• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

Kyurem's eyes are yellow. The ice? You'd imagine that one or two-thousand years of exhaling frost would cause one to be covered in it. Zekrom, Reshiram? Well, electricity and fire won't just cling to you like that. Besides, fire and electricity are integrated into their shapes. If they made Kyurem similar with ice, then it'd probably be mistaken for a Rock-Type or a cancer victim, other than what we see: Covering it in ice!

If we assume the Original Dragon is Legendary and not some Druddigon, then:
A. What would it's base stat total be? If you added up the BSTs of the three, then that'd be more than the maximum 255 per stat, and over the most powerful of them all: Arceus. If you averaged them, it'd be under Zekrom and Reshiram's.

B. What would it's type be? I'm thinking Dragon/Normal, but that's irrelevant.

C. What would it's Signature Move be? (Yes, I'm aware that not all Legendary Pokemon have Signature moves, but with five/seven moves between it's components, it's a reasonable assumption that it has at least one.) I would like it to be a stronger Tri-Attack with a 10% chance each to freeze, burn, or paralyze, but, again, irrelevant.

D. What Ability would it have?

E. How would you have it without giving up the trio?

In this context appearance is important -_-

In what context?

Based on your logic, Giratina shouldn't be a part of the Creation trio because it has a different body shape, Keldeo shouldn't be considered part of the Musketeer quartet because it's smaller than the others, and none of the Weather trio should even be considered a trio because they're all different colors.

Also, why would they give Kyurem two formes that incorporate Reshiram and Zekrom's design elements if it wasn't a part of the Tao Trio to begin with?

In this context appearance is important -_-

In what context?

Based on your logic, Giratina shouldn't be a part of the Creation trio because it has a different body shape, Keldeo shouldn't be considered part of the Musketeer quartet because it's smaller than the others, and none of the Weather trio should even be considered a trio because they're all different colors.

Also, why would they give Kyurem two formes that incorporate Reshiram and Zekrom's design elements if it wasn't a part of the Tao Trio to begin with?

If it has blue and not red than it is in fact unbalanced other than some minor appearance similarity and a similar moveset we have no evidence of them being related but the this appearance similarity is minor so that devalues the evidence. WHICH WHY I BROUGHT IT UP! All the others you mention have other factor bonding them and look pretty related to me at least. I am very angry that you said "by your logic" BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE WAY MY LOGIC WORKS.

Now enough about my logic let's talk about your logic. You said the Twin heroes lengend was part of the main plot. It was but nothing really proved the history and I would call it at the core of the history if highly studied experts are the only ones who have a deep understanding of the lengend ALSO they still refer to it as a legend.

If the parts come from the same whole they are going to look similar. It doesn't make sense to me for Kyurem to be so incredibly different if it came from the same whole.

I can buy it being a young sibling or child to the original dragon but part of it. Can't swallow it.

...Shouldn't the mere existence of Reshiram and Zekrom be enough to prove that the twin heroes and original dragon did exist?

...Shouldn't the mere existence of Reshiram and Zekrom be enough to prove that the twin heroes and original dragon did exist?

UUUUUUUUUUUM HELL NO. Just because something exists doesn't mean a supposed origin is true. AT ALL. That is like saying we know god is real because the universe exists. It doesn't compute.

Or to use a more appropriate example that's like saying the existence of Kyurem proves that a meteor hit the giant chasm and created Kyurem.

Which was my original point.

Last edited:

UUUUUUUUUUUM HELL NO. Just because something exists doesn't mean a supposed origin is true. AT ALL. That is like saying we know god is real because the universe exists. It doesn't compute.

Uummmmm, sorry but I don't think god plus universe is a good example, considering that we don't know the number one reason why and how the universe was formed.

With Reshiram and Zekrom, we do know how they were formed. By saying that the twins and original dragon didn't exist, then you're also saying that Reshiram and Zekrom also cannot exist, but they do. And I'm most certain that if Game Freak were asked if the legend were canon, they would answer yes. Honestly, I just cannot imagine GF making this whole legend business more complex than it already is. It's pretty obvious that the legend is canon.

Also, please, chill down.

Uummmmm, sorry but I don't think god plus universe is a good example, considering that we don't know the number one reason why and how the universe was formed.

With Reshiram and Zekrom, we do know how they were formed. By saying that the twins and original dragon didn't exist, then you're also saying that Reshiram and Zekrom also cannot exist, but they do. And I'm most certain that if Game Freak were asked if the legend were canon, they would answer yes. Honestly, I just cannot imagine GF making this whole legend business more complex than it already is. It's pretty obvious that the legend is canon.

Also, please, chill down.

How do we know that exactly someone told us. Sound familiar? SO YES IT IS A INCREDIBLY VALID EXAMPLE.

So no I'm not saying that at all. And yes I'm pretty damn sure the lengend is true but that's not the point I was trying to make which you can see from my previous posts.

My point is that there is little reason to question the Kyurem lengend since NO ONE IS QUESTIONING ANY OTHER LENGEND!

ALSO I'm sorry but people not making sense makes me uncalm

You think we're not making sense? Sorry but I find that uncalled for and a bit rude. I could very well say the same thing to you.

With the two legends, the twin legend is more commonly recited, and is generally accepted by everyone in Unova. I also don't see anyone questioning it, so I don't see where you got that idea from. With Kyurem originating from a meteor, only two people in the entire games mention it. It's not enough to deny the possibility that Kyurem did came from a meteor, but it's certainly still not enough to turn heads. And with Kyurem's new role in BW2, things aren't adding up very well either now. It'd be different if there were more people citing that it came from outer limits of space, but there isn't a lot. If anything, there's more mention of Kyurem being the "monster who kidnaps people during the night to eat them", than mention of the meteor.

Frankly, the only way anything will be answered is when BW2 is released, provided if they do fully explain Kyurem's relation to Zekrom and Reshiram. The only connections that we have thought up are obviously speculation. In short, the only thing we can do, is wait.

You think we're not making sense? Sorry but I find that uncalled for and a bit rude. I could very well say the same thing to you.

With the two legends, the twin legend is more commonly recited, and is generally accepted by everyone in Unova. I also don't see anyone questioning it, so I don't see where you got that idea from. With Kyurem originating from a meteor, only two people in the entire games mention it. It's not enough to deny the possibility that Kyurem did came from a meteor, but it's certainly still not enough to turn heads. And with Kyurem's new role in BW2, things aren't adding up very well either now. It'd be different if there were more people citing that it came from outer limits of space, but there isn't a lot. If anything, there's more mention of Kyurem being the "monster who kidnaps people during the night to eat them", than mention of the meteor.

Frankly, the only way anything will be answered is when BW2 is released, provided if they do fully explain Kyurem's relation to Zekrom and Reshiram. The only connections that we have thought up are obviously speculation. In short, the only thing we can do, is wait.

I think you telling me to calm down is uncalled for and a bit rude. And no not really.

I don't remember the legend being recited more than twice unless you count the anime. And yes the part about eating people is far fetched but we do know that Kyurem lives in a Chasm what causes chasms? Meteors.

And if you trust the twin heroes original dragons why would you believe that they missed something. A third giant dragon seems like something that deserves a mention and would be hard to forget about.

It just doesn't fit because it is way too different for me.

Mod note: Lets cool it guys, no need to start an argument.

The people reciting, I was referring to the NPCs. And I recall the legend being mentioned several times throughout the entire game, and the memory is still fresh in mind considering that I've just played and beaten Black recently. Would you like me to go fetch some quotes? In comparison to the mention of the meteor, which is really only mentioned once, the twin legend is mentioned more frequently and in much greater detail.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe how you're disregarding the twin legend, while regarding the meteor theory highly when only very little of it is mentioned whereas the twin legend more prominent.

Kyurem's role, is for now, speculation. There are many theories of how it could be related to the original dragon, but again, all we can do is wait. If you want to hear my over the top theory, it could be that Kyurem is considered to be such a bad omen that it was deliberately not referenced in the legend out of fear. Or that Kyurem went on its own and gone unnoticed, and perhaps took the form of a meteor then. Either way, we can only wait until GF confirms how it is related to the dragons.

The people reciting, I was referring to the NPCs. And I recall the legend being mentioned several times throughout the entire game, and the memory is still fresh in mind considering that I've just played and beaten Black recently. Would you like me to go fetch some quotes? In comparison to the mention of the meteor, which is really only mentioned once, the twin legend is mentioned more frequently and in much greater detail.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe how you're disregarding the twin legend, while regarding the meteor theory highly when only very little of it is mentioned whereas the twin legend more prominent.

Kyurem's role, is for now, speculation. There are many theories of how it could be related to the original dragon, but again, all we can do is wait. If you want to hear my over the top theory, it could be that Kyurem is considered to be such a bad omen that it was deliberately not referenced in the legend out of fear. Or that Kyurem went on its own and gone unnoticed, and perhaps took the form of a meteor then. Either way, we can only wait until GF confirms how it is related to the dragons.

I'm not disregarding the legend I'm saying it is legend and so is Kyurem myth so their is no reason to regard one over the other. Yes the twins get mentioned a few times but the spliting thing only gets mentioned 2-3 times to my memory.

Last edited:

Alright. Just as long as we've reached a conclusion, then I'm fine.

That said, I am interested actually in how GF will explain all of this. But knowing them, it'll probably be something simple for the most part. And I certainly hope so, I deal with enough complexities when it comes to Zelda theorizing as it is...

Honestly if you think about it maybe the Orignal Dragon was in the air when it split into the Tao Trio? When Kyurem formed he fell to the earth and created the giant chasm. The locals didn't understand what happened and thought it was a meteor simple the meteor story is just what they thought it was not what actually happened

BW2 might not finish the story of the dragons, maybe when the games are released, we learn that there's space for another Kyurem form (the perfect form), and since Ruby and Sapphire remakes are not about to happen, we can still expect Pokemon Grey.

Do you really think they'd bother with a third version now? After these sequels? Gamefreak did say that there wouldn't be a third version for Gen V.

Do you really think he would tell you what is going to happen after 4 or 5 years?

He said they were done with Black and White, and you expect no Pokemon Grey, and then they tell you they're going to release Black and White 2, which is more BW than Grey.

What I mean, in simple words, is that you cannot use that to confirm that there won't be any Pokemon Grey.

Honestly if you think about it maybe the Orignal Dragon was in the air when it split into the Tao Trio? When Kyurem formed he fell to the earth and created the giant chasm. The locals didn't understand what happened and thought it was a meteor simple the meteor story is just what they thought it was not what actually happened

Now this, is a good theory, and similar to what I had thought of previously. This theory makes the most sense to me, and it certainly does seem very possible.

Also in regards to Grey, I honestly don't think that Game Freak will even consider it. BW2 is pretty much our obligatory "third version", so to speak, for Gen V. It pretty much expands on BW like how a singular third version would.

I think Black 2/White 2 is what we are getting instead of Gray.

Also I dont really see a reason for them to continue the Tao trio story in Gen 6, in Gen 6 they'll have new legendaries and characters to focus on, so I think this will be wrapped up in B2/W2.

It's pretty much confirmed a genuine meteor hit the area considering the heavy presence of celestial Pokemon and the nearly one-of-a-kind Comet Shard there.

Either Kyurem really came down on it, was already near Lacunosa Town in dormancy and got woken up by the impact, or wandered into the area after the meteor got its attention.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom