• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Trollfreak:
Explicitly mention N in a different region--Have N return to Unova, put BW PC on the bus.

Explicitly mention alternate forms of Genesect and Original Dragon, have placeholder data--Give formes to things they havent hinted to and give a form just for a move.
I know how you feel man, I know how you feel.

A rather unfortunate idea has slipped into my mind... What if those foreshadowed forms were done away with to make room for the Kami Trio's and/or Keldeo's? I know it's baseless speculation, but I still can't help but feel a bit of rage knowing that could be what happened. Ugh, it's probably just me trying to explain away this nonsense.
Regardless of why Genesect and OD were left out, we know this: The Therian and Resolution formes were cash grabs.

The Therian formes were clearly made as incentive to buy the AR searcher, and given Resolution formes lack of stat differences, I wouldn't be surprised if it was made specifically to make the movie more interesting.

EDIT: You know what's worse? Lenora was brought down to being a fossil researcher, reviving fossils.

You know what would have been a better role for her? Being able to restore Genesect to its pure form, and contributing to the restoration of the Original Dragon by using her knowledge in Unova myths.

Last edited:
Trollfreak:
Explicitly mention N in a different region--Have N return to Unova, put BW PC on the bus.

Explicitly mention alternate forms of Genesect and Original Dragon, have placeholder data--Give formes to things they havent hinted to and give a form just for a move.
I know how you feel man, I know how you feel.

A rather unfortunate idea has slipped into my mind... What if those foreshadowed forms were done away with to make room for the Kami Trio's and/or Keldeo's? I know it's baseless speculation, but I still can't help but feel a bit of rage knowing that could be what happened. Ugh, it's probably just me trying to explain away this nonsense.
Regardless of why Genesect and OD were left out, we know this: The Therian and Resolution formes were cash grabs.

The Therian formes were clearly made as incentive to buy the AR searcher, and given Resolution formes lack of stat differences, I wouldn't be surprised if it was made specifically to make the movie more interesting.

EDIT: You know what's worse? Lenora was brought down to being a fossil researcher, reviving fossils.

You know what would have been a better role for her? Being able to restore Genesect to its pure form, and contributing to the restoration of the Original Dragon by using her knowledge in Unova myths.

This is an amazing idea. Seriously, what is wrong with GF lately. They've been missing out on amazing potential ideas. Now I despise Keldeo's resolution form and the Therian beasts.

I love the Therian Forme's they look awesome and are a huge improvement on the Kami's... but yeah R-Keldeo is stupid... but yeah B/W Kyurem are amazing... seriously a 170/120/95 offensive spread and a 125/90/100 bulk? yikes...

Its possible maybe the OD was planned but scapped eventually, you never know.

I can only pray that it didn't see the same fate as the God Stone. Not to mention, the fact that the Tao Trio can fuse with one another means that they should through Kyurem and another Gene item be able to restore themselves.

The only guess I can make is that the Original Dragon and Genesect's forme are being saved for later, along with the other mysteries. I know that it seems hopeless at this point, but I'm still keeping a little bit of hope that we will see both eventually, just not in BW2.

Hoping really hard that Generation 6 will be the games to tie up any loose ends.

The situation reminds me of the anime version of the GS ball. I really do wish that it hasn't come to that, you seriously can't tell me that the Kami Trio is more important to Unova than the Original Dragon gamefreak.

Genesect itself, no it will definitely be revealed soon, its the ancient forme of it that isn't in BW2. This all does prove a few things though, should we see the Original Dragon and Genesect's original appearance in Gen 6, then they will be completely new Pokemon. Genesect may not even be it's original name, and we will have to revive it from a fossil which explains why it simply isn't a forme.

The Original Dragon being a new Pokemon is why it isn't in the Unova dex, but they should have simply had 650 Pokemon, or save Genesect for next Gen and have the Dragon instead.

Well I mean they never released the Azure flute last gen did they, so their dwindling interest in event legendaries as generations drag on isn't new. Them ignoring Genesect is just another example of that.

I still feel like they really set up for a Kyurem form, and it still seems like something that would be in a future game, but that's not something they could squeeze into possible RS remakes. Seems like the nail in the coffin.

via @bluesun
DNA Link Pins - A pair of linking pins to combine Kyurem and a Pokemon which were said to originally be one.
DNA Link Pins - A pair of linking pins to separate Kyurem from the Pokemon it combined with.

Both Black and White Kyurem were also shown in the opening sequence, so even if version-exclusive (is it?), the formes aren't "alternate universe" exclusives (or could be and my theory is correct; see second spoiler tag).

At the very least, this suggests that Game Freak did not retcon Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom as being part of the Original Dragon. Let's just hope they don't release it in a third version -_-

Its impossible to do a third version at this point, unless they are planning on releasing something like that on the 3DS. Given that they were planning on giving us not one, but two Pokemon Greys beforehand though...

I just want the Original Dragon and Genesect's fossil forme to be a part of Generation 6 at this point.

Given that the story of the Original Dragon isn't retconned, and that we have had precursors to DLC with Musicals, that we'd get free DLC of the Original Dragon and Genesect.

RadiationDragon.jpg

One thing bothers me though, what element should the Original Dragon would be? It could be pure Dragon with a radiation theme to it.

I wonder what his BST would be? B/W Kyurem have a BST of 700... he's probably wind up stronger then Arceus

I wonder what his BST would be? B/W Kyurem have a BST of 700... he's probably wind up stronger then Arceus

720, theres no reason to go above that.

Kyurem normal 660
Resh/Zek 680
B/W Kyurem 700
Original Dragon 720

The Tao Dragons have a sort of 20 point difference theme going on.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom