• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

realisation
Reaction score
Yeah I found it on google...I don't know the source....I'll take care next time
No worries; I've edited your post with the source, but in future, just make sure to check the popular art sites beforehand; deviantArt would be your place to go for fanart drawn by western fans.

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
Remember that thread i made about Ash and Dawn getting married on your forum, Jackster? That was pretty awesome. What colors do you think their wedding cake should be? And should it have plastic mlp toys on it too? :D

Reaction score
Remember that thread i made about Ash and Dawn getting married on your forum, Jackster? That was pretty awesome. What colors do you think their wedding cake should be? And should it have plastic mlp toys on it too? :D
Yeah, that thread was awesome.
I think their wedding cake would be blue and white.

Reaction score
Beautiful.

How do you feel they should play the High Touch melody at the wedding? Slow? Normal? Also what season should the weddings be in?
I think they should play a slow and instrumental version of High Touch. And the wedding could take place at any point.

Good questions SylveonSparklit

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
I think Ash and Dawn should get married in the winter time, since Dawn has a winter version of her image theme (i heard it on youtube before ;3).

Awesome Kyle timothy is also a pearlshipper. Welcome to the forum BTW :)

Reaction score
DP is my favorite Pokemon series. This ship isn't my OTP, but I like Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping as well, due to Dawn and May being my favorite Pokemon character, due to their awesome character development.

My favorite Pearlshipping moment is probably the movie, when the Ash looks at Dawn, while the rose petals are raining down on them.

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK7mYUcHbuw

Posting this amv. It a very heartwarming one, and the song for it reminds me of my own fan relationship with Korrina from x and y (which me and my friends all call 'viewpointshipping' ^_^).

I wanna try to watch more d/p episodes. I wanna support this pair more, i've met a lot of nice people in its fandom.

Also Ash seems to inspire Dawn in positive ways from what I remember :D Like cheering her up and stuff. They're not just a pair but also good friends. That there is VERY powerful.

Reaction score
To be honest, I wouldn't say I've always supported Pearlshipping as much as I didn't support all the others I've encountered in my experience. That said, I have come to Support Pearlshipping a lot more since then.

I always thought Misty was too bossy to have a good romantic relationship with Ash. I'm not saying I hate Misty as a character; I think she would make a better Big sister figure for Ash then a girlfriend.

For May, I found her to whine a lot and doubt herself nonstop if things don't go her way, completely ignorant about pretty much everything pokemon and even disliked pokemon at first. Sure she did seem to grow out of the worst of it but bad first impressions.

Serena seems to be even worse. She's vain, whiny, quite rude at times, and possessive. All it takes is giving her a handkerchief when they're both kids, and she just straight up develops an obsession with him years later when she sees him in a news broadcast. If anything, I find Serena unsettling, creepy in a way.

As for the other female companions Ash has had, well, I hated Unova, so I never watched any of the anime with Iris, so I can't say anything about her. As for Sun and Moon, eh Not a fan of the anime's art style or it's choice in voice actors. So I don't have any specific opinions on those girls. That said, I'd prefer to ship Lillie with Sun from the first sun and moon games.

Dawn seems to correct, minimize, or even better grow out of those problems. I'm a bit of a sucker for Character Development, so that got my approval. Yeah, she starts nieve but quickly shows how eager and willing she is to tackle that problem. Maybe a little too willing, but that's preferable to the alternative, in my opinion. Not sure which example to give to prove my point, take your pick.

Dawn also has the most interesting Pokemon in terms of what they bring to the team. You got Buneary's crush on Pikachu, which was sweet in all the right ways. (Especially with Brock's Happiny serving as the child) And Buizel's willingness to trade with Ash's Aplam. It feels wrong to split that family up if you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's the main reason I'm for Pearlshipping. I'm looking forward to discussing it with like-minded people. If anyone knows any good Pearlshipping stories, I'd be quite thankful if you'd send a link my way

Reaction score
Your first take on May is awful and makes no sense. But ok.