• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Re: If the Original Dragon were to be revealed...

Separate species.

Kyurem is nothing more than the zombified husk of the Original Dragon.

What Zistal said, its already been confirmed by Drayden and Ghetsis in BW2 that Kyurem is nothing more than the leftover shell or remnants of the Original Dragon. If they are ever going to reveal it then it will be its own species.

That also means the DNA linkers would probably not be used in a re-fusion, since I don't see how that would work with a brand new species.

I still stay by my theory of a "complete Kyurem" being an antithesys to the Original Dragon. The outer boundary of the Taiji, if you need to get an idea.

... even if it has some overcomplicated and pretty silly consequences such as Reshiram and Zekrom merging with Kyurem leaving leftovers of the two that would result in a powerless Original Dragon. (As Reshiram and Zekrom are the Original Dragon in spirit)

In any case, if the Original Dragon were to appear, it'd be a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom, without Kyurem taking prevalence.

I still stay by my theory of a "complete Kyurem" being an antithesys to the Original Dragon. The outer boundary of the Taiji, if you need to get an idea.

In any case, if the Original Dragon were to appear, it'd be a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom, without Kyurem taking prevalence.

Whats the point? Kyurem in its regular energy-less state is already the perfect anti-thesis to the Original Dragon. Kyurem completely merged with both Reshiram/Zekrom does not make some other dragon other than the Original Dragon.

Its been confirmed that Kyurem was once a part of the Original Dragon, that is not a debate, it is a fact. Unless you mean it won't be a simple alternate forme, in which case I do agree.

Separate species, I think. Seeing as the Original Dragon is the fusion of the Tao trio, I imagine they'd have to incorporate attributes from all three. And I don't think Kyurem, who is the husk of the Original Dragon, can host all those distinct attributes.

Why do people want so badly to "fix" Kyurem? It's supposed to be incomplete. Kyurem having a complete or ultimate forme makes absolutely no sense. Just so I don't start sounding like a broken record, read my original post about why Kyurem will remain incomplete.

Why do people want so badly to "fix" Kyurem? It's supposed to be incomplete. Kyurem having a complete or ultimate forme makes absolutely no sense. Just so I don't start sounding like a broken record, read my original post about why Kyurem will remain incomplete.

Because having a complete Kyurem would bring the O-Dragon back... Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem are all imcomplete in a sense split off from the OD... so I was thinking... what would the stats be? if he does get a BST of 720 I say

HP: 120
Atk: 150
Def:100
SpA: 150
SpD: 100
Spe: 100

or something like that...

and he could either be Pure Dragon or Dragon/Normal and he would have an abilty which would let him get STAB on Fire/Ice/Electric type attacks and he learns all the Sig Moves of the Trio including the level 100 ones

Last edited:

Kyurem is supposed to be just the left over pieces of the Original Dragon, we're agreed on that. It is emotionless and can only suck in the emotions of ONE of the Tao dragons, Zekrom/Yin and Reshiram/Yang but never both. So it stands to reason that the Original Dragon would be entirely separate species of Pokemon. I personally imagine it to be a mix of Zekrom and Reshiram alone, rather than a pasting of some of their appearances onto Kyurem. And it would probably have to have a stand-alone game. Like a "third installment" like we've have before, which is unlikely now seeing as Unova has been done to death and bringing their Original Dragon together would involve bringing two versions of you - the player - the BW and BW2 you together to put this dragon together... only for the third you to take the dragon.

Unless, of course, the first game wasn't a third installment but rather just an alternative BW2 whereby the two Kyurems aren't the mascotts but the OD is. I'm confusing myself now. :)

I agree, I think that the aspects of Reshiram/Zekrom should be focused on as opposed to the leftovers Kyurem. Kyurem is still apart of the OD, but it will only be apparent in the color and balancing its two counterparts rather than taking a central role like in its formes I think.

The best design I've seen of the Original Dragon so far, has to be this: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/278/c/5/reshikurom_by_reina_kitsune-d5gvb1f.png

Its very natural compared to a lot of the other designs which are too complicated in my opinion. I also believe that I've found out what the basis of the Dragon will be:

Thermoelectric effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Icy Hot Electricity: The Thermoelectric Effect

Actually causes the process of ice, heat, and electricity all at once, I honestly do not see a better basis and fit for the Dragon than this theory. As for the tail generator to match the other Tao Dragons: Thermoelectric generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do it GameFreak.

I also believe that I've found out what the basis of the Dragon will be:

Thermoelectric effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Icy Hot Electricity: The Thermoelectric Effect

Actually causes the process of ice, heat, and electricity all at once, I honestly do not see a better basis and fit for the Dragon than this theory. As for the tail generator to match the other Tao Dragons: Thermoelectric generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do it GameFreak.

I swear I heard something similar to this concerning the Bird Trio in the second movie.

I wish i was here earlier, and i mean much, much earlier. So with all of this, I have my own conclusion that there indeed was an original dragon, but it split into not blk and wht kyurem, but kyurem and a combo of zekrom and reshiram.

hate bringing up old chats is a bad habit, but if their interesting...

I think this would be an interesting idea, but I don't see it happening. I've always theorized that Zekrom and Reshiram have the incapibility to fuse again simply because Kyurem isn't up to the task of fusing. You can't even have a White Kyurem and Black Kyurem together simply because, A., Nintendo doesn't want the possibility of players trying to fuse the dragons, or B., the less likely one but the one I like, the two Kyurem would probably destroy each other in close proximity because they would naturally destroy each other so they could gain the power of Reshiram and Zekrom at once. And then the winner would die of exhuastion and stress moments later because the fusing is simply impossible to do unless you are named Arceus, which Kyurem is not.
tl;dr The Original Dragon could never come to be because Kyurem isn't up to the task

Edit: If there was one to exist, however, I think it would be, contrary to most of the posts here, a form merging Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, not White Kyurem and Black Kyurem, since to me, it doesn't make sense how the original dragon would be in a seperate space in the Pokedex. Also, Here's what I think the base stats would be:

Total: 800 ( I KNOW this is stronger then Arceus, but seriously, I can imagine the original dragon being 1000 even. Remember what they said in legends about Reshiram scorching the land, Zekrom destroying things with lighting, and Kyurem's ice capabilities? (Think about Opelcuid City in Black 2 and White 2.) Merge that together, presumably powered-up a wee bit, and I see 800 base stat total)

HP: 130 ( Following the trend of Kyurem's high base HP)
Attack: 150 (To base off of Zekrom's attack)
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 150 (To base off of Reshiram's sp. attack)
Defense: 100
Speed: 70 (To balance the thing, without this crippling speed it would be introduced its own tier)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom