• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PE06: The Wish

Japanese Cast:

Zinnia - Ayane Sakura
May, Pokémon Voices - Hina Natsume
Aggron, Pokémon Voices - Shogo Sakata

(Interesting that the English version only seems to credit the VAs for the human characters – or human character, in this case – with spoken lines.)

Wow, they really blew the budget out on this one. I really liked the scene with the Legendaries coming out of the murals as Zinnia is telling the story.

I guess May is the favourite child as she got both her face and some (grunting) voice lines this time which is more than most other game protagonists. :ROFLMAO:

One of the best of this line with Gen 5. Must admit seeing (I think) Zinnia's mom was a surprise, or did granny have her grandkids young? Aster the Whismur is also older than I expected, or is Zinnia younger?

Zinnia age is vague after all

Oh hey, I got MY wish with this being the Longest Evolutuions short. :eek: :D

I'll give it credit for GORGEOUS animation...though the story is uneven. They crammed the climax of the Delta episode AND Zinnia's story into 11 minutes, though I feel like they did good with the time they had. Better than the Kalos and Sinnoh entries at least.

I guess May is the favourite child as she got both her face and some (grunting) voice lines this time which is more than most other game protagonists. :ROFLMAO:

She got connections ;)

I am SO proud of you, Honey!

This one was actually pretty great. The animation was actually pretty nice here. It was so nice to see Zinnia animated at last. I loved the voice acting for her also. Also you can tell May is another favorite since she wasn't obscured. They need to stop doing that with protagonists cause now its obvious they're selective of who's seen and who remains the no face protagonist. If they could show Victor, Serena, Hilda, and May, there's no good reason to hide Selene, Calem, and Lucas.

I love this episode soooo much. I'm glad I lived long enough to see her animated. This episode also goes very well with the 9th episode of Pokemon Generations.

I also find those flashbacks with younger Zinnia to be really fascinating. Until this episode, only the Special manga was willing to show the rest of her people.

This one was actually pretty great. The animation was actually pretty nice here. It was so nice to see Zinnia animated at last. I loved the voice acting for her also. Also you can tell May is another favorite since she wasn't obscured. They need to stop doing that with protagonists cause now its obvious they're selective of who's seen and who remains the no face protagonist. If they could show Victor, Serena, Hilda, and May, there's no good reason to hide Selene, Calem, and Lucas.
On one hand they did show her face, on the other hand they still kept her completely mute.

Why is a gacha mobile game the only place Pokemon protagonists are allowed speak?

Last edited:
Animation-wise, it's much better than last week, but still boring in that it's yet another direct adaptation of a game event. I was hoping we'd finally get to see Aster, but no (unless she's that woman we saw young Zinnia with).
According to Bulbapedia wiki it is Aster! I was unsure but hoping it was too.

You can see that Zinnia actually wears the cloak seen in the flash back as well.

According to Bulbapedia wiki it is Aster! I was unsure but hoping it was too.

You can see that Zinnia actually wears the cloak seen in the flash back as well.
Do we have independent confirmation for that?

The stuff you read on Aster's bulba wiki page was added just now by this editor, and I can't say how reliable he is.

Last edited:
I am not entirely sure on the reliability of editor or the confirmation, but I assume it is aster because of the cloak (I might be wrong)
That's a theory. An interesting theory, but still not a confirmation.

I've reverted his edits and contacted him on his talk page to explain if he has any evidence.
Because of the age I had guessed her mother
That was my first guess too. And I don't think that Zinnia would call her mother by her first name, instead of just "mom". Which is why I never thought that Aster was her mom.

Again, I could be wrong, so I'm not rushing to edit the wiki to say that it's 100% her mother.

Maybe if we get a "behind the scenes" for this episode, we might get an answer to who exactly that was. Until then, I'll be cautious.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom