• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pearlshipping vs. pokeshipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how admiring someone is a hint. You can look up to someone without being in love with them.

Saoshi and Hikari give off a brother/sister vibe to me. That "more protective" thing just kinda furthers that.

No one takes Misty's Song as proof. I don't know why people keep brining that up.

The fact that he said it at all counts.

DAWN that she admires Ash. She has said that multiple times and Misty NEVER said that.

Thats cause at that time, Misty knew he was a fucking moron back then. Obviously he had plenty of time to improve.

So I guess the fact he didn't say that in Japanese doesn't matter?

No, it doesn't, because "Ash" was referenced, not "Satoshi". Please, if you realize fans are viewers of the Dub or seem to be basing their discussion on the dub version of the show, don't start with the whole, "well in the Japanese", bit. We get it, there are changes, and that's why they're generally viewed as "counterparts" and not a constant. I could've sworn you were even the one talking about the difference in personalities between "James" and "Kojiro" in another thread.

I could've sworn you were even the one talking about the difference in personalities between "James" and "Kojiro" in another thread.

Yes I was.

But I thought this all started because ii kanji said Satoshi wasn't arrogant. So I didn't think we were exclusively referring to one version.

But if we're just talking dub then yes, he was arrogant early on, but he grew out of it.

Well in that case, they're referring to 2 differen characterizations presented from the dub and raw, because it's clear that Psyburn was on about Ash.

So:

Ash = Cocky upstart

Satoshi = Ambitious, but relatively humbled.

There, I just solved everyone's fuss.
-----

As for the actual topic, I prefer Pokeshipping of the options. But in actuality, I'd have to call "Greenparty" on this one, as I've always been more for May.

Well in that case, they're referring to 2 differen characterizations presented from the dub and raw, because it's clear that Psyburn was on about Ash.

So:

Ash = Cocky upstart

Satoshi = Ambitious, but relatively humbled.

There, I just solved everyone's fuss.
-----

As for the actual topic, I prefer Pokeshipping of the options. But in actuality, I'd have to call "Greenparty" on this one, as I've always been more for May.

Thank god

I'm not sure how admiring someone is a hint. You can look up to someone without being in love with them.

Saoshi and Hikari give off a brother/sister vibe to me. That "more protective" thing just kinda furthers that.

No one takes Misty's Song as proof. I don't know why people keep brining that up.

Beat me to it.

PEARLSHIPPING FTW!!!!!!!!!!

YEs I know Misty liked Ash in the beginning of the show, and I used to like itbut it seemed to change in the Orange Islands. In the Orange Islands Misty didn't seem to be arond Ash as much as the seasons before it. She seemed to cling to Tracey alot so I swiched from PokeShipping to Orangeshipping.

Orange Islands was to me PokeShipping season. IDK how you missed all the hints in that season, really.

With Pearlshipping, it has been said BY DAWN that she admires Ash. She has said that multiple times and Misty NEVER said that. Also Ash has seemed to care for Dawn a lot more then he ever did with Misty of May. Ash has also seemed more protective to Dawn and this is shown a lot in Rise of Darkrai. There is also the fact that those two are alone together so much more then Ash was with Misty.

So saving my friends life makes me in love with them? Plus Misty knew Ash back them is dense with love anyway...so

Now the songs I have noticed are a high debate. But the thing is the Pokeshipping songs are fake. The only way for them to be real songs is if it were in Japanese and they aren't. Also the songs aren't even sung by Misty's voice actor. They are sung by Ash's Mom's voice actor. So foreget the Pokeshipping songs. With the Pearlshipping song High Touch, it is real. It is sung by the real voices of Ash and Dawn and it is in Japanese. Also the lyrics are about their feelings for eachother. They say several times that they will always be together and will never travel without the other.

I need to stop high five-ing and smiling at my friends because people may think I'm in love with them. [/sarcasm]

Also if Gen V comes, more likely Dawn will be replaced by the Gen V girl. So are you going to ship Ash/Gen V girl then?

I wonder that too, because people who are Pokéshippers have responded to that argument repeatedly by saying it doesn't matter since it was dub added.

Pokéshipping, or Pearlshipping? Pokéshipping, or Pearlshipping? My memories of the former are considerably less pleasant than the former, mostly focused around the excessive arguments between Ash and Misty and her various complaints about whatever he was doing. I sensed an aura of uncertainty about Misty behind these complaints, most likely about Ash’s capabilities. On the other hand, Dawn’s optimism has stood out most brilliantly to me, giving Ash some key confidence boosts whenever he was down in ways that I wouldn’t have expected in the past. In addition, Ash and Dawn’s personalities have been demonstrably similar to each other, and as a result, these two kids have gotten along very, very quickly, and not just with each other, either. In a nutshell, one could say that Pearlshipping is far more consistent with my interest in liberty, enthusiasm, creativity, and determination that Pokéshipping could ever be, as a matter of personality.

Hmm.. I usually stay away from these sorts of threads but I thought I would see what everyone has to say. Everyone puts across great points and I see no point in arguing as at the end of the day most of it's fanfiction. What really influenced me was when Ash saved Dawn from falling off the Space-Time towers and the similarities in both Ash and Dawn's personality.
So what made you Pokeshippers and Pearlshippers decide to ship?? It'll be interesting to find out what both sides think.

Last edited:
Ahh I think I phrased that wrong.. my bad! ^^;;
It's just whenever I go on the Pearlshipping discussion thread I always get told that whatever I think is shippy isn't soo.. yeah.. ^^;;

Not a shipper here, but I am a great debater.

PokéShipping has real romantic hints, whereas PearlShipping only has friendship hints.

Honestly, I'd say PearlShippers are grasping at straws. Anything intimate is taken seriously as a hint... I beginning to wonder if these people ever had a girl/boyfriend for their own reference in the first place.

I mean, if friendship counts as romance, I'm either
a) a player
b) a homo
c) crazy

And fact is, I'm d), none of the above.

Until we see a true hint, like people thinking they are a couple and whatnot, Pokéshiping has more valid points. And no, Ash staring at Dawn's chest doesn't count.

Until we see a true hint, like people thinking they are a couple and whatnot, Pokéshiping has more valid points. And no, Ash staring at Dawn's chest doesn't count.
Sorry, I just have to laugh at the last part. People can come up with some... ODD screenshots. =) It's quite funny what you get when you randomly pause a TV show...

Anyway, I prefer pokeshipping, just cause I think that Hikari and Ash seem more like siblings. (and I just used one Japanese name, and one English... I gotta work on that...) I mean, the high five thing is cute, but I see it as less of a shipping hint, and more of a friendship thing.

Just my two cents. ;-)

Not a shipper here, but I am a great debater.

PokéShipping has real romantic hints, whereas PearlShipping only has friendship hints.

Honestly, I'd say PearlShippers are grasping at straws. Anything intimate is taken seriously as a hint... I beginning to wonder if these people ever had a girl/boyfriend for their own reference in the first place.

I mean, if friendship counts as romance, I'm either
a) a player
b) a homo
c) crazy

And fact is, I'm d), none of the above.

This. Just...this!

...Dude.

That's really insulting you know. You should never label an entire fanbase like that.

Meh... my bad. That wasn't the intention of the post. Just trying to get my point across: PearlShippers have absolutely no valid romantic hints; it's as if they have no experience themselves.

So I apologize if anyone was or is insulted.

So what made you Pokeshippers and Pearlshippers decide to ship?? It'll be interesting to find out what both sides think.

Ok, back to topic...

It was because, well, when the whole Pokémon fad from the 1st movie and Movie 2000 was going on, I joined. Misty was the main girl at the time, so I only knew of her. I stopped watching the show after the indigo season, and stopped watching period after Movie 3.

8 years later, my interest in Pokémon fired up again, only for me to find hundreds of episodes past and 3 characters come and gone. May/Haruka was ok, and Dawn/Hikari is ok, but somehow Misty/Kasumi just "clicked".

So, after I took a look around for hints, watched many of the episodes I had missed, reviewed episodes i had previously seen, and read a few fanfictions, Pokéshipping came out on top.

Advance and Pearl are cute, but they aren't my favorite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom