People Protecting Pokémon follows Lana and Acerola in battles against members of the Aether Foundation. Players will receive Event Voucher Z for completing battles in this event, which can be redeemed in the Exchange Items menu for a variety of items including 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, 5★-Guaranteed Alola Scout Tickets, and Solgaleo Crystals, which can be used to give Main Character & Solgaleo a power boost, expanding their Sync Grid. Players can also obtain Gems and Event Medals for completing special missions during the event. Players will be able to obtain all of these rewards, with the sole exception of the Main Character & Solgaleo power boost, even if they have previously completed the Villain Event during its original run between May 12th and June 2nd this year. The Main Character & Solgaleo power boost, if obtained again, is automatically replaced with a 3★ Power-Up.
Unlike regular Story Events, this Villain Event does not include any lineup bonuses to increase battle rewards. There are however special bonuses for Alola Sync Pairs, who will have increased Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defence when used in missions for this event, giving them an easier time in completing stages.
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 10:00pm (PST)
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover Event Voucher Z and Solgaleo Crystal items will be converted into coins at a rate of 10 coins per item, which will be sent automatically to the Present Box.