• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Conway is creepy if you look at it. Too bad Ash doesn't see that =P

Oh I think Ash knows Conways creepy, he's just not mean to out right and say it LOL. Now, Pikachu is like Ash, he's oblivious to love. So I wouldn't say its one sided till some one asked Ash if he liked Dawn and he said no.
There's that Pokemon episode coming up, think Dawn will finally get to meet Ash mom? I bet his mom would like her.

Oh I think Ash knows Conways creepy, he's just not mean to out right and say it LOL. Now, Pikachu is like Ash, he's oblivious to love. So I wouldn't say its one sided till some one asked Ash if he liked Dawn and he said no.
There's that Pokemon episode coming up, think Dawn will finally get to meet Ash mom? I bet his mom would like her.

well that is if she goes to pallet town with him, or maybe she will jsut come to sinnoh to watch the league. I hope dawn does meet her though

well that is if she goes to pallet town with him, or maybe she will jsut come to sinnoh to watch the league. I hope dawn does meet her though

Well, its just there's an up coming episode where Ash is going to meet all of his Pokemon again. I'm sure his mom wouldn't pass up a chance to see her son, I'd love it if Dawn did a little bowe to Ash mom and impressed her.

its pokemon delia likes all of ash's friends, brock, tracey, misty, may and max, I'm pretty sure she'll like dawn as well

Well that's true, she'd probaly even like PaulXD
What I'd like is for Ash mom to be all "She's such a cute little girlfriend of yours!" And Ash being all "What?!" Falling over.
I'm sure Dawn would probaly have the same reaction or be all "What?!" without falling.

Well dp 180 certainly wasn't very helpful in a PearlShipping way, rather a punch in our face. However, I can only build my final opinion after I watched either a subbed or the dub version of this episode.

Nevertheless, even when now PearlShipping is pretty unlikely to happen it will life on in my heart and my FanFiction and who knows, for now we know practically nothing about the Black & White Anime. Maybe after the league is finished Dawn/Hikari travels with Kenny/Kengo but then notice she dislikes him and in three years she meet Ash/Satoshi somewhere in Isshu three years from now on or so. (Yeah of course but dreaming is nice...)

I would like to see Bayleef´s reaction when she sees Ash and Dawn giving each other a high five or somethhing like that... she will try to get Ash´s attention by pushing Dawn and Ash will scold her... then... uhh... I don´t know...

Well dp 180 certainly wasn't very helpful in a PearlShipping way, rather a punch in our face. However, I can only build my final opinion after I watched either a subbed or the dub version of this episode.

Nevertheless, even when now PearlShipping is pretty unlikely to happen it will life on in my heart and my FanFiction and who knows, for now we know practically nothing about the Black & White Anime. Maybe after the league is finished Dawn/Hikari travels with Kenny/Kengo but then notice she dislikes him and in three years she meet Ash/Satoshi somewhere in Isshu three years from now on or so. (Yeah of course but dreaming is nice...)

I don't see how it was a punch to our face?
She didn't go with him and he was jealous of Ash the entire time.
The only thing I see was that letter that said she'd hopefully see him again in another Grand Festival like the one they just had. She's not mean, I don't get it =/
Or do people keep translating wrong? Another person tolled me she said that she had to decide after the league, two people tolled me two different things. I don't know, I think I'd rather have Dawn travel with Zoey than Kenny LOL. There are reasons why we can see Dawn staying and why we can see Dawn leaving, so I'd say 80 % both ways, I'll wait till we get some actual confirmation or posters before I go Zomygosh its the end of the world!!!
And BayLeef, she's one of my favorite of Ash Pokemon. I'd also like to see her reaction to Ash and Dawn's close relationship. I mean BayLeef was jealous of Ash and Pikachu's bond, imagine if she got jealous of Dawn being all close to Ash tooXD

I just hope we see some pearlshipping hints during the league, after the league and so on. These last few episodes I haven't seen any hints

I don't know, she got jealous of Pikachu, but did she ever get jealous of a human close to Ash? I don't think so, it'd be cute though. I do think will get some thing here and there, like I said with Conway being there and all. Hey'll likely be really jealous of Ash and stuff, my guess.

well I saw the preview for dp 182 and it seems like the episode is about his pokemon getting out of control, and then it also showed that corphish and Bayleef tackled Ash. There was nothing "pearlshippy" that I saw, we'll probably just have to wait for the episode to air

I just had a dream with Dawn searching for Ash... It made me hope that Dawn will stay for Gen.V or at least she will go tosearch for Ash...

well I saw the preview for dp 182 and it seems like the episode is about his pokemon getting out of control, and then it also showed that corphish and Bayleef tackled Ash. There was nothing "pearlshippy" that I saw, we'll probably just have to wait for the episode to air

Well, if there was any small hints of some sort I don't think they'd show it in the preview. Might be a few here and there, like Ash mom approving of Dawn or some thing since I'm sure shey'll be there.

Does it not seem likely that Dawn/Hikari would stay on for the next season as Gen V protagonists are gonna be older by a bit? Or is it more likely that Ash would age a few years?

Does it not seem likely that Dawn/Hikari would stay on for the next season as Gen V protagonists are gonna be older by a bit? Or is it more likely that Ash would age a few years?

well from the blog post of the storyboard writer, they said that the game protagnoists might not be in the anime, but a character made especially for the anime

Well, I have some speculation of it being a four group.
It could be Ash/Dawn/Brock/New Girl Change it up a bit from D/P.
I think its possible for Dawn to stay, guess will see after the league.
I can't wait to see possible hints in the up coming league though.
Mainly dealing with Ash/Dawn/Conway bet that will be a hoot.
We all know Conways character right :p

I don't see how it was a punch to our face?
She didn't go with him and he was jealous of Ash the entire time.
The only thing I see was that letter that said she'd hopefully see him again in another Grand Festival like the one they just had. She's not mean, I don't get it =/
Or do people keep translating wrong? Another person tolled me she said that she had to decide after the league, two people tolled me two different things. I don't know, I think I'd rather have Dawn travel with Zoey than Kenny LOL. There are reasons why we can see Dawn staying and why we can see Dawn leaving, so I'd say 80 % both ways, I'll wait till we get some actual confirmation or posters before I go Zomygosh its the end of the world!!!
And BayLeef, she's one of my favourite of Ash Pokemon. I'd also like to see her reaction to Ash and Dawn's close relationship. I mean BayLeef was jealous of Ash and Pikachu's bond, imagine if she got jealous of Dawn being all close to Ash tooXD

Well, the translation I got said in her letter she wrote that Satoshi accompanied her to the GF though he was aiming for the League and cheered for her so the least she can do is to cheer for him until the end of the league.
Therefore I also said I wait until I get a subbed or dubbed version of this ep before I carve my opinion in stone. I also don't like the idea of her going with Kengo. I would rather have her becoming best friends and travelling with Urara(Ursula) than travelling with Kengo and PenguinShipping to become cannon.

Anyway even if the blogger (one of the story-writers) said is true it only speaks of the first 3 eps of B/W. There still much can happen.
I for example could imagine a scenario where the first 10 or so eps Satoshi travels with the Anime Original girl and then something happens and she becomes one of his rivals in B/W. A female rival would bring a nice new wind in the show and we still can get our PearlShipping doses. A female rival also could draw in some new female fans for the show, depending on her personality. In DP some surprises appeared so why shouldn't this happen in B/W as well.
However, it also appears Satoshi won't be in the Anime anymore but yet we still speak of the first 3 eps and in DP Hikari also get a debut in an epsiode with now Satoshi so the writers may have extended this.
There are still many ways this can go and since the blog was taken down for an unknown reason who can confirm what was written was true.

Ugh, long post...
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
well the show is about Ash, so he will be in Black and White we all know that, and as for Dawn staying or leaving, it could go either way, the blog post must have been taken down by the pokemon company, or whoever. I bet the storyboard writer got in a lot of trouble. =P I think the only thing taht the blog post confirmed was that Brock is leaving.

Back
Top Bottom