• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review PE08: The Discovery

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The final episode of Pokémon Evolutions is out! In Taiwanese, at least. The English version will come in an hour.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Cast -

Green - Cristina Valenzuela
Trace - Brandon Winckler
Professor Oak - Keith Silverstein
Player - Brittany Lauda

London-Moniton

Certified Goh's Grookey hater
Reaction score
As for my opinions, I honestly had to sit down for a while after watching and remidn myself if I was lowkey watching a Gabaleth video. There were funny moments, and I also like how the Lets GO characters were introduced.
I guess I didn't like the deus ex machina of Elaine getting Mewtwo, but it still made for a funny moment regardless.
However, personally this episode is inferior to it's predecessor, but it's still good.
8/10

KrspaceT

Reaction score
One thing that struck me is that this episode was VERY animated. Like this might be a very Sakuga episode, but that's not quite my fortee so any experts can probably correct me if that is the case or not.

It also had a pretty comedic bend to it that I didn't notice with the other series: they had jokes (hello Totodile), but this one's tone was pretty marketly so. Not a problem or a bad thing or even a mark against it, but something that is noticeable.

Honestly these last three episodes had a ton of budget to them.

Anyway, still a good and fun episode, and hey Mega Evolution. Hope you show up again our favorite mechanic Game Freak seems to have a strange reaction towards.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Somehow, despite seeing Blue on the poster it didn't click in my mind that this would be a Let's Go focused episode until I saw Trace. This was a very comedic episode, I laughed when Blue was about to advance the plot only for the Nugget Trainers to show up and block her path only for her to speedrun them. This episode was also very energetic (montage of Player vs Blue aside) with lots of fluid animation. I really did like the ending with Oak thinking he's got the complete Dex only to get a call about more Pokémon being discovered, felt very meta.

As expected, this episode couldn't top last week's but I still really enjoyed it as a send off to the series. :bulbaLove:

SlyGecko

Lover of lizard Pokemon
Reaction score
This episodes had a lot or positives. Good animation, some funny moments, Elaine actually getting some words in. The only thing I don't like... It has Trace in it and I have a serious dislike for Trace.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Why the hell are not only Blue and Elaine's faces visible but they're the only Player characters allowed to SPEAK?!

That's against the rules!

Lmao joking this is probably my favorite episode of the bunch.

I KNEW Blue would be awesome

Elaine also got darker skin just like Victor!

Lmao They switched Red and Green's Starters! XD
In the games Red is supposed to Venusaur while Green has Charizard.
Evolutions just straight up said fuck that lmao

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Also this has to be the most expressive Mewtwo I've ever seen lmao

Screenshot_20211223-112943_Chrome.jpg

SammyW27

Reaction score
Hmmm.... :unsure:

On one hand, there was more to it than I expected. I especially liked seeing the usually stoic and serious Mewtwo looking flustered.
On the other...it was literally and figuratively all over the place o_O

SlyGecko

Lover of lizard Pokemon
Reaction score
Why the hell are not only Blue and Elaine's faces visible but they're the only Player characters allowed to SPEAK?!

That's against the rules!

Lmao joking this is probably my favorite episode of the bunch.

I KNEW Blue would be awesome

Elaine also got darker skin just like Victor!

Lmao They switched Red and Green's Starters! XD
In the games Red is supposed to Venusaur while Green has Charizard.
Evolutions just straight up said fuck that lmao
The only reason I can think of for why the switched Red and Blue's starters was simply to make Red look cooler.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Of course the Kanto protagonists get the best treatment of all. I mean Blue/Green/Leaf got the most screentime AND got to talk. The episode was great though. It was nicely animated.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Now this was definitely a great way to end the anthology. Not only were the comedic facial expressions genuinely funny, the episode itself ended on a very sweet note, about trainers all being part of one whole community helping one another and finding Pokemon.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
That was a treat to watch, even though derpy Elaine catching Mewtwo wasn't believable in the least. I think they gave Charizard to Red to suggest that Green was the protagonist (hence her rival should use Venusaur), which wasn't the case in LGPE. Elaine and Trace had their own thing going on, and I'm pretty sure that Chase was the one who called about Meltan, which reminded me of Mew's cameo in Origins.

Of course the Kanto protagonists get the best treatment of all. I mean Blue/Green/Leaf got the most screentime AND got to talk. The episode was great though. It was nicely animated.
She deserves it considering that it's her first animated appearance. Also, the reasoning is simple: she wasn't a protagonist in LGPE and had a distinct personality (more so than the the NPC versions of the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Kalos player characters).

Last edited:

Zweilous

Reaction score
This was a cute episode, it didn't expand on much, but it was a nice little adventure involving Green trying to get Mewtwo and it had some fun and enjoyable moments along the way. I do wish that Elaine getting Mewtwo was given a bit more depth rather than only being for laughs as I agree it wasn't the most believable, but it was fine.