
Andrew Eales' Alder was also pretty good from the little that there was of it, although again I was expecting an older-sounding voice.
Chris Hackney as N is a very impressive choice casting-wise, although it's hard to judge his performance based on only one full line as RetroPokeFan said.

Not much to say about the episode itself, but I guess if nothing stuck out negatively then that's a pretty good thing. My one nitpick is the conspicuous anti-seizure darkening during the Alder battle. I feel like that could have easily been avoided if it was animated with that in mind instead of seemingly only caught in post-production.

This is pre I AM PERFECTION! Ghetsis, so he hasn't started going nuts yet.

It was the best episode yet. I loved it fully and it really portrayed BW story well. The fact that this was also released on the day Hisuan Zorua and Zoroark were revealed gives it bonus points. A solid 9/10 for me

Alright! Two of the games I played in a row. :bulbaWave:It's a bit weird, I thought they were switching versions each episode so I expected to see the story of White instead of Black, but I'm pleased they went with the superior version. :bulbaLove: N looks so much better with Zekrom anyway. I'm also glad we actually got to see Hilda's face instead of it being awkwardly hidden.

I thought it was interesting that this episode ended without showing the main evil being defeated.

Alright! Two of the games I played in a row. :bulbaWave:It's a bit weird, I thought they were switching versions each episode so I expected to see the story of White instead of Black, but I'm pleased they went with the superior version. :bulbaLove: N looks so much better with Zekrom anyway. I'm also glad we actually got to see Hilda's face instead of it being awkwardly hidden.

I thought it was interesting that this episode ended without showing the main evil being defeated.

Well Ghetsis isn't beaten until the second set of games. Then he is a vegetable forever more.

And across the Internet, one could hear the collective screams of "OMG HILDAAAAHH!!1!"

Go figure the longest Evolutions short yet is the best. And always a pleasure to get more Team Plasma. And hey, they actually DID something Alder this time!

Between this and Generations, the B2W2 Promo short, and even the Gotcha music video, I REALLT wish we could get an AU series for Isshu...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom