• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pearlshipping vs. pokeshipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misty would probably win in battle, but not by much. Misty was never showcased as a strong battler in the show, considering the character bombed many of her battles in Kanto, Psyduck constantly came out to get a headache constantly which prevented her from having proper battles, and she has a severe lack of battle screentime in Orange and Johto. She was showcased poorly as a trainer early on, seemingly losing against every major opponent in early Kanto like Giselle, Ash pretty much ripped her a new one at the Cerulean Gym, etc.

Even at the Gym, Misty is losing to average trainers, like Sakura and those Pokemon brothers. The hoso's show her struggling as a Gym leader, losing to many of the trainers who come to battle her. Misty's only really strong Pokemon is Gyarados, the rest of them (aside from Psyduck), were never too amazing in battle.

Most of Misty's team in general was handled poorly overall. Starmie and Horsea were dumped early on with little to no battle screentime, Togepi and Psyduck were unusable in serious battles, Goldeen is unusable outside of water, so she really only has Staryu, Corsola, and Politoed to battle with normally, as well as Gyarados.

With Gyarados, she'd likely beat Dawn, but without (and excluding Psyduck too), Dawn would have a chance.

I just wish the writers actually handled Misty better as a trainer, because from what we've seen in the show, none of her battles were particular impressive, and she winds up pulling dues ex wins with Psyduck, or using Ash/Brock's Pokemon to win a tournament (like in the Princess Festival, instead of using all of her own team).

While Dawn isn't that much stronger per se, her Pokemon have been in a hell of a lot more on-screen battles. So I'd say Misty would probably overall win, but it would come down to the wire.

i gotta admit kinda true becuase Misty's a trainer and Dawns a coordinator and wait a sec didnt Luna say this is for which is better this is nothing compared to it...-.-

*FACE PALM*

No. Just, no. What does that have to do with 'shipping?

For the love of my mother's soul... it's not like this thread goes anywhere anyway. There will likely be sanctioned debate threads in the future, so I'm closing this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom