• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

'pedia ideas

Do we really want that? The 'pedia isn't meant to be the be-all end-all to Bulbagarden content. For news, we should use a proper news syndication engine. I think the front page space should have: starting points (horizontal bar), featured article (blurb), message from editor (short), did you know (based on newest articles), and links to references and of course, other Bulbagarden sites.

• Staff
Actually, I didn't intend for either of those ideas to be front page things, just potential uses of the fact that wiki pages are open to editing, and to maybe jump start other peoples brains on other less conventional uses of the Wiki.

What you've outlined there for the front page sounds perfect.

Less conventional? Perhaps. But it still has to be relevant. A wikinews page could work... as raw material for historical reference in the future - but a format needs to be set -- headline, summary, link, date etc. -- as if the link could disappear at any time.

Changed the main page to the proposed format. Mr. Editor, please trim/condense your message further than what I've done, you can leave the full message at the page linked to from "Read more".

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom