• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

I've yet to see Kyurem (base) open its mouth at all. It is literally frozen shut.

Anyways, given the new Kami formes they might as well program a new Dragon in the games altogether. It doesn't need to be compatible no more than the funky new genie animals need to be.

Quite true, but wouldn't it pull all the attention away from these new Kyurem Formes? After all, who'd use 2/3 when they can use 1/1?

Stratago said:
I've never heard anybody talking about placeholder data for three more alternates, so bring forth Kyurem's fourth form!
I would not refer to the original dragon as Kyurem's fourth form. If nothing else, I can't imagine the original dragon being called Kyurem, which is a name derived from the Japanese words for cold, zero and nothing.

El_ said:
It doesn't need to be compatible no more than the funky new genie animals need to be.
But if the new Formes can revert to the familiar Kami trio, then they will still be compatible with Black and White. I don't think the placeholder data is at all important.

For the original dragon, things would be a little trickier. But if Black/White Kyurem were to "evolve" into the original dragon (by fusing with each other or Reshiram and Zekrom), then the transformation could easily be reversible, which would accommodate compatibility.

Dark Deox said:
Quite true, but wouldn't it pull all the attention away from these new Kyurem Formes? After all, who'd use 2/3 when they can use 1/1?
The most logical theory is that the original dragon would be event-exclusive, meaning that it wouldn't be available right away.

I can also see what you're getting at, but once it comes out, who's going to use Kyurem at all?

Besides, fusing two or three Pokemon together would result in having to store the data for the fuse-ees and the fusion. You'd basically get a new OD for each time you change a specific individual from the batch.

I can also see what you're getting at, but once it comes out, who's going to use Kyurem at all?
How would this be different than what happened with Giratina and Arceus? People still use the former.

Besides, fusing two or three Pokemon together would result in having to store the data for the fuse-ees and the fusion. You'd basically get a new OD for each time you change a specific individual from the batch.
I don't think actual fusion would take place as far as the player would be concerned. My preferred theory is that Black and White Kyurem would be merged together - from separate universes. The player would only use one Kyurem, but the Kyurem from the other version/universe would be implied to be part of the transformation. As a result, the original dragon would have access to both Freeze Bolt and Ice Burn, but the other moves, IVs and EVs would simply be transferred from a single Kyurem.

How would this be different than what happened with Giratina and Arceus? People still use the former.

I don't think actual fusion would take place as far as the player would be concerned. My preferred theory is that Black and White Kyurem would be merged together - from separate universes. The player would only use one Kyurem, but the Kyurem from the other version/universe would be implied to be part of the transformation. As a result, the original dragon would have access to both Freeze Bolt and Ice Burn, but the other moves, IVs and EVs would simply be transferred from a single Kyurem.

I can see that working, and it would be pretty cool, maybe would even get a 3D cutscene showing the fusion, I would love to see that, still hard to imagine what the dragon would look like.

Also the theory that Kyurem is the OD's energy absorbing rival comes back to my mind, but I don't really believe that, and if it were true how would we get Kyurem's perfect form, I know we could probably get the Original Dragon by fusing Reshiram and Zekrom in the way stated above if it were true, but if it were true wouldn't it be cool to have both the Original Dragon and Perfect Kyurem?

Kyurem and the OD are not entirely separate entities. Even if Kyurem is not the OD itself, it like Reshiram/Zekrom was at least a part of it's constitution. I agree with Silktree though, that the name Kyurem and its meaning makes me think the the OD even as a new "forme" would have an entirely different name and even typing.

Kyurem and the OD are not entirely separate entities. Even if Kyurem is not the OD itself, it like Reshiram/Zekrom was at least a part of it's constitution. I agree with Silktree though, that the name Kyurem and its meaning makes me think the the OD even as a new "forme" would have an entirely different name and even typing.

Well I did say not even I really believed that theory of mine, I'm pretty sure Kyurem has something to do with the OD, probably part of it as has been said, I personaly have allways believed it's the left over body, drained of all essence, but I never believe anything completely until it is confirmed, so I'll wait.

I think that Kyurem was the OD itself... but not. Kinda.
All of the OD's Yin and Yang left its body (Resh/Zek), dumping poor Kyurem on the roadside in the process. In that respect, Kyurem is what's left of the OD, and therefore is. At the same time, since it's without the energies and body it once had, it's not. Maybe it's a bad example, but when Goku and Vegeta fuse, they become 'Gogeta' (The one who will destroy you!") and stop being themselves. It's like that, only backwards; OD becomes the Trio, and stops being the OD, but they're all still the OD at the same time.
In any case, I think that Kyurem is the key to OD's renewal because it, being the 'empty' one, has the capacity to house the energy of the other two, thusly becoming one again. That's why I think there will be a fourth 'forme'. It may only be the OD as it should be, rather than an actual re-incarnation, but it would be the Original One.

So, Akuroma says in the anime short that he disagrees with the notion of separating Pokemon and humans...

What if his master plan is to go all JRPG Final Boss on us and merge himself with Kyurem, somehow trying to create a perfect version of it? :eek:

So, Akuroma says in the anime short that he disagrees with the notion of separating Pokemon and humans...

What if his master plan is to go all JRPG Final Boss on us and merge himself with Kyurem, somehow trying to create a perfect version of it? :eek:

That would be pretty bizarre and unexpected.

Here's a question.

What would either the OD or "Perfect" Kyurem look like?

We know that Reshiram and White Kyurem have jet engine tails, Zekrom and Black Kyurem have generator tails, and normal Kyurem's tail is empty. How would they show the powers of fire and electricity combined?

And, "Perfect" Kyurem would definitely have to resemble all 3 dragons, but what about the OD? The OD can't appear to be a fusion of the 3, since it was the original existence. (Someone used DBZ earlier, Gogeta looks like Goku and Vegeta since they are the original, true beings.)

That would be pretty bizarre and unexpected.

The feather on his head is from a test-run of trying to merge with another Ice Pokemon, Articuno.

Here's a question.

Like a cross between all three. Black/White Kyurem should be a very clear indication of this. That goes for both the OD and Perfect Kyurem as they are essentially the exact same thing. The Tao Trio should be looked at as pieces of a puzzle, part of a whole.

Here's a question.

Like a cross between all three. Black/White Kyurem should be a very clear indication of this. That goes for both the OD and Perfect Kyurem as they are essentially the exact same thing. The Tao Trio should be looked at as pieces of a puzzle, part of a whole.
Black and White Kyurem are imperfect formes. It would not surprise me if the Original Dragon did not resemble any of its constituent parts.

I'm actually working on a pic of what I think OD looks like. Hopefully I'll be able to post it later.
One detail I noticed when starting the blocking and light details was Kyurem's 'three-horned crown'. Zekrom has one 'horn' and Reshiram has two. Admittedly, Kyurem's are busted, but it suggests (to me) that it once had all three. Additionally, Kyurem's appearance is kinda bland and without 'frills' when compared to the others; I think this is another indicator that it's the OD's leftovers.

Okay, here's how I see the OD.
DSC01302.jpg
This is a close-up
DSC01303.jpg

And, before anyone else says it, I know it sux, and it prolly doesn't look anything like the real one.

EDIT 5/17/12:
So, now that I have some time, I'll elaborate what goes into my concept of the OD.
I've always thought that Zek & Resh represented a fighter-type and a mage-type, respectively.
Zekrom seems to have armor on, or at least it looks that way to me. Additionally, its body is much more compact and self-contained as well. It almost streamlined for less wind resistance or something, and it's X-Wing design just looks slick.
Reshiram's general look, to me, is flowy and relaxed, almost delicate. To me It's feathery/furry appearance says 'robes' to me, and since it's a hard-core SpAttacker, it probably fights from long range instead of getting involved in close-range combat .
Kyurem, though, since it's the 'leftovers'. It's body is mostly devoid of detail in its normal forme, and the parts of it that are iced over are, I think, armor pieces from the original that weren't needed or incorporated into the other two during the split. For instance, I think those shoulder-thingies on Kyurem (which connect to the generator-tail) are part of the OD's 'armor' that were left behind during the split, perhaps as a way to re-unite.
There are a few parts of Kyurem's look that don't add up for me, such as it's 3-'horned' crest; I though at first that it was Resh's 'ponytails' and Zek's 'topknot', but Black Kyurem has the yellow central horn and the topknot. According to my Yin/Yang/Wuji theory, that part is strange, unless neither side 'took' that detail when they divided, and it was left with Kyurem. Or maybe that means that TheOutrage and Voicerocker are right, and that OD's appearance is actually nothing like any of the other three.
Either way, I still want to at least see an official pic of the OD if its unobtainable in-game.

Last edited:

Black and White Kyurem are imperfect formes. It would not surprise me if the Original Dragon did not resemble any of its constituent parts.

That's what I was thinking. It's like Vegito in reverse, where Goku and Vegeta are the original beings. If Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem were truly all 1 dragon, it wouldn't make sense to me if the Original Dragon looked like them because it was the original existence. If it did, it would be more of a fusion than returning to its proper form. That's why I'm leaning towards the OD being a separate Pokemon, rather than it just being another Kyurem forme. Still not really convinced we'll see it, but since the Kami trio formes were revealed, I'm not gonna 100% rule out anything. But I do stand by my thoughts that if we see it, it'll be in this generation, not the next.

DSC01302.jpg
This is a close-up
DSC01303.jpg
And, before anyone else says it, I know it sux, and it prolly doesn't look anything like the real one.

Awesome. Truly awesome.

In my opinion, the OD would resemble the three. They came from it, and are parts of it.

However, in a way, we already have it. I see each dragon retaining the memory and the part of the personality relevant to them, such as Zekrom's focus on ideals. If that is true, then each dragon is practically the OD in it's own right.

DSC01302.jpg
This is a close-up
DSC01303.jpg

Awesome. Truly awesome.

In my opinion, the OD would resemble the three. They came from it, and are parts of it.

However, in a way, we already have it. I see each dragon retaining the memory and the part of the personality relevant to them, such as Zekrom's focus on ideals. If that is true, then each dragon is practically the OD in it's own right.

Thanks, but it's really not that good a pic... I only had like an hour between classes to do it, and there's about, oh, 33,576,109 errors and bad lines on it.
Yeah, the OD does 'live on' in that respect. It also shows something of its nature, in the respect that its loyalty to its masters was so great that it split in half (or perhaps into thirds...) in order to not let one of them down?

Last edited:

What if the designers didn't think much about it, and there's no OD, or Perfect Kyurem? :p

I think the Original Dragon will look like Zekrom and Reshiram combined, the only element of Kyurem being the yellow thing in it's head, or the head-shape.

And since Kyurem is a left-over, there's no reason for him to have a perfect form, I think.

Was Kyurem's original appearance ever given a name? You know, like how Giratina's initial appearance is known as Altered Forme, Shaymin's Land Forme, and the Kami's Incarnation Formes.

That could be a vital piece of info imo.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom