• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review PE08: The Discovery

Almonds

Lovely
Reaction score
At first I was excited to see Green (or Blue) as the protagonist. It took me a while to realize this was based on LGPE.

Animation wise... nothing too particular. Sometimes the movements were static, other times (especially with Blastoise) the attacks were pretty cool.

The nugget bridge challenge was hilarious.

Overall, to rank my favorites based on animation and storytelling:
1. Ep 04 The Plan
2. Ep 06 The Wish
3. Ep 07 The Show
4. Ep 02 The Eclipse
5. Ep 08 The Discovery
6. Ep 05 The Rival
7. Ep 03 The Visionary
8. Ep 01 The Champion

ii kanji

Eternally misleading
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
This one felt like it had the most love put into it out of the shorts. I guess someone is a Kanto stan in the production? :p Seriously though the music and art and animation were AMAZING, and I loved the lighter hearted tone it took. I guess Kanto has been done so many times in so many ways that they can afford to play with it a bit without offending those for whom it is very important and serious business.

Sheep

weave a rainbow
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
The quality in this one was really good. Fluid animation, lots of nice small details in the frames, wonderfully-crafted backgrounds, and just excellent art in general. The close-ups of their faces and especially the sparkle in the eyes just looked so good. Didn't expect this to lean towards LGPE's story but really ended up liking that anyway. Trace looked pretty cool in this rendition too, quite different to his more chibified look in the games.. gives me more appreciation for his character seeing him in this style.

What I loved most was Green's adorable little wink and hand wave ahshdhfh. so. cute :bulbaLove: And so is the ending. Protag and Green looking at each other and blushing was uwu

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
How does this image make you all feel?

20211223_121144.jpg

Something about this seems so.... Unusual to me?

PaperSplash

Pika, Pikachu! Kachu!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
How does this image make you all feel?

View attachment 153992

Something about this seems so.... Unusual to me?
For me the weirdness is seeing Blue in that outfit. I know it's the one he wore in the original games and LGPE, but now I'm more used to seeing him in his FRLG and HGSS outfits, and I tend to associate the original one with Gary.