• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candice

Oh my.
Reaction score
So... Let's give it a try.

Welcome to the Official Pearlshipping Thread, a thread dedicated to the discussion of the possible hints between Ash and Dawn. Feel free to discuss any and all hints, maybe shippy pictures too, and generally talk about all things pearlshippy.

It's not like I believe any Ash shipping will come true someday, though he and Hikari do seem cute togeter. This is just for fun, duh. XD

Discuss!

Last edited:
Hummm...

Well, I'm Not Sure If The Cheerleading Thing Would Be A Hint...
I Think It's More Outta Friendship Really.

Hummm...

Well, I'm Not Sure If The Cheerleading Thing Would Be A Hint...
I Think It's More Outta Friendship Really.

I can see why you would think that, the name is a dead giveaway.....it's typical for shippers of other ships to try and prevent other ships that threaten thier own from happening.

The last two episodes have had some really strong hints in my veiw.

Hikari saving Ash in the fossil poke episode.
Giving him ideas for his rematch.
and of course her dressing as a cheerleader.

Well I'm Not Trying To Be Defensive Or Anything,
In All Honesty I Don't Mind If He Ends Up With Hikari.
It's Just Not My Preferance.

The Hints You Meantion Are At Least Logical,
It's When People Start Using Really Bizarre Things As Hints That It Gets Dumb.

I'm all for an Ash/Hikari thing. I agree with the cheerleading comment, to me, that was dropping big hints. I just don't want it to be a Hikari/Nozomi/Ash triangle or Hikari/Nozomi. That would bug the heck out of me.

But in all logic, I think that Hikari, being such a brat (but she's still my favourite character, besides James, Drew and Jessie) that she is, will take some time to actually show major feelings for Ash (if any).

I don't mind this ship to be honest, although I don't think it'll end up happening. A lot of people seem to think Ash/Hikari will end up like Ash/May, just as good friends who eventually go their seperate ways.

I wouldn't mind the writers proving me wrong, but at the moment I'm more inclined to think Hikari will end up like May did.

^ Agreed. The greatest hindrance for pearlshipping becoming canon is the fact that Hikari is most likely to leave the show after 4 or 5 years, just like May did. I don't mind it though. As I said before, I don't believe any Ash ship will become canon anyway... This is just for fun.

Anyone whom becomes too attached to this shipping may have some trouble when Hikari is gone, like some pokeshippers and a few advanceshippers. But I think the pearlshippers supporters won't be too passionate. They must have learned the lesson due to what happened to the other girls.

The last two episodes have had some really strong hints in my veiw.

Hikari saving Ash in the fossil poke episode.
Giving him ideas for his rematch.
and of course her dressing as a cheerleader.

I don't think those are hints, just cute signs that Ash and Hikari are getting closer - not in a romantic way, though. I like the way the writers are handling their friendship, it seems better than how they did with Ash and May in early Hoenn.

An interesting plot to me would be Nozomi feeling jealous towards Hikari and Ash, whom'd stay oblivious to the whole situation. I hate love triangles, but I like this idea for some strange reason :p

Last edited:
Pike Queen Lucy said:
I don't think those are hints, just cute signs that Ash and Hikari are getting closer - not in a romantic way, though. I like the way the writers are handling their friendship, it seems better than how they did with Ash and May in early Hoenn.

I did not say that those hints meant they were in love off the bat or anything, like you said it helps them get closer, and they are a great opener for the ship in my veiw.

Ships have to start out small ya know.

Last edited:
I did not say that those hints meant they were in love off the bat or anything, like you said it helps them get closer, and they are a great opener for the ship in my veiw.

I see, and I totally agree with you. Most of times, I don't like the kind of shippings that you know the boy and the girl are going to hook up in the end when they first see each other... it's boring. Things should start small, as you said :)

Do you think Ash notices Hikari looking different in her dresses? He hasn't made a comment about them yet, I don't think.

He questioned her dress at the start of DP11 but that was just so the writers could explain a difference between May's contests and Hikari's contests.

But of course, May wasn't mentioned, right.

Nice job with continuity, writers.

Hikari seemed to be under the impression that they already knew of contests in other regions...

Anyone else get the feeling that this ship isn't as popular as it should be even with the lack of evidence?

I remember Advanceshipping was hugely popular when May first appeared in the anime, so by contrast, why does nobody care about Pearlshipping?

I think this ship isnt going to be as popular because of what we have seen and learned over the years after Misty then May. People are starting to realize that nothing probably will ever happen and they dont want to get there hopes up over Hikari and Ash... As much as I think I would like to see Ash hook up with some one... I dont think he ever will. (Edit) (Sorry I have only watched the first three dp eps so I wouldnt know about any other Hikari ships that there may be.) Also what episode has Hikari in the chearleader outfit? That sounds interesting XD

Last edited:
Anyone else get the feeling that this ship isn't as popular as it should be even with the lack of evidence?

I remember Advanceshipping was hugely popular when May first appeared in the anime, so by contrast, why does nobody care about Pearlshipping?

Yah as some one here already said the reason why its not going to be as popular is becuase we all know Hikari is going to leave soon just like both Misty and May did. So don't want to get too obssesed with it...But it still is one of the biggest D/P ships around at least...

Scott85 said:

I was wondering about that too. Even nevermetshippings like hoenshipping were way more popular :/

Maybe people just don't want to raise hopes up, though they really think the shipping is cute. IMO, this is something that is going to happen with every Ash/main girl shipping from now on.

I guess the shipping is sure to become more popular when the writers include some Ash/Hikari fanservice, like they did with Ash and May. There weren't any blatant hints for advanceshipping, but if episodes like Date Expectations, TBTB and those scenes in 9th movie weren't advanceshipping fanservice, I don't know what else is. Hikari and Ash are probably going to share some sweet moments as well.

does any one seen the episode where hikari cheer for Ash
that was soo sweet it cloud be a signe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom