• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Yeah I found it on google...I don't know the source....I'll take care next time

No worries; I've edited your post with the source, but in future, just make sure to check the popular art sites beforehand; deviantArt would be your place to go for fanart drawn by western fans.

I hope it hasn't died down...

「塗らせて頂きました!!」/「小夜子」のイラスト [pixiv]
35319428.png

「明けおめ落書」/「箸」のイラスト [pixiv]
32599507.png

「わー」/「remo」のイラスト [pixiv]
31603505.jpg

Remember that thread i made about Ash and Dawn getting married on your forum, Jackster? That was pretty awesome. What colors do you think their wedding cake should be? And should it have plastic mlp toys on it too? :D

This pairing is my Pokemon OTp. The great bond between Ash and Dawn and Dawn’s kindness towards Ash is what first made me see Pearlshipping.

I think Ash and Dawn should get married in the winter time, since Dawn has a winter version of her image theme (i heard it on youtube before ;3).

Awesome Kyle timothy is also a pearlshipper. Welcome to the forum BTW :)

DP is my favorite Pokemon series. This ship isn't my OTP, but I like Pearlshipping and Advanceshipping as well, due to Dawn and May being my favorite Pokemon character, due to their awesome character development.

My favorite Pearlshipping moment is probably the movie, when the Ash looks at Dawn, while the rose petals are raining down on them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK7mYUcHbuw

Posting this amv. It a very heartwarming one, and the song for it reminds me of my own fan relationship with Korrina from x and y (which me and my friends all call 'viewpointshipping' ^_^).

I wanna try to watch more d/p episodes. I wanna support this pair more, i've met a lot of nice people in its fandom.

Also Ash seems to inspire Dawn in positive ways from what I remember :D Like cheering her up and stuff. They're not just a pair but also good friends. That there is VERY powerful.

To be honest, I wouldn't say I've always supported Pearlshipping as much as I didn't support all the others I've encountered in my experience. That said, I have come to Support Pearlshipping a lot more since then.

I always thought Misty was too bossy to have a good romantic relationship with Ash. I'm not saying I hate Misty as a character; I think she would make a better Big sister figure for Ash then a girlfriend.

For May, I found her to whine a lot and doubt herself nonstop if things don't go her way, completely ignorant about pretty much everything pokemon and even disliked pokemon at first. Sure she did seem to grow out of the worst of it but bad first impressions.

Serena seems to be even worse. She's vain, whiny, quite rude at times, and possessive. All it takes is giving her a handkerchief when they're both kids, and she just straight up develops an obsession with him years later when she sees him in a news broadcast. If anything, I find Serena unsettling, creepy in a way.

As for the other female companions Ash has had, well, I hated Unova, so I never watched any of the anime with Iris, so I can't say anything about her. As for Sun and Moon, eh Not a fan of the anime's art style or it's choice in voice actors. So I don't have any specific opinions on those girls. That said, I'd prefer to ship Lillie with Sun from the first sun and moon games.

Dawn seems to correct, minimize, or even better grow out of those problems. I'm a bit of a sucker for Character Development, so that got my approval. Yeah, she starts nieve but quickly shows how eager and willing she is to tackle that problem. Maybe a little too willing, but that's preferable to the alternative, in my opinion. Not sure which example to give to prove my point, take your pick.

Dawn also has the most interesting Pokemon in terms of what they bring to the team. You got Buneary's crush on Pikachu, which was sweet in all the right ways. (Especially with Brock's Happiny serving as the child) And Buizel's willingness to trade with Ash's Aplam. It feels wrong to split that family up if you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's the main reason I'm for Pearlshipping. I'm looking forward to discussing it with like-minded people. If anyone knows any good Pearlshipping stories, I'd be quite thankful if you'd send a link my way

Your first take on May makes no sense, she doesn't whine any more than any other girl.

Last edited:
Hello everybody. Immediately I apologize for my not very good English. Although this topic has not been replenished here for a long time ... But, nevertheless, it should not disappear, despite all the attempts of the creators of the series to erase this history. She will always be alive. Because it was the best and truly romantic story. Ash (Satoshi) and Dawn (Hikari) are the sweetest and best couple the series has ever seen.

I will post my opinion under the spoiler:
Of all the girls-companions, Dawn (Hikari) was the most feminine, all her manners, habits, actions show that she is a very sensitive, sentimental girl, she has a huge amount of emotions and they do not look artificial. It seems that the one who created this character put a huge part of his soul into her. And also a part of this soul in their relationship with the main character Ash (Satoshi).

After all, it is from such small cute moments, awkward compliments, secret smiles and emotional outbursts that occur in them and many feelings are born. Considering how many unforgettable situations they have experienced. This is not forgotten, but connects people forever.

The moment of their goodbye on the pier and their last High-five:
All this is written on the face of Dawn (Hikari), her heart is torn to pieces at this moment. And with the last bit of strength she smiles. In this episode, we have already been shown what she then said to herself. She said the same to Piplup: "You are a grown boy." And to myself she repeated the words of her mother: "You are already a big girl." It is difficult to think of a more sad moment. And the inserted storyline that she didn't go to Kanto due to filming Buneary was clearly not originally planned. The stupidest reason to refuse a trip. There are a lot of options for solving this moment. Go later, go to the shooting together. Leave Buneary to Mom.

And about the saddest thing. Only from the trip with this girl, neither she nor he had any memorable thing.
From Misty (Kasumi) - Decoy.
From May (Haruka) - Half Ribbon.
From Dawn (Hikari) - Nothing ...

I still hope he keeps a photo of her with him. Brock (Takeshi) has a photo of them together. This means that Ash (Satoshi) and Dawn (Hikari) should have one, and possibly their personal photo together.

Now I want to dwell on the more specificity of the fact that this story has not ended even in the heart of the author of the plots.

S15EP37:

Ash (Satoshi) did not know about the Junior Cup until he accidentally met Cynthia and accepted her offer to go to her country house.

Let's look at this in detail:

Dawn (Hikari) knew that Ash (Satoshi) would never miss the opportunity to taste the best dessert in this case, ice cream. And only Cynthia could figure out where he might be located in Yunnov. In my opinion, Dawn (Hikari) herself could want this meeting and turn to Cynthia for help to catch a boy who is always running away somewhere. And the Junior Cup is the best reason.

Ash (Satoshi) would never refuse to participate in something like that. But for Dawn (Hikari), this is just not a typical competition. Another proof of this is her desire to go to Onyx Island and his initial refusal. And how, knowing well his habits, she lured with the story that a special onyx lives there. How Cynthia lured him with the Junior Cup.

I think it makes no sense to describe the reaction of the main character Ash (Satoshi). He was never famous for his ability to show feelings and gave the impression that he just did not understand what was being said when they talk about sympathy and falling in love, although in fact he suppresses his true feelings and thoughts in himself, afraid to show them and thereby alienate and lose dear people. It turns out a stupid child who quickly changes the subject from feelings to something else.

Dawn (Hikari), on the other hand, is a very memorable character. There was no character with so many emotions, feelings, facial expressions to express them in all the arches of the series. The way she stands on the balcony of Cynthia's house and waits for the plane with the very person dear to her. How she meets him at the house. And it is clear that she would like a much greater return from him. But apparently the creators tried in every possible way to kill in us the desire to defend our point of view. But you can't erase words from a song.
Even in these episodes, it is noticeable how much brighter they would look together, and not his new fellow travelers. I would like the moment of farewell to be more sensual, of course, but this is just my desire. This moment also contained enough. Since it was said that she will definitely report the results of the competition. So they were definitely able to establish communication with each other.

Let's move on:

Even in the XY arc, there is a small hint that Dawn (Hikari) does not get out of his head, no matter how they try to impose on us Serena. This is the episode in S17EP22 when Piplup appears.

I don't think the writers wanted to forget about this couple, they created so many moments for them. I think they would have caused us a lot more emotions from this couple, if not for the direct management of the company. If anime was created in a different direction, and not just to promote the company's products. We would have gotten the best romantic line in this story.

It's a shame it is impossible to find out the real point of view and desires of the writers when they wrote the plot for this couple. It seems to me that their parting plan, first at the pier with the departing ferry, and then with the departing plane, is not their main idea. Perhaps someday the veil of this mystery will be opened for us.

This pair is just made for each other Pearlshipping forever. And there is no need to worry.

How would Ash react if Dawn told him she quit contests? She said she got sick & tired of them plus she realized there were many coordinators much better than her no matter how hard she tries. Would Ash be okay with her decision or would Ash be so pissed off with Dawn he never wants to talk with her ever again?

Back
Top Bottom